Preview Brisbane vs Essendon, Gabba, Sunday 10/06/18 @ 1:10 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatives like development. Non list cloggers, like information to decide careers, make list decisions on.
Delusional.

Ill give you 3 - 1 odds we wont play finals this year. 5-1 to win a final. U pick the amount.
Only 5-1 about winning a final. Would have thought the odds for that would be closer to 20-1.

Name any other team where any of myers, green, dea, baguely, brown are best 22. Gold coast and Carlton excluded. There is no team in my mind where all 5 would get a game at the same time. No team but essendon.
So not 'any other team' then. Cool.

So not 'any other team' then. Cool.

haha. Yeah I wish essendon followed the Carlton and Gold Coast models. I think we are better than a bottom 2 team. Future looks bright haha.

I actually think our list is okay, balance is off but with 3-4 changes we can rise again. We just have too many cloggers, the list is unbalanced and we hang onto players for a year or 2 to long.

The team is better off getting games into our high picks that need the experience.

By all means, select senior players, but do it based on form and proof that they WILL play confident football from leading by example.

We need more output from our senior players. At this point you just expect them to be confident players.

Travel back to 2000, even the younger guys, your caracella's. blumfield's, heffernan's, solomon's, they were ball winners, goal kickers, great precision kickers, great defensive pressure. The senior group back then had natural football confidence, you knew they could take the game on and do it well, because they wanted to and because they enjoyed football..

No excuse. Essendon list needs a rebuild and revision on what they actually want to achieve in any given football game. Not just the season. But out of a game where they actually choose to play four quarters of confident football.

If your team has players that can't be bothered running, can't be bothered going for the contested mark, don't want to be in the contest, don't communicate, then don't play at all. Hire players that want to play football and make sure the coaching and fitness, tactics are at a level to compete with the other teams.

Tired of seeing lazy, fumbly football from a (supposedly) professional football side.

Also, this might seem uncomfortable, but what do these guys do all week?? I assume they train?? why am i even asking this question?

After a few losses a couple of years ago I recall Hardwick saying he was now only going to play those that follow instructions and play the way he wants them to play. If not, your out.

Perhaps this is similar to why Laverde and Stewart are out this week.

The team is better off getting games into our high picks that need the experience.

By all means, select senior players, but do it based on form and proof that they WILL play confident football from leading by example.

We need more output from our senior players. At this point you just expect them to be confident players.

Travel back to 2000, even the younger guys, your caracella's. blumfield's, heffernan's, solomon's, they were ball winners, goal kickers, great precision kickers, great defensive pressure. The senior group back then had natural football confidence, you knew they could take the game on and do it well, because they wanted to and because they enjoyed football..

No excuse. Essendon list needs a rebuild and revision on what they actually want to achieve in any given football game. Not just the season. But out of a game where they actually choose to play four quarters of confident football.

If your team has players that can't be bothered running, can't be bothered going for the contested mark, don't want to be in the contest, don't communicate, then don't play at all. Hire players that want to play football and make sure the coaching and fitness, tactics are at a level to compete with the other teams.

Tired of seeing lazy, fumbly football from a (supposedly) professional football side.

Also, this might seem uncomfortable, but what do these guys do all week?? I assume they train?? why am i even asking this question?
I disagree with the bulk of that. Of course the players are trying. It's a game of percentages. We took it to the tigers second quarter no. If its so easy perhaps you could win us a premiership asap

Seems fans are deluded more then the club. We are not playing finals. We 100% are not winning a final this year. Ill take bets.

We have experience hurley, hooker, heppel, goddard, bellchambers. Not saying play kids only but something is seriously wrong when you are playing 6 mature age list cloggers in the one team over top 10 draft pics. i can wear 2-3 each week to play a role but 5- 6 in the one team against the bottom team.

Name any other team where any of myers, green, dea, baguely, brown are best 22. Gold coast and Carlton excluded. There is no team in my mind where all 5 would get a game at the same time. No team but essendon.

Enjoy Mediocrity!!

So if we play well, get some luck and beat Lions, North(9 day break), Pies, Suns and Dockers(home) yet lose to WC we still cant play finals? North capitulated today and could slide. Pies will be tough but are always a chance if we get some form (ie beat up lions). That would leave us 9-8 and full of momentum. I'm happy to wait one more week for the rebuild. I'm guessing the coach is too. This week is big. Go bombers

I didn't pay close enough attention to the ins and outs. Stewart and Laverde out? Who plays forward? Is Redman being brought in as a forward?
It'll start as:

Walla - Brown - Fantasia
Green - McKernan - Baguley

With Stringer playing minutes there along with a couple of other mids, maybe Smith and Heppell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll go in nice and relaxed as favourites and get caught off guard like they have since 2004.

Our players go in holiday mode when they travel intersate. I'm glad Worsfold this week said we won't be using this as a get away to re group when aksed by a jurnolist I hope he's been on the players case all week.

They'll go in nice and relaxed as favourites and get caught off guard like they have since 2004.

Our players go in holiday mode when they travel intersate. I'm glad Worsfold this week said we won't be using this as a get away to re group when aksed by a jurnolist I hope he's been on the players case all week.

We've won our last 3 games at the Gabba

11 pages of campaigners melting about selection. Entertaining stuff. We get it, jesus *.

You wanna see kids play because kids are so innocent. They haven't had the chance to disappoint you yet so let's completely forget the last time everyone melted hard about, say, Myers, and then he played a game that had people actually apologising for being so negative on him.

But hey, that was almost a month ago so obviously it's lost in the mists of time in this goldfish bowl.

Baguley, a dirty filthy list clogger. Despite you know, playing the footy of his life and being a massive factor in the two wins everyone has already forgotten because it was nearly a fortnight back.

Laverde has done precisely nothing for about 6 weeks in a row but hey,! He's young and muscly! This ******* club, right?

Let's trade Hurley!! AA last year and he always plays s**t after a lay-off but we never remember that, no he's lost his ability and his aggression apparently. ******* spare me.

Heaven forbid the Redman's log on to see the excitement about their boy debuting. Nah tough s**t, one player with 0-3 games isn't enough, our lame wad coach seems to think being just 2 games out of contention isn't a good enough reason to tank and play Fletcher's boys already.

Just play the kids Whoosha!! *sobs*

Newsflash: it's just a few changes that you're all moaning about. 2 different selections and everyone would be gushing. It's embarrassing. Ok, you're not happy. We ******* get it. 11 pages. Move on. Stop boring the absolute living s**t out of me. No wonder I don't come here any more. Jesus h christ you're depressing

Last edited:
Would love to see Hooker forward again - time to reboot that experiment against the Lions.

Brown is a capable defender - hopefully this is why they’ve brought him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back