News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be one additional factor that may or may come into play. But only If the AFLPA agree to a pay % decrease, on contracts across the board before the trade period,
10% decrease = 750k become 675k,
5% decrease = 750k become 712k,
The question would be does the new offer reduce by a % or does it stand as it was made after, in this scenario.

I am still saying that 700 to 750 is band 1, due to Brad age bonus and if he gets a 4-5 year contract which places him at the top of players in that group.

Edit, I am not saying he is getting 700K, I am using that as what he needs to get for the crows to recieve band 1,

Adjustments won't have any impact. All contracts will be based on the current full cap and decrease % applied subsequent. The agreement is based against the full cap, so will all future contracts be.

Thanks. Let’s see if you say then same after I say this.

Whilst I don’t think the contract in of itself will be enough to get band 1, there is soemthing else that might work against you.

From the age Feb 2018

Clubs can appeal the compensation decision, but none has chosen to as yet. The AFL can also intervene and change the compensation - as some thought it should in the Motlop case - if it feels that the outcome is an anomaly.

To me, and to most, Brad Crouch for pick 2 is a massive anomaly. Hawthorn, Sydney, and North (not that the AFL would care about us) would pressure the afl to make it and end of 1st round pick.

(Ducks head)
Except that it’s not the AFL deciding on pick 2. They are deciding on band 1 or 2 and then the actual pick is decided by ladder position. If you feel band 1 is too high then Fine, although I don’t see how you would know the contract details Saints are offering, but the system says that band 1 compo falls after the clubs ladder position in round 1. If we had won the premiership and Brad was going on the same contract then the compo would be pick 19 like you suggest. It’s not the AFL deciding Brad Crouch is worth Pick 2, it’s the AFL saying that the contract Saint Kilda are offering is worth band 1 compensation.

Hey guys,
Firstly apologies for the intrusion but I come in peace!
Think most saints fans want you guys to receive band 1. We’ve been where you guys are, although without the recent success (Shane Ellen still gives me nightmares). The scenario I’ve seen floated about is the saints up their offer to brad to enable you guys to get pick 2. Then a “seperate deal“ is struck for Dunstan where you guys hand over your second rounder. Effectively out goes crouch and 20 and in comes 2 and Dunstan. Luke isn’t going to win you a flag, but in my opinion is a seriously underrated footballer at the Saints and a quality Adelaide lad. Probably won’t happen, but it feels a win win to all parties.

Firstly, Ellen should never give you nightmares, that was all of Blighty's idea when we lost the Norm Smith Medalist the week before. Jarman in the 4th went beserk.

But I digress.

I stated above there is a win-win-win situation for all of us here.

Teams in these situations almost always pay overs to get their man. Im sure all 3 parties, Crows, Saints and Brad, will find a solution which may involve us accepting Saints salary dump of Dunstan.

Saints get Brad and keep their draft picks and salary dump Dunstan.

Crows get Pick 2 and Dunstan.

Brouch gets a mega deal.

This is the quintessential definition of win-win-win.

Hey guys,
Think most saints fans want you guys to receive band 1. We’ve been where you guys are, although without the recent success (Shane Ellen still gives me nightmares). The scenario I’ve seen floated about is the saints up their offer to brad to enable you guys to get pick 2. Then a “seperate deal“ is struck for Dunstan where you guys hand over your second rounder. Effectively out goes crouch and 20 and in comes 2 and Dunstan. Luke isn’t going to win you a flag, but in my opinion is a seriously underrated footballer at the Saints and a quality Adelaide lad. Probably won’t happen, but it feels a win win to all parties.
Change pick 20 to, let's say 44, and you have my approval.

In effect it becomes, Pick 2 and Dunstan for Brouch.

Where do I sign and please start the f**king car!!!!
start-the-car-gif.536607

Except that it’s not the AFL deciding on pick 2. They are deciding on band 1 or 2 and then the actual pick is decided by ladder position. If you feel band 1 is too high then Fine, although I don’t see how you would know the contract details Saints are offering, but the system says that band 1 compo falls after the clubs ladder position in round 1. If we had won the premiership and Brad was going on the same contract then the compo would be pick 19 like you suggest. It’s not the AFL deciding Brad Crouch is worth Pick 2, it’s the AFL saying that the contract Saint Kilda are offering is worth band 1 compensation.

Sure I understand how it works. The afl decide on band 1 or band 2. Part of that would be band 1 equals pick 2. Band 2 equals pick 20. It will certainly factor into their decision if it is line ball.

Sure I understand how it works. The afl decide on band 1 or band 2. Part of that would be band 1 equals pick 2. Band 2 equals pick 20. It will certainly factor into their decision if it is line ball.

Band 2 will be more like pick 25 when you consider the academy selections and band one compo pick(s) to GWS.

I know, how can anyone think the AFL will allow us a bit of goodwill

If I'm Fagan I'm getting out in the press and lobbying the AFL for Band 1, saying how important it is to have a strong Adelaide team

Would look a bit silly seeing the contract hasn't been lodged with the AFL, let alone provided to us. Basically lobbying for band 1 without having the most important factor in the decision.

4 + a trigger isn't it?

In which case the trigger wouldn't be included in compo calculations apparently.
Does it matter??? if you use Rockliff as an example, he got 4 years so 4 years (which we all know is a fact) + a 5th year trigger (since it's a trigger we know this won't be average out his salary into his 5th years) which means it just comes down to how much 4 years at $700-750K (more likely the latter) will be enough going by past history for a band 1 compensation with a chance of him triggering a 5th year at $750K if he play enough game (which become irrelevant in the FA compensation). I actually prefer this 5th year trigger instead of him accepting $650K for 5 years.....he might have done us a favour here on backing himself for a 5th year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ye
Firstly, Ellen should never give you nightmares, that was all of Blighty's idea when we lost the Norm Smith Medalist the week before. Jarman in the 4th went beserk.

But I digress.

Teams in these situations almost always pay overs to get their man. Im sure all 3 parties, Crows, Saints and Brad, will find a solution which may involve us accepting Saints salary dump of Dunstan.

Brouch gets a mega deal.

[/QUOTE

But I digress.

Brouch gets a mega deal.

Guess the only catch is Luke isn’t on big coin, and the saints still have a fair bit of cap space. So the salary dump aspect isn’t really necessary. Whatever happens I’m sure a “deal” will be worked out so the Crows don’t match, get what they want and so do the Saints. As much as I’m happy we will land Crouch for no picks, I reckon you guys will be stoked you get picks 1 and 2 in the draft. We got Roo and Kosi last time we had those picks and it almost got us another flag. So hope it works out!

Thanks. Let’s see if you say then same after I say this.

Whilst I don’t think the contract in of itself will be enough to get band 1, there is soemthing else that might work against you.

From the age Feb 2018

Clubs can appeal the compensation decision, but none has chosen to as yet. The AFL can also intervene and change the compensation - as some thought it should in the Motlop case - if it feels that the outcome is an anomaly.

To me, and to most, Brad Crouch for pick 2 is a massive anomaly. Hawthorn, Sydney, and North (not that the AFL would care about us) would pressure the afl to make it and end of 1st round pick.

(Ducks head)

pick 2 is irrelevant. It’s band 1, which is not so much an anomaly. Brad is young and the contract is long (4-5 years), so it ticks the most important boxes.

If he was leaving a Queensland club or a vic club, you could pretty much lock in band 1. The issue is that we are the ugly stepsister.

Hey guys,
Others here may have a different opinion..

But the only problem I see with it is that Dunstan effectively cloggs up one of our list spots.. but I can live with that..

and also... when you really get down to the nitty gritty of it..

So we say we could only get band 2 pick 20 for crouch.. but instead we do what your suggesting and effectively give Up our first second round pick and Brad (ie band 2 “pick 20”) for pick 2..

so effectively “two” second round picks for pick 2... if that makes sense!..

Sign me up. I would do that everyday of the week and twice on sundays...

I can just hear Roo now...

Well Dits, we thought we were a huge chance to get pick 2, we’re disappointed that we didn’t get it, but that’s how it goes and we just get on with it.
[giphy.com] bPkQZUug25bTa [e].gif

If Brad goes to North for $700K+ for 5 years and we don't get band 1 compo, AFC should appeal the cr@p out of FL house and demand WTF we didn't get it.

Interestingly, the wording in the SEN report suggests we might get a hint from FL house what the compo would be so we can decide to match or not.

LOL

Now Hunter Clark might interest us as we can offer him midfield minutes, something he's not getting enough of at your mob. Being wasted playing across half back.

We don't really have many spare midfield minutes. Crouch replaced by Hately and we won't be moving any of Sloane, Mrouch, Laird or Keays out. We've still got to try and get Jones, McHenry and maybe even Milera more time in there. Hopefully VB brings a different strategy and you're correct though.

But I digress.

Brouch gets a mega deal.

So we just give you dunstan and let u pay?
Lol
We dont need to salary dump
We have quite a bit spare still
Aint happening

Unless it netted us trelour
Lol

We took roo and kozi at picks one and two

Free agency period starts next Friday, so if the paperwork is lodged on that day, we may know on that day. I think.

AFL check it to make sure it fits into their TPP then hand it to us. I think we have 72 hours to match. We won't find out until we formally decline to match, doubtful its day 1. Unless it's an obvious band 1 offer, which is unlikely.

"Despite landing Hill, Paddy Ryder, Dan Butler, Zak Jones and Dougal Howard last year, the Saints have ample room in their salary cap given their salary cap underspend in recent seasons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back