Brisbane Car Fire Deaths

Remove this Banner Ad

This same story nearly happened in 2017 to a different woman, and Queensland Police simply didn't give a s**t back then. This force is riddled with troglodytes from top to bottom, and they can't be trusted to prevent crimes like the guy setting his wife and kids on fire, because clearly they think it's just a bit of a giggle, nothing to see here.

It is a no win situation.

1) government agencies like the cops are embarrassingly hopeless
2) even if they weren't hopeless, they don't have the power to act in most cases
3) family issues are complex and both parties have their own version of the truth. Meaning family courts and supporting agencies take a softly softly approach unless their is extreme circumstances ad evidence

I take the view in the case there is a break up of the family (for any reason), the kids go with the mum 100% of the time for 100% of the time. None of this tumultuous joint custody, living under two roofs and two rules..........unless the mother offers it to the husband.

Stability for kids is more important than the needs of a parent to see their kids.

In the case of neglect of children, then the father has the right to prosecute his case to the courts to overall the mother's custody and gain 100% custody himself.

This policy might also assist DV situations, create the clean break required.

Pauline Hanson trying to normalise this dreadful attack by saying "Men do this".
Utter shite - Pauline, not her comments.
Her comments are what I expect from a moron like Pauline.
Can you imagine her outry if the man was Middle Eastern?
Deport, deport, deport - we're under attack from terrorists.

Stability for kids is more important than the needs of a parent to see their kids.

100% correct, the kids are all that matter. Unfortunately many parents in these situations don't see it that way. 'Kid sharing' can be used to placate someone who might do something bad if he/she is denied access.

A good show in the Senate. The only to oppose were Pauline Hanson and Malcolm Roberts.

Bipartisan support for Bettina Arndt to be stripped of OAM after Hannah Clarke comments

I think men already have enough worries coming forward when they think they have mental health issues.
Linking behaviour like this with men's mental health doesn't help.
Men with mental health problems do not behave like this.
On the flip side men without mental health problems do not light their biological kids on fire then stab themselves to death.

It is a no win situation.

1) government agencies like the cops are embarrassingly hopeless
2) even if they weren't hopeless, they don't have the power to act in most cases
3) family issues are complex and both parties have their own version of the truth. Meaning family courts and supporting agencies take a softly softly approach unless their is extreme circumstances ad evidence

I take the view in the case there is a break up of the family (for any reason), the kids go with the mum 100% of the time for 100% of the time. None of this tumultuous joint custody, living under two roofs and two rules..........unless the mother offers it to the husband.

In the case of neglect of children, then the father has the right to prosecute his case to the courts to overall the mother's custody and gain 100% custody himself.

This policy might also assist DV situations, create the clean break required.

Family matters are too complex to adopt a simple universal rule for 100% access to him/her 100% of the time. Stability is indeed important for kids but not seeing the other parent unless one of them says so places far too much power in the hands of one parent in the middle of a separation.

I lived through this a few years ago and it sucks. Whenever the topic of kids come up in a separation it’s highly emotional and it doesn’t take much to get extremely angry as a result of the fear and anxiety both parties are going through. I would do anything for the kids, and so would she. The hard part is letting go of what you want to try and find a compromise.

What helps kids more than anything else is seeing both parents talk to each other, not scream and argue in front of the kids and both be ‘parents’ despite living under two different roofs.

That said, in my own experience I would have no hesitation spending all my savings and then some, to secure fair access to the kids. As for hurting them to spite the ex ? No way. Not ever. That s**t is mental.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back