Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Reckon we can get back to the topic at hand, without the dick measuring troll crap.

Has CCJ officially requested a trade? Link? (so I can update the thread title if needed)

What is CCJ worth and how do North make it happen?

Hasn't officially requested but Jack Riewoldt has acknowledged he's gone.

I reckon he's worth somewhere between 20 and 38.

Reckon we can get back to the topic at hand, without the dick measuring troll crap.

Has CCJ officially requested a trade? Link? (so I can update the thread title if needed)

What is CCJ worth and how do North make it happen?
CCJ is worth pick 15ish contracted.
as hes uncontracted and with the PSD threat i reckon pick 38 or a future third gets it done.

Hasn't officially requested but Jack Riewoldt has acknowledged he's gone.

I reckon he's worth somewhere between 20 and 38.
thats fair. difficulty is that north dont have a pick in that range, and anything past pick 28 (our 4th) is unlikely to have immediate value to richmond given we wont likely have list spots to draft more than 4 players.

i still reckon the deal that would keep both parties happy might involve a third club (like the dogs) who needs to trade down to gain pick points. 38 could go to that club instead, along with some of our 3rd rounders, with their 1st coming back. that way everyones happy. north get ccj, a club (like the dogs) gets the draft points needed for the bids, and richmond get perhaps a 3rd top 20 pick for ccj and some picks the club wasnt going to use anyway.

and for any north fans who are going to sook about how north dont have to make richmond happy, grow up. three way deals of that nature happen every year, you're not special. the very fact that we are talking about a trade means yes, you do need to make richmond happy to some level. luckily the people running the clubs are a bit more mature and if a third club needs to be involved to grease the wheels and make it a trade everyone is happy with then they will.

thats fair. difficulty is that north dont have a pick in that range, and anything past pick 28 (our 4th) is unlikely to have immediate value to richmond given we wont likely have list spots to draft more than 4 players.

i still reckon the deal that would keep both parties happy might involve a third club (like the dogs) who needs to trade down to gain pick points. 38 could go to that club instead, along with some of our 3rd rounders, with their 1st coming back. that way everyones happy. north get ccj, a club (like the dogs) gets the draft points needed for the bids, and richmond get perhaps a 3rd top 20 pick for ccj and some picks the club wasnt going to use anyway.

and for any north fans who are going to sook about how north dont have to make richmond happy, grow up. three way deals of that nature happen every year, you're not special. the very fact that we are talking about a trade means yes, you do need to make richmond happy to some level. luckily the people running the clubs are a bit more mature and if a third club needs to be involved to grease the wheels and make it a trade everyone is happy with then they will.

Yeah I've said on your board that I can easily see a situation where North get involved in other deals to find you the pick that makes it happen.

We've clearly put time and effort into getting him over, we're not going to risk that by playing funny buggers.

And Rawlings has been at this game for a while now and has a good rep for reason.

We're a club that understands building success means being a frequent player in the market and do that, you need to be considered a fair and reasonable market particpant.

We let Higgo go when he wanted by saying find us a club that will give us a good deal and you can go. We didn't stuff Brown around after we'd decided we didn't want to extend him - many say we took unders but we got the deal done.

I would value CCJ at about 28-30ish.

I also think our future second could get it done.

Yeah I've said on your board that I can easily see a situation where North get involved in other deals to find you the pick that makes it happen.

We've clearly put time and effort into getting him over, we're not going to risk that by playing funny buggers.

And Rawlings has been at this game for a while now and has a good rep for reason.

We're a club that understands building success means being a frequent player in the market and do that, you need to be considered a fair and reasonable market particpant.

We let Higgo go when he wanted by saying find us a club that will give us a good deal and you can go. We didn't stuff Brown around after we'd decided we didn't want to extend him - many say we took unders but we got the deal done.

I would value CCJ at about 28-30ish.

I also think our future second could get it done.
Richmond would jump at NM 2022 2nd rounder. That’s an early 20’s pick. No way will NM offer that. Richmond unlikely interested in 2021 picks, so will look for a 2022 pick, IMO.

NM don’t need to offer anything more than a 2022 4th rounder or 3rd rounder if feeling generous That’s a mid/late 50’s pick or late 30’s pick, if generous.

You don’t get the number one PSD draft often, unless you’re carlton, so NM should make the most of it.

The major reason he left according to Jack was opportunity.
So maybe it is rocket science.
Haha
What else is he going to say?
“Yeah look we don’t think he’s worth much money and we wouldn’t commit to him long term as we are not sure he has it?”

even still. If they wanted to keep him they offer him money and years and they play him.
Pretty simple. They clearly don’t rate him as much as north and that’s ok.

Haha
What else is he going to say?
“Yeah look we don’t think he’s worth much money and we wouldn’t commit to him long term as we are not sure he has it?”

even still. If they wanted to keep him they offer him money and years and they play him.
Pretty simple. They clearly don’t rate him as much as north and that’s ok.

Riewoldt could have said that you are skint from backended deals and simply couldn’t have afforded either of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taz is unrestricted, wont get anything for him if he leaves (besides compo) That being said i hope you keep him, 2 year deal to a 32 year old when we can get a 30 year old on the cheap who is decent in key back
Tell you what. Pay him Dusty money, we get pick 2 as compensation, then we'll give you guys pick 20 for CCJ. Win, win, win.

Taz is unrestricted, wont get anything for him if he leaves (besides compo) That being said i hope you keep him, 2 year deal to a 32 year old when we can get a 30 year old on the cheap who is decent in key back
Might still get something. Hawks got Band 5 for a 31yo Isaac Smith last year. Just depends on his new contract and where it fits in

Straight swap CCJ for Taz. Protects compo win/win for all players and clubs.

Taz has given plenty to North, no one could begrudge him a chance if he wanted to look elsewhere coming to the end.
I can appreciate North having the upper hand with the PSD and even the fact Richmond would want to try and protect potential Chol compo but there’s no way the club would do a straight swap of CCJ for Tarrant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back