Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Couldn’t agree more.

I find it quite amusing that people think that footballers somehow have some moral obligation to make sure a club they are leaving is looked after.

Maybe those same people should offer to pay the recruitment costs to the company they leave for their next job opportunity? You after all want to make sure your ex employer is adequately compensated LOL!

Ben Simmons likes this

He can quite easily tell North he won't come to them via the PSD. He has a choice. Would make them more inclined to get a deal done.

This is true, it also may make us look elsewhere. Nobody has married each other yet. I feel that's then a situation where Richmond wins, North probably even stevens if they turn to say a Ladhams type to replace Goldstein and CCJ can force his way into the seniors via the VFL for a season.

Generally players don't try shutting down a billion dollar industry by looking at **** and getting Turkish food. I assume this is more the reason why the tigers unimpressed

I doubt it, you were happy to keep him and let him play because you saw the prospect in him.

This really seems a simple case of a jilted lover getting offended after rejection.

It's all a mystery when it comes to FA compo. The deal can be identical to a previous one and the compo still differs.
There are things that are unclear for sure.
but were a compo pick falls is not one of them.
1632203113436.png
from
As far as how much tarrant is being paid thats all speculation.
if he gets us a pick it would be pick 39.
I cant see it being band 4
which would be pick 37.

Couldn’t agree more.

I find it quite amusing that people think that footballers somehow have some moral obligation to make sure a club they are leaving is looked after.

Maybe those same people should offer to pay the recruitment costs to the company they leave for their next job opportunity? You after all want to make sure your ex employer is adequately compensated LOL!
You're generalising. This is a unique situation

If I worked for a company and made a mistake that cost that company a lot of money, and they chose to back me and not sack me, I could not then walk out on that company a year later without them being able to adequately replace me. It would be a really shitty thing to do.

A lot being taken out of an article that references neither a source from Richmond nor one from North.

Rival list managers? Give me a spell.

Starting with saying Richmond will play hardball and ending with Richmond may have to play nice. It's like it's written by a bot.
Playing hardball in this case is turning up to a shootout with water pistol.

They key to any negotiation is leverage and I am still trying to figure out what leverage Richmond might think they possess to start playing hardball?

Unless playing hardball means they are prepared to take nothing for some moralistic stance?

Would have played in a flag according to Ralph and Carro if not for kebabgate.

He was about to be picked.
That's true. We almost played Miller (who was a yet to debut key defender) in that second ruck role we were so desperate for someone. We tried Chol and he couldn't provide the right intensity for finals, so we experimented with Balta and Astbury. CJ would have 100% played if he was available. Not all, but a fair bit of his "lack of opportunity" in the last two years was self inflicted.

Then again, respectfully, chances are you have nfi about Richmond.

It's nothing to do with Richmond. He's just not very good. To be claiming he's keeping out good young players is a bit bizarre.

We aren't talking about a Luke Jackson type here. He's the type of guy that could be out of the league in 2-3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can quite easily tell North he won't come to them via the PSD. He has a choice. Would make them more inclined to get a deal done.
Why would he though? Do you think he would genuinely risk leaving over $1mil on the table just so Richmond can get compensated for him leaving?

You're generalising. This is a unique situation

If I worked for a company and made a mistake that cost that company a lot of money, and they chose to back me and not sack me, I could not then walk out on that company a year later without them being able to adequately replace me. It would be a really shitty thing to do.
You need to get over it. The kid made a mistake and was punished.

It doesn’t make him a slave to the Richmond Football Club for the rest of his life.

Take the emotion out of it and accept this is purely transactional. As I said some years you win some and other you lose, it’s the nature of the setup. Believe me you will feel a lot better than getting wound up about a footy player leaving your club.

Ridiculous expectations on a former player lol. It is not his problem to get a deal done, that's up to the teams
Its also up to the player and their manager. For example, Cerra's manager probably won't recommend that he goes to the Dees even though they're a more appealing team than Carlton right now because they'd struggle to get a deal done.

It's nothing to do with Richmond. He's just not very good and to be claiming he's keeping out good young players is a bit bizarre.

We aren't talking about a Luke Jackson type here. He's the type of guy that could be out of the league in 2-3 years.

You think you blokes are getting a Jackson type? Lol.

Anyway I can assure you Soldo was ahead of ccj prior to the Hawkins incident.

Feel free to rewatch tigers afl/vfl if you don't agree.

Ccj is a very talented lad but a bit of a donkey at times

Why would he though? Do you think he would genuinely risk leaving over $1mil on the table just so Richmond can get compensated for him leaving?
If his manager was smart that's exactly what they'd be telling North. If the player says "I don't want to come via PSD" (even if it's not true), then the club will be much more motivated to get a deal done smoothly.

You need to get over it. The kid made a mistake and was punished.

It doesn’t make him a slave to the Richmond Football Club for the rest of his life.

Take the emotion out of it and accept this is purely transactional. As I said some years you win some and other you lose, it’s the nature of the setup. Believe me you will feel a lot better than getting wound up about a footy player leaving your club.

It wasn't a regular mistake.

It's not every day you almost kill a billion dollar industry during pandemic.

Fwiw I thought it was funny

Its also up to the player and their manager. For example, Cerra's manager probably won't recommend that he goes to the Dees even though they're a more appealing team than Carlton right now because they'd struggle to get a deal done.

Because it's in Cerra's best interest. CCJ will get to North on the contract he agreed to no matter what

Maybe Richmond have agreed to take Tarrant as a free agent, rather than a trade so Roos can get Pick 39 as compensation, and have agreed to swap 20 and 28, so North would get CCJ, 28 & 39 effectively, Richmond get an upgrade on 28 to 20, but forgo the Chol compo by bringing Tarrant in as a FA. North may well be able to trade back 28 & 39 for a pick close to 20 anyway.

This deal will probably end up where neither set of supporters are happy with the deal given the circumstances which will probably make it fair.

So what does that have to do with this situation?

Everyone knows one way or another he gets to North, wether it’s via a Trade or PSD, the simple equation is, it gets done.

How it gets done is up to the clubs. But unless the player has a change of heart, there is literally nothing Richmond can do in this scenario to stop it.

It wasn't a regular mistake.

It's not every day you almost kill a billion dollar industry during pandemic.

Fwiw I thought it was funny
Comon.

Do you really think any Government is going to kill off a billion dollar industry over the transgression of an individual? LOL

Your hanging on too tight...... let it go.

I am fine with Tarrant leaving. I am not happy about it, but understand that’s the game. So good luck to him, he’s just another opposition player to hate now LOL

You think you blokes are getting a Jackson type? Lol.

Anyway I can assure you Soldo was ahead of ccj prior to the Hawkins incident.

Feel free to rewatch tigers afl/vfl if you don't agree.

Ccj is a very talented lad but a bit of a donkey at times

No, read what I said.

I said Soldo wasn't a Jackson type.

He's a pretty run of the mill 25 year old ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back