News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair value? Just like how the AFL were happy with how Geelong acquired pick 11 this year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
They traded a future pick for a current pick, and got the approval from the AFL to do so before they did it. The AFL gave them that pick with the intent for them to do what they did with it. Also it happened on draft night, not during trade week as a salary dump for some players they didn't like.

Who knows, 7-8 more years down the bottom and maybe we'll get some of those sweet, sweet, mid-first-round concessions?

Thanks but no, precisely what I'm trying to say is there in black and white - it's not a policy, it's a philosophy, and I stand to be corrected if you can point me to the link to the actual equalisation policy which states transparently how it's meant to be applied.

We got Pick 1 in the ND and Pick 1 in the PSD and that's all the equalisation we're going to get for one year on the bottom of the ladder. Repeat it 2-3 times and maybe they will start to let the rules fall in our favour with fixturing and FA compensation - but it's not happening after one bad season just to keep an audience happy who is already turning up to games and watching on TV ever week, and least of all one who is not at any risk of defecting to Rugbah league.

I agree it's not fair, especially when we're losing 3 players to FA, one a B&F, and our pick 1 is going to be claimed by another club as an NGA, but see above. Not for us.
Tbh we are losing 1 player that is meaningful. Atkins wasn't even close to best 22 and is no loss. A nett gain if anything with the salary and pick. Hartigan was being fazed out as we are in the rebuilding cycle. If he stayed he would have been a backup for injuries. Losing Brad is the only real loss and we should hopefully be compensated for it.

The problem is croc media runs a lot of the media cycle. The other problem is that we have a week ass CEO and a Chairman who was non existent in Chapman.
Chappy’s gonski. Time for Olsen to stamp his name on the door.

Tbh we are losing 1 player that is meaningful. Atkins wasn't even close to best 22 and is no loss. A nett gain if anything with the salary and pick. Hartigan was being fazed out as we are in the rebuilding cycle. If he stayed he would have been a backup for injuries. Losing Brad is the only real loss and we should hopefully be compensated for it.
I agree, though I think Atkins is a minor loss as a depth player, but he should net us a usable pick somewhere. Hartigan leaving is a positive because he was beginning to struggle with injuries, which is what prevented him from playing early in his career also, and we were never going to be brave enough to play the kids in front of him even though he was never playing in our next premiership side.

I know it makes no sense and against the rules but I think we will end up with a compensation pick after the GWS pick in Round 1.
Yeah, unlikely. But who knows with the AFL. 2020 has been a peculiar year.

Im 100% confident the Crows will get a draft pick for Brouch.:think:

:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the compensation rules take this into consideration, because thats a massive deciding factor?
It would have to if your dropping wages you drop wages you drop what band 1 compo is or its open to a court challenge id say by aflpa

I know it makes no sense and against the rules but I think we will end up with a compensation pick after the GWS pick in Round 1.
The secret herbs and spices is really just a few blokes sitting around thinking what the player is:actually' worth.

If we got a top 10 or top 12 pick, it would be around the money.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The secret herbs and spices is really just a few blokes sitting around thinking what the player is:actually' worth.

If we got a top 10 or top 12 pick, it would be around the money.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sure. But you can't change competition rules on the run. Club should take AFL to court.

I'll contradict you just on a subsection of what you've posted: it's only the BEST of the players you've listed we don't have.

Martin is obviously a generational talent, but Cotchin and Riewoldt are good but we've had players their equal for example.
Yeah I’ve never had that higher opinion of J Riewoldt. Good player...not great. IMO Gunston has been a better player over the last decade.

Does the compensation rules take this into consideration, because thats a massive deciding factor?

Would think everything is pro rata’d from the existing salary cap. Including Saints offer to Brad. With the cap and list sizes not being known and lots of players signing up over last month or so that would make sense.

You get an offer based on pre COVID and then a reduction percentage based on what is signed off with AFLPA. So the offers to meet the band criteria won’t change. I think that’s the way it is working

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What if the AFL doesn't give us Band 1 though. Do we still take those players as a dump if St. Kilda already committed to paying Crouch extra?
Believe free agency come first so if dont get band 1 then simply dont trade for those 2 players ,and guess if looking like not getting band 1 then simply offer Crouch more and keep and someone wants bad enough take a trade of better value than band 2.
If a club has salary cap room FA is a great way to get quality players at no trade costs and players wanting larger contracts would always be smarter to not sign contracts going past there FA year for bigger offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back