News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expansion on honest Dirty Bird (thankyou alcohol)

I can see why some find you annoying. Your opinions are controversial, I can respect that, I'm similar

But your stubbornness is determinantal for you. You will stick by your own opinion even if it's wrong

Im not saying it is here (i havent even read what this post is in reply to, I just saw the reply was something I already seen 12-36 hours prior, and saw it was by you too and it reminded me of what was on my mind then) but sometimes you can be a royal pain in the backside. (Similar to me under the Riggy1 moniker)

Take a step back. You can be a very good attribute to this board being the devil's advocate, but your attitude comes off as condescending and rubs people the wrong way.

go home, you’re drunk

I guess it will come down to the definition of 'guaranteed'. If it's too easy a trigger, ie 1 game over 3 years, perhaps the AFL argue that is guaranteed in spirit. SOS and Rendell were talking about some mega deal relating to the GWS mini draft. Apparently was a loophole situation, but perfectly within the rules. Adrian Anderson got wind of it and told SOS it wouldn't be approved because it wasn't in the spirit of the rules. AFL likes flexibility, they even bend specific rules to get it.

Adrian Anderson - there’s a name from the past. Whatever happened to that guy?

A 80% Dangerfield at full forward will have similar output to Cameron, Geelong tried to bluff GWS by offering $1M which failed with them matching. They should have offered B.Crouch $750-800K which would have saved them all their 1st rounders, GWS will be after all of them given they are toward the low end of 1st rounder.....very strange strategy by Geelong.

right, so here’s the opportunity:

GWS are pissed, they said they’d match any offer and did. 5 years @ $900k

Geelong tried to call their bluff by offering that contract.

now GWS want at least 2 of Geelong’s first round picks, and some reports have suggested all 3

Geelong didn’t offer $4.5M over 5 to give up most or all of their draft capital

so like Brisbane and Carlton last year, there is ego, principle and tension involved.

imagine for a moment, there was another club keen on Jeremy Cameron. A club that bid high for him this year, and the last time he came out of contract too.

now imagine that same team, has just lost 3 players (and their cap hold) to FA who may or not have names that rhyme with Pouch, Pratkins, and Fartigan?

now that same team with lots of cap space, and an undeniable fetish for the player also happened to have the no.1 pick in something called the preseason draft

that’s quite the joker for a club to hold...

I'm not. The popular suggestion on the Saints' board is that we will not match a Band-2 deal and thay will let us "swap" our compo pick 20 for their 15, with no spud dumps involved! ;)

we could not recruit a comparable or better player than Brouch for Band 2 compensation, and no trade assets out the door.

So of course we match a band 2 offer. It’s our best outcome in that situation

Brouch then gets to stay, as he has always wanted to, whilst knowing he’s being full market rate.

if we get royally screwed with brad we better royalty screw hately with pitck 50 or psd. May soften the blow a bit
We wont get royally screwed. We will get pick 2 or keep brad. either way that is not us getting screwed. We dont need to screw GWS and we wont need to use the PSD to get Hately. (yes we can remind GWS that we have the 1st pick in the PSD). For me I would be holding on to that PSD pick just in case some one worth our interest is there to pick like J Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wont get royally screwed. We will get pick 2 or keep brad. either way that is not us getting screwed. We dont need to screw GWS and we wont need to use the PSD to get Hately. (yes we can remind GWS that we have the 1st pick in the PSD). For me I would be holding on to that PSD pick just in case some one worth our interest is there to pick like J Cameron

wouldn’t that be sweet revenge on those wonderful Geelong supporters

Stkilda fans suggest band 2 for Brouch.

Stkilda get Brouch, we get pick 20.

Then in a separate trade we send them 20 and a later pick, and then get pick 15 in return

Overall Brouch and a late pick for 15.

Think if this was the case, I'd push for their next year's first instead of 15 this year

Brad

could Chanel 9 media be doing usual click bait. ^ scrambling ^

^ This ^

24 hours ago people were throwing a pick 2 parade, but now that the media has gone quiet over the weekend, no trade radio etc, and channel 9 (lol) reportedly make a report (that I cant find anywhere) based on nothing and a claim no other media outlet has run with, the Crows have s**t the bed!!! Do you think Damo Barrett would be this riled up and camping out the front of Gill's house if he didn't think it was going to happen??? He is thaaaaaaaat nervous it will. Just read his latest instalment of sLiDiNg DoOrS! Riveting as always.

12:20 minute mark of Xavier Ellis's Podcast (Come have a beer with me, recorded this Friday) where he interviews Tom Morris of Fox Footy, someone with his finger on the pulse, talks about how the Crows will get pick 2 for Brad Crouch. Tom Morris > Channel 9. This now makes Tom Morris, Matt Rendell, SOS, Sam Edmund, and Damo (whether he likes it or not) people within the media in the last few days to say the contract offer will suffice for pick 2. Is he worth pick 2? No. Is he worth more than pick 19? Yes. Do the rules in place stipulate that with the right contract we will get pick 2? Yes.

Damo, Wheatley, Cornes, Riley Beveridge etc will keep flying the flag for the 'Anti Crows Everything, PRE SEASON CAMP' movement in trying to devalue Crouch, but the Saints, an actual football club with a little bit more know how than those muppets, know what Crouch can offer to their team, and at his very best, he is an elite midfielder. If Williams is a 900k, band 1 type of operator, so is Crouch. If 15 games in 3 years, Joe Daniher, is a band 1 type of operator, then guess what? You guessed it! So is Brad.

Honestly though, hopefully after the Brad deal is signed off and we're (allegedly) bathing in pick 2, the AFL rectify this rule because it is a ******* joke. No other major sporting code offers compensation due to free agency and herein lies why they don’t.

Anyway, not sure where stressing about all this will get these Crom folk, we're gonna find out soon enough what the outcome is hehe anyway g2g now, ily, go Crom xo

Stkilda fans suggest band 2 for Brouch.

Stkilda get Brouch, we get pick 20.

Then in a separate trade we send them 20 and a later pick, and then get pick 15 in return

Overall Brouch and a late pick for 15.

Think if this was the case, I'd push for their next year's first instead of 15 this year

why are you engaging with such stupidity?

look it’s not pick 2, it’s band 1. And he’s unquestionably a band 1 player

yup it’s band 1 which is pick 2 for us. The nature of the compensation lends me to believe he probably fell in tier 3 of the pre-calcs in prelim discussions with VFL House

Forget what St Kilda fans say. They were coming here telling us pick 15 was set aside for their number 1 target, Caldwell.

Turns out their club didn't have as much interest in him as they did.
Also turns out despite a bit of momentum right now, they are still a tier arse club like North, Gold Coast and Port and need to pay a premium for any recruit to know they exist let alone sign for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back