Alien/UFO Brian Cox - We haven't found aliens yet because they are dead - Humans are next.

Remove this Banner Ad

The mere existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster parody is going to haunt you no matter what.
Not really what I asked.
Why can't I put little kiddy comments on ignore?
Again no disrespect but the children stuff discourages decent feedback from the adult community and it's personally not my thing.
If you don't want to answer just don't,no real point in saying other stuff.

Last edited:
The concept of a deity has been pondered, discussed, believed in, disbelieved in, described, prayed to, sacrificed in the name of, drawn and written about by every major culture in history. Do we know for sure? No. But a lot of human endeavour has gone into trying to work it out.

Could there be a God? Absolutely there could be. Might there not be a God? Absolutely there might not be. IMO definitively ruling a God in or out is as incorrect as each other.

Having said that I am perfectly ok with ruling out the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
And Santa I take it.
What's all that Stuff about in this context?
Why are we even talking about spaghetti stuff? Why can't I just block this stuff?

I still don't get it because people acknowledge Santa is fictional.
Am I missing something here?
Clearly.

Evidence of Santa = 0

Evidence of God = 0

Evidence of the FSM = 0

Millions still believe in God.

I still don't get it because people acknowledge Santa is fictional.
Am I missing something here?

He's arguing that all Gods are fictitious creations of the human imagination, just like Santa Claus is....That they're the product of a wish-fulfillment & a sublimated desire, in the face of an otherwise stark truth & harsh reality: Our existential mortality & nihilistic being.

Just don't inquire as to the source of said imagination & ideas....He won't be capable of proffering a reasonable answer.

He's arguing that all Gods are fictitious creations of the human imagination, just like Santa Claus is....That they're the product of a wish-fulfillment & a sublimated desire, in the face of an otherwise stark truth & harsh reality: Our existential mortality & nihilistic being.

Just don't inquire as to the source of said imagination & ideas....He won't be capable of proffering a reasonable answer.
Religion is a collection of outdated wishy-washy, antiquated hocus pocus, that is dying a slow death.

But I did enquire about a source. Everybody knows Santa is fictional and most know a product of love. He's cool,a harmless fictional happy dude.
Why can't I put these childish comments that ofen get me in trouble on ignore? Why can't I ignore spaghetti talk :mad: it's stupid.
In my opinion obviously.

But science is corrupt and falling to the almighty dollar for funding.
We have problems both ways.
"Science is corrupt". That's a good one.

But I did enquire about a source. Everybody knows Santa is fictional and most know a product of love. He's cool,a harmless fictional happy dude.
Why can't I put these childish comments that ofen get me in trouble on ignore? Why can't I ignore spaghetti talk :mad: it's stupid.
In my opinion obviously.

The Spagh-Bol monster is representative of the metaphysical conundrum that is the human imagination....Science has no answers for it.

I'm saying God is a faith,he has nothing to do with science.
He is 100% what he is. Santa is 100% what he is,the argument is clearly stupid. No one thinks Santa isn't fictional.
People believe in the faith of God. Why are science lovers interfering in areas they do not belong.
Religion has corruption,science has corruption.
Both fields have major holes. Both fields need to concentrate on themselves. Hatred will get our race absolutely nowhere.

Religion is a collection of outdated wishy-washy, antiquated hocus pocus, that is dying a slow death.

All religion emanates from the same source as our dreams....Wishing for it's death is the equivalent to wishing for the annihilation, of the source of human consciousness itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm saying God is a faith,he has nothing to do with science.
He is 100% what he is. Santa is 100% what he is,the argument is clearly stupid. No one thinks Santa isn't fictional.
People believe in the faith of God. Why are science lovers interfering in areas they do not belong.
Religion has corruption,science has corruption.
Both fields have major holes. Both fields need to concentrate on themselves. Hatred will get our race absolutely nowhere.
No, stupidity and ignorance will get us nowhere.

"Myths deserve to be broken apart out of respect for the human intellect".

All religion emanates from the same source as our dreams....Wishing for it's death is the equivalent to wishing for the annihilation, of the source of human consciousness itself.

The world is becoming more religious, as the number of agnostics and others who don't affiliate with a certain religion shrinks as a percentage of the global population.

Numbers for all of the world's major religions, except Buddhism, are expected to rise as the population does the same.

http://www.livescience.com/50370-worlds-religious-population-will-grow.html

You are again mentioning and commenting in ereas we have no passage to discuss as human entities. This is certainly not the correct forum,we have a science forum.
Stupididity and ignorance are phychological matters referring to ego and narcissism,I've mentioned this.
We will only be going anywhere via AI and SI.

Why am I I unable to block comments referring to Santa and spaghetti?

It is Mythos that holds the sacred union of mind/body together.

The destruction of myth engenders the falling apart of humanity.

The Spagh-Bol monster is representative of the metaphysical conundrum that is the human imagination....Science has no answers for it.
Why am I unable to block and ignore these nonscencical spaghetti theories? You try doing it and see how you go. It appears to be a forced option.

Man, I've read some waffle before, but you guys are taking it to a new level.

"We have no passage to discuss as human entities"

"The destruction of myth engenders the falling apart of humanity"

Oh dear.

"Science is corrupt". That's a good one.
-Gravity
-dark matter
-dark energy
-thermodynamics
-redshift
-singularity
-inflation
-deceleration

Then we could take into account the fact humanity is losing total faith in science which in affect is really what matters.
Government or private funding anyone? Those who understand science know exactly where we are at?

-Gravity
-dark matter
-dark energy
-thermodynamics
-redshift
-singularity
-inflation
-deceleration

Then we could take into account the fact humanity is losing total faith in science which in affect is really what matters.
Government or private funding anyone? Those who understand science know exactly where we are at?
As usual, you call things facts that are anything but.

I love it when people point to religion as proof that there is no God
Pretty much one of the first comments I made before Santa spaghetti and science got drawn into the equation.
Human inadequacies are a strong argument to a higher power.

I'm not religious by the way but lol those against it for the reasons we have just witnessed.

As usual, you call things facts that are anything but.
Probably should ask around outside your bubble dude or pay serious attention to the attitudes of your everyday joe.

If people trusted science after all these years we wouldn't even have a climate debate.

"Government funding anyone"
People aren't stupid. Those who understand science know exactly where we are at,we are no longer trusted unfortunately.
You do understand your little anti religious crowd here isn't the entire world?
It's now all about funding,that's why we have 'pop' scientists these days just like music has Bieber.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back