Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This announcement is Johnson’s way of daring the opposition to vote no confidence in him. Extraordinarily cynical (I.e. relying on his parliamentary colleagues sense of duty to the nation to effect a successful manipulation), and to my mind further evidence of his unfitness for office.

I’m half hoping they call his bluff and agree to the prorogation. That will then park the No-Deal blame firmly in the Tories court, I expect both Boris & the DUP to panic at the prospect of eternal electoral annihilation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This announcement is Johnson’s way of daring the opposition to vote no confidence in him. Extraordinarily cynical (I.e. relying on his parliamentary colleagues sense of duty to the nation to effect a successful manipulation), and to my mind further evidence of his unfitness for office.

I’m half hoping they call his bluff and agree to the prorogation. That will then park the No-Deal blame firmly in the Tories court, I expect both Boris & the DUP to panic at the prospect of eternal electoral annihilation.

He will go no-deal then election.

He needs to shoot the Brexit Party fox.

So much for "Parliamentary Sovereignty", eh? Parliament is supposed to hold the Government to account. By doing this, Parliament is being subverted, and that is a very, very slippy slope to find yourself on. Parliament won't pass a law? Prorogue it! Then you Leavers have the cheek to call EU "undemocractic"...well yes , Maybe if an unelected leader suspended a parliament to force a deal he has zero mandate to...maybe that's democracy, UK style.

Proroguing now to just before October 31 to force the Queen's Speech into a confidence vote.

Funny way of respecting parliamentary sovereignty which was the aim of Brexit non medusala

And during the campaign Leave said no deal was never on the agenda.

What a joke.

At the same time, glad to see Britain fall apart as a political structure.

Boris delivering what Gerry Adams and Nicola Sturgeon couldn't lol.

It was never about sovereignty."Take back our sovereignty" really meant "let's put our (already) sovereign country into the hands of empire-yearning, 'little Englander' xenophobes and fascists". This could well be the end of the United Kingdom.

"We want our sovereign parliament back! Oh wait, not that sovereign parliament!" Must be great to pick and choose how sovereign you want parliament to be. Blokes like Farage, Hannan, Johnson, Owen, Banks are outright liars and fascists. His fanbois like medusala are the same, openly ignorant as this thread will show you, he knows nothing about anything. All his predictions (i listed a few some 50 pages ago) since 2016 turned out to be false.

A Whitehall source said: “This is the biggest parliamentary showdown since the Civil War. It will come down to who is cleverer: Dom and Nikki or John Bercow and Dominic Grieve”

Impressive. Zero point debating it anymore, and send the right message to Brussels.

Tried the other way. Didnt work.

Its time to ignore the exaggerated bullshyt from those who simply want their way, instead of helping to honour the will of the people.

Good Work

A bit of disruption is nothing. The odd strike. Abuse. Usual shyt. Just do it.

Impressive. Zero point debating it anymore, and send the right message to Brussels.

Tried the other way. Didnt work.

Its time to ignore the exaggerated bullshyt from those who simply want their way, instead of helping to honour the will of the people.

Good Work

A bit of disruption is nothing. The odd strike. Abuse. Usual shyt. Just do it.
As an Aussie, why are you so supportive of Brexit? I'm going to enjoy watching England fail as a result of it but as someone who lived there for ten years and still has lots of friends and family there I find it terribly sad.

Consider this thought experiment. Jeremy Corbyn is prime minister, despite never winning a general election. His party lacks a majority, and is dependent on the support of the Scottish National party, support he secured in exchange for bunging them a legal bribe. He wishes to impose a radical proposal which, by any objective measure, will result in a self-inflicted economic shock, damage the country’s social fabric and leave us internationally weakened. Knowing that parliament opposes such a measure, he simply suspends it. Imagine the hysteria, the cries of Venezuela, of communist tyranny. Where Johnson’s assault on democracy is normalised, if a Prime Minister Corbyn attempted it, the forces of the establishment would intervene to thwart it, whatever it took.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back