Recommitted Brodie Grundy [re-signed until 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

That's well and good, but you're crazy if you would take Grundy over someone like Dylan Shiel or Josh Kelly. The game isn't won and lost in the ruck, it's won and lost in the midfield.

Last time I looked, ruck was part of the midfield.

Surely you've noticed the difference Nic Nat and probably even Sandi make to their respective sides? Then look at the likes of Goldy and Gawn. I don't think it's a coincidence of how good Melbourne are starting to looking at the same time that Gawn is finally injury free.

Last time I looked, ruck was part of the midfield.

Surely you've noticed the difference Nic Nat and probably even Sandi make to their respective sides? Then look at the likes of Goldy and Gawn. I don't think it's a coincidence of how good Melbourne are starting to looking at the same time that Gawn is finally injury free.
They're all better ruckmen than Grundy though and 3 of the 4 you mentioned are in a special case of ruckman. Sandi and Gawny are both roughly 210 cms tall and Nic Nats an incredible athlete, that's why Imo they're worth what they are. Grundys yet to dominate a season of footy at the top level.

Caro on 3aw was intimating pies are very into Lever; straight swap for Grundy?

Lever is one of the best emerging KP defenders, and Grundy is one of the best ruckmen in the comp - and Jacobs ain't gonna last forever.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grundy is going No Where

He was big time last night, had 6/7 clearance and just has such a massive presence around the stoppages.
Love the running long goal, will be the number one ruckman in the comp when he comes into he's prime, no way the pies trade him.

Only leaves IF he Requests a Trade Which I am very Confident that he won't

His price is rising. The big offers have to come. He is an incredible young ruck.

Hopefully Pies Re-Sign him ASAP

Has been reported that the club is negotiating long term deals for both Grundy and Cox, with the club confident that both will sign sooner rather than later. I think something would have to go drastically wrong for him to leave.

Bombers are our biggest threat I think - their biggest deficiency is by far a ruckman, with Leuenberger passable at best IMO plus Bellchambers and McKernan really nothing special. They have plenty of picks to throw and I imagine some salary too, providing they dump surplus players like Kelly, Howlett and Stanton.

I can't see him changing to another Vic club.
If he was to leave it would be to go back to SA IMO.
Maybe the go home factor was a reason why he slipped in the draft?
Grundy and Sauce would be a good combo.
(It sounds like someone from a hip take away shop)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He slipped because clubs had become gun shy about picking up rucks early at that point and because he was a bit weird in interviews. Go home factor was never an issue.

Essendon should have gone after Witts. Pick 20 would have been a bargain all things considered. Watching Witts do well at the Suns against Mumford, then watching S.Martin absolute tare McKernan a new one like I've never seen confirmed to me that they were mad not to go after Witts.

Put your money on Grundy for the ANZAC Medal if he's good to go. A very good bet.

Caro on 3aw was intimating pies are very into Lever; straight swap for Grundy?

Lever is one of the best emerging KP defenders, and Grundy is one of the best ruckmen in the comp - and Jacobs ain't gonna last forever.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Grundy is the best young ruckmen in the competition, no way does Lever get close to the deal.

If Grundy went to Adelaide sauce would be in the magoos because neither of them can play forward

Nankervis will be in the same ball park by the end of the year.
Yeah wouldn't have thought so. Nankervis was comprehensively beaten by Grundy last week. The only area he gets credit from that game is for trying very hard against a superior opponent.

Yeah wouldn't have thought so. Nankervis was comprehensively beaten by Grundy last week. The only area he gets credit from that game is for trying very hard against a superior opponent.
372a70c24e8845fab050a7386e03d73b.gif

I'm pretty baffled by all this nankervis love tbh. In round 1 he was crushed by Kreuzer who is only a middle of the road ruck imo and last week he was well beaten by Grundy. Yet we have Richmond supporters carrying on as if he's the next Dean Cox.

Other than random match clips, can anyone explain where all this optimism is coming from. He is acceptable around the ground but is a terrible tap ruck. The sort of player who might cost you a game when he comes up against one of the big boys like NicNat or Goldy imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back