Bulldogs Eyewitness -The Social Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

First time girlfriend, or first time acknowledgement? Or first time acknowledgment of a first time girlfriend?!

Not that I really care, his personal life is his own business. (Hopefully not going down the Emmanuel Macron path though! We need future Bontempellis!)
Where did you get that weird idea?

Marcus Bontempelli gets cosy with mystery brunette​

Marcus Bontempelli has always kept his love life private, but the Bulldogs star has given a glimpse into his life with a mystery brunette.

https://twitter.com/jackieheraldsun

4732617937653894b132c9728d1ba5f8

subscriber-breach-pixel anonymous-breach-pixel registered-breach-pixel
Western Bulldogs captain Marcus Bontempelli appears to have unveiled a girlfriend.

The private star sent footy social media into a frenzy after posting pictures of himself showing open affection towards a pretty brunette.
He wished the striking lady a happy birthday on Monday, writing on an image of her, “happy birthday NTW”, accompanied by an emoji blowing a kiss.
He also put a love heart on a picture of her with a dog and then showed the happy pair in a warm embrace.
1dd0310a944e0770986c3edd962a6636

59d1be0bcb4d2799a1b281cf213282cc

Bontempelli is one of the AFL’s most eligible bachelors and has always kept his love life a secret.
When he was given Bulldogs life membership at the club’s season launch in March this year he hinted that he had found someone special during his acceptance speech.
“My family and my partner, who support you through thick and thin ... it’s so integral and it’s another massive reason why you put yourself through the challenge and it all wouldn’t happen without my family and my partner and all those people close to me,’’ he said.
It’s believed he met his partner in Perth after the grand final last year.
The 26 year-old, who has three sisters, took his mother Geraldine to the Brownlow in 2016.
Back then he said on the red carpet: “It’s a proud moment for me to be invited and it’s great I’m able to bring mum along as a massive thank you for the work that she and dad have put in over the years”.
“I feel like I’m the child today, and he’s the parent bringing me along. I couldn’t be prouder of him,” added Geraldine.

Great he met her in Perth, now we're going to have to deal with a whole lot of rumours about Bont leaving
Or the club is relocating to be the third WA team - Naughton, JJ, English, and now Bont is an honorary West Aussie.

Of course, ignoring the possibility that his new lady friend was over in WA from one of the other states. Or is a foreign national. Or an alien.

Personally, I hope he doesn't give anything else away - no name, no background, no "my Mum loves her" articles in New Idea (is that still going?). When he eventually wins the Brownlow, I hope she attends wearing a ski mask and sunnies.

Keep her under wraps Marcus - the "gossip/trash" columnists pretending to be AFL journalists like Barnett, Karo and Hitchy will go nuts.

That is drawing a long bow young lady! :)

But probably leads to the media conclusion that Bont is Freo bound to reunite with Murph, Boydy, Hamling and his secret best mate Fyfe. I reckon Bont secretly has a few purple numbers in his wardrobe too.

Drawing a long bow

Instagram Love GIF by Camdelafu

DISLIKES

BULLDOG BACKLINE

Two questions came to mind watching forward Mitch Hannan line up as an intercepting defender after three months out with concussion and a couple of quarters in the VFL backline. 1) How badly did the Dogs want to drop Tim O’Brien? 2) Have they moved on from premiership player Zaine Cordy? Footage of Hannan not watching Isaac Heeney at a centre bounce – costing the easiest of goals – was damning, perhaps more so for the coaches than Hannan, given his lack of craft and defensive mindset could’ve been anticipated. What was O’Brien thinking, having crossed as a free agent to play that role? Adam Treloar was also surprisingly deployed in defence as the Dogs conceded 100 points for the third time in four games. The midfield didn’t help on Friday night, and looked slow with Bailey Smith, but the brittle backline is statistically easy to beat one-on-one and easy to transition against. Sydney had 35 scoring shots – eight more than North Melbourne had been giving up on average.
Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge was described as a “broken man” at the post-game press conference.

Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge was described as a “broken man” at the post-game press conference.

HEAT ON BEVO?

The likely changes from last year’s top eight are — IN: Fremantle, Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond; OUT: Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide, GWS and Essendon. Giants coach Leon Cameron is gone while Ken Hinkley (Power) and Ben Rutten (Bombers) have faced scrutiny all season. So where does that leave Bevo and football boss Chris Grant? Unlike those other coaches, Beveridge has a premiership. But while the 2017 freefall was forgiven by supporters who had waited a lifetime for 2016, impatience has returned. The Dogs — 19 points up in the third quarter of last year’s grand final – are an average side who had the makings of an extraordinary list. Luke Hodge described Beveridge as a “broken man” at the post-game press conference where the coach questioned his club’s drop in preparation. Was that a whack at the professionalism of the players? The fitness department? Or is there a disconnect with the coach? Consecutive losses totalling 94 points is the club’s worst two-week patch since 2018. Beveridge said last week the alarm bells weren’t yet ringing. But the language on Friday started to shift to being encouraged by where this team can eventually get to. Sharp improvements from Tim English, Ed Richards and Rhylee West standout as the positives and Sam Darcy might join that conversation this month. After their worst six-and-a-half quarters for the season it is appropriate to start thinking about 2023 because this won’t be their year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤦‍♂️How exactly?
I struggle to understand how anyone can think Bailey Smith is not a tool to be honest. What the bloody hell is he on about Cotton On and Maccas sticking by him. What about the paying members who have to watch him butcher the ball every time he gets near it.

Still has a lot to learn on and off field. Right now he’s struggling in both areas.

And he does seem like a bit of a w***er.

I struggle to understand how anyone can think Bailey Smith is not a tool to be honest. What the bloody hell is he on about Cotton On and Maccas sticking by him. What about the paying members who have to watch him butcher the ball every time he gets near it.

Still has a lot to learn on and off field. Right now he’s struggling in both areas.

And he does seem like a bit of a w***er.
Short memories obviously, he was easily all Australian up until the suspension (which was bullshit) and performing a lot better than more highly rated teammates, won us multiple finals last year and is 21.

Multiple AA U22s, would be just about first mid u22 picked, Walsh aside, To say he’s struggling on field is bullshit of the highest order. But he has sponsors and gets a lot of attention so he’s a w***er 🤷‍♂️

I say this much since the end of our season, we've seen Bont the hostage forced to read out glib platitudes and now 'Brand Smith' where football is a bit of an afterthought to shilling for your sponsors. Offseason going well so far.

Short memories obviously, he was easily all Australian up until the suspension (which was bullshit) and performing a lot better than more highly rated teammates, won us multiple finals last year and is 21.

Multiple AA U22s, would be just about first mid u22 picked, Walsh aside, To say he’s struggling on field is bullshit of the highest order. But he has sponsors and gets a lot of attention so he’s a w***er 🤷‍♂️

He has talent, clearly, and was in good form earlier in the year. He has also stood up in big moments. I’m not saying he’s a terrible player. However his disposal has been nothing short of horrific in the latter stages of the season.

I have no problem with him having sponsors. I have no problem with him getting attention. I just find him to be a bit of a douche. All the topless posing in front of mirrors, it’s just desperately lame behaviour in my opinion.

I agree. Get back in the squat rack, stop talking about your sponsors, go and get a hard ball for once and see if you can hit the side of a barn.

Get off social media and stop looking at yourself in the mirror, campaigner.
Perfectly said.

I'm sure all his teammates cringe when they see stuff like this.

It's ok, we can critique our players sometimes. I want them all to succeed and will support them but Baz's behavior on and off field over the last 18month has been a massive turn off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back