Bundesliga 17/18

Remove this Banner Ad

So is Bayern purposely meant to not do good business? They are doing exactly what all those clubs you listed do, buying the best players they can for as cheap as they can.

Bayern getting top German talent is only a part of the problem of the Bundesliga. As I posted above, if the best players in the league (de bruyne, kolasinac, ozil, ter stegen etc.) don't end up at Bayern, they end up at England or Spain. Either way, big clubs like Schalke and Dortmund aren't doing their job in keeping their best players.
No, Bayern buy the best players in their own league to turn the Bundesliga into a monopoly. Which of the teams I mentioned do that?

No, Bayern buy the best players in their own league to turn the Bundesliga into a monopoly. Which of the teams I mentioned do that?

All those teams buy from their rivals! As do all the big fish in their respective leagues, the difference in the EPL is less stark because there are more big fish, but it's always the same clubs at the top of the table.

Sorry but it shits me that Bayern get lambasted for destroying German football when these other big German clubs are constantly letting their players go for peanuts to clubs that AREN'T Bayern.

All those teams buy from their rivals! As do all the big fish in their respective leagues, the difference in the EPL is less stark because there are more big fish, but it's always the same clubs at the top of the table.

Sorry but it shits me that Bayern get lambasted for destroying German football when these other big German clubs are constantly letting their players go for peanuts to clubs that AREN'T Bayern.
Aside from United signing Sanchez and RvP in the past, when have any of the above clubs mentioned destroyed their closest rivals like Bayern have?

It would be like City signing Pogba and DDG, Chelsea signing Mane and Liverpool signing Kane, and Arsenal signing Tom Heaton.

De Bruyne to Man City for what 55m
Son to us for 22m
Perisic to Inter for 16m
Dembele to Barca for 105m
Draxler to PSG for 40m

Think again friend

Aside from United signing Sanchez and RvP in the past, when have any of the above clubs mentioned destroyed their closest rivals like Bayern have?

It would be like City signing Pogba and DDG, Chelsea signing Mane and Liverpool signing Kane, and Arsenal signing Tom Heaton.

These clubs are the big fish and they farm lower teams for talent all the time. I wasn't saying that they buy from each other, that would be ridiculous. The gulf in wages and chances at trophies between, say, United and Chelsea isn't big enough for most players to get lured away. Not comparable to the Bundesliga, where Bayern's wage bill is about twice that of the next highest club. It's why all the Germans want to play there. If you want to talk about teams harvesting talent from closer BuLi teams, look at Dortmund before you look at Bayern.

And all the Germans want to play there because they always win, which, is a result of Bayern buying any player from a competitor who comes close. How do you not see this lol

The narrative of Bayern destroying the Bundesliga is overstated. I'm not going to bother with this conversation anymore, if you think Bayern is doing something dodgy by acting in the same way that every club does, then so be it.

This is why I said the 50+1 rule will inevitably fall. Bayern is heading for it's 6th straight title, and RB Leipzig will (I strongly believe) rise up to be the next best team in the next few years. Fans will want to see their clubs be stronger and perform better, both in the BuLi and in Europe. Getting rid of 50+1 is the only thing that will allow the smaller clubs to get bigger. There is too much money floating around in football now and the German clubs are missing out.

I understand why people blame Bayern. But I suggest people aware themselves on the mismanagement that is destroying a lot of the German clubs before they draw conclusions about the state of the Bundesliga.

The narrative of Bayern destroying the Bundesliga is overstated. I'm not going to bother with this conversation anymore, if you think Bayern is doing something dodgy by acting in the same way that every club does, then so be it.

I've said previously that Dortmund are just as guilty (probably more) in raiding clubs (Toprak, Sokratis, Reus, Dahoud, Castro, Tolijan) but the fact is Bayern time and time again buy players from teams just as they look ready to challenge.

Announcing Mario Goetze before Dortmund's semi with Real and good bloke Karl telling everyone that Marco Reus has a 27 million euro release clause is just s**t house behaviour.

Surely Bayern should be praised for their great business.

Schalke let Goretzka walk for free when they could have sold him anywhere last year. Same with Kolasinac.

Dortmund let Lewandowski go to Bayern for free, when they could have sold him to Chelsea the year earlier.
IIRC he refused to leave Dortmund because he knew there was a contract waiting for him in Munich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they're doing anything dodgy. I think they are erasing any type of competition that comes their way. It can't be denied. And you wanting to end the conversation shows as much.

You've still not answered how it's similar to City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal. Which of those clubs buy from a direct competitor in their own league?

It's plain as day to see, and whether you don't want to see it because of your rose coloured glasses, or you're in denial, then so be it.

Bayern's wage bill is also twice of the next highest club because they can afford to pay high wages BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS WIN THE BUNDESLIGA.
I notice you conveniently chose to ignore this too. Funny that.

You've still not answered how it's similar to City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal. Which of those clubs buy from a direct competitor in their own league?

It's similar to those clubs because they are the big fish in their league, and they cannibalise the little fish all the time. Just like Bayern does. There is just more than one club doing it in England so you find it less offensive.

I did not say those 6 clubs buy from each other, but you seem to think that this is because these clubs are altruistic and good-hearted and want a competitive league or something? Still, in the rare instances when they get a chance to buy from each other, they do so.

I notice you conveniently chose to ignore this too. Funny that.

It was the only one of your posts that didn't get likes, even your supporters know it was nonsense. There are many reasons why German clubs haven't been able to flourish with the growth of football.

It's similar to those clubs because they are the big fish in their league, and they cannibalise the little fish all the time. Just like Bayern does. There is just more than one club doing it in England so you find it less offensive.

I did not say those 6 clubs buy from each other, but you seem to think that this is because these clubs are altruistic and good-hearted and want a competitive league or something? Still, in the rare instances when they get a chance to buy from each other, they do so.

It was the only one of your posts that didn't get likes, even your supporters know it was nonsense. There are many reasons why German clubs haven't been able to flourish with the growth of football.

Well which one is it? More holes than Swiss cheese here mate.

Bayern tear apart any competitor that comes close, that does not happen in England like you're saying it does. Not in the slightest.

Well which one is it? More holes than Swiss cheese here mate.

Bayern tear apart any competitor that comes close, that does not happen in England like you're saying it does. Not in the slightest.

Why are you so desperate to continue this conversation when you keep ignoring what I'm saying? You are so concerned with winning an argument that your reading comprehension has failed you. This doesn't surprise me, as most EPL fans on this sub-forum are delusional about their league, but I am surprised that you are so keen to run around in circles talking about a league that you don't care about.

BUNDESLIGA MATCHDAY 19
(all times in Australian Western Standard Time, +1.5hours NT/+2.5 hours SA/+2 hours Qld/+3 hours Vic, NSW, Tas)

Eintracht Frankfurt - Borussia Mönchengladbach (27/1 3:30am)

Borussia Dortmund - Sport-Club Freiburg (27/1 10:30pm)

RB Leipzig - Hamburger SV (27/1 10:30pm)

1. FC Köln - FC Augsburg (27/1 10:30pm)

FC Bayern München - TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (27/1 10:30pm)

VfB Stuttgart - FC Schalke 04 (27/1 10:30pm)

SV Werder Bremen - Hertha BSC (28/1 1:30am)

Bayer 04 Leverkusen - 1. FSV Mainz 05 (28/1 10:30pm)

Hannover 96 - VfL Wolfsburg (29/1 1:00am)

There are many reasons why German clubs haven't been able to flourish with the growth of football.

Look the major reason Bayern have been able to flourish where the other clubs haven't is where they sold 24.99% (8.33% each) of their shares to Allianz, Audi and Adidas for a combined 275 million euros between 2002 and 2014. Doesn't breach 50+1 and has enabled them to invest in youth development and pay off their Stadium debt (the Allianz share sale helped with this), locked in their relationship with Adidas to ensure they will always get the most money for their shirt deal in the Bundesliga and enabled them to lock in a large transfer pot.

Success meant they only had the Stadium debt to worry about, while the other clubs such as Dortmund, Stuttgart, Wolfsberg, Werder and Schalke had debts, post 2006 World Cup stadium redevelopments and mismanagement that Bayern took advantage of. So sure there are many reasons the other teams don't maintain there challenge but don't think for a second that successfully working the 50+1 rule to their benefit hasn't in the long run had a benefit.

No it wouldn't because if City doesn't sign Pogba or DDG they end up at Chelsea instead. If players are not transferred to Bayern they leave Bundesliga which makes a) the top end talent of the league weaker b) other european teams stronger c) bayern weaker - so why would Bayern not sign them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back