Oppo Camp Brett Ratten's Son Cooper dies in Car Crash

Remove this Banner Ad

He was 16 years old. I can't imagine how awful it would be for the family to wake up to that.

Jacobs would have known him wouldn't he?

Most of us have probably left our seatbelts off, most of us have unfortunately driven when they shouldn't have or been with someone like that. Thats how quick things can go wrong.

16 years of age.

...I'm sure we all did things that were risky and stupid....

Yup, when I think back on some of silly things I did my hair stands on end. But by the grace of God go I. My parents were responsible parents but just didn't have a clue as to what we were up to at times. My sympathies to the Ratten family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

such a sad story, as I wrote elsewhere burying your child must be the heaviest burden a parent can ever carry. awful.

I remember reading a story a week or two ago about Ratten Snr when he was appointed to Carlton as head coach, they talked about him being a solid, working class bloke from humble roots. A man who named his 2 kids Cooper and Tanner, good, proud working names to inspire them as they grew up.

The herald sun has pictures of Brett with his cooper as 14 month old, as a 2 year old. it shows the origins of family, and the true weight of tragedy that many endure too regularly, albeit out of the public eye. The driver and other passengers are alive, he isn't, all for a back seat seatbelt.

the nightmares Brett and family must be having and will have.

such a sad story, as I wrote elsewhere burying your child must be the heaviest burden a parent can ever carry. awful.

I remember reading a story a week or two ago about Ratten Snr when he was appointed to Carlton as head coach, they talked about him being a solid, working class bloke from humble roots. A man who named his 2 kids Cooper and Tanner, good, proud working names to inspire them as they grew up.

The herald sun has pictures of Brett with his cooper as 14 month old, as a 2 year old. it shows the origins of family, and the true weight of tragedy that many endure too regularly, albeit out of the public eye. The driver and other passengers are alive, he isn't, all for a back seat seatbelt.

the nightmares Brett and family must be having and will have.

I like mourning Sanders. He's nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back