Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

A 5 year deal is too long for just depth, your list management team must see him as a medium-long term Key Forward or (more likely) Ruck.

5 year deals for 22 year olds are for players you are building a club around

Will he actually get a much of a game at North?

Surely he is behind Comben, and possibly Edwards by the end of the next year. Or are we revisiting Dean Laidley's highly successful 'land of the giants' forward line?

He'd play fwd surely, maybe 5mins a qtr in the ruck. Reckon its a good fit with Larkey, Zurhaar and co. and the age group means they will be hitting prime age all at the same time.

You know very well that linking what a team is prepared to offer in a trade to what they are offering the player in a contract is lazy

Well the contract offer is a reflection of their worth is it not?

Given the clubs support during kebab-gate and keeping him on the list/backing him in, I have no doubt Callum would remain open-minded about a trade to the Gold Coast if something fair isn't struck with North. Highly doubt he'd walk to the PSD.
As an observer it feels like the psd is a thing again. For some reason it feels like the bottom clubs are more comfortable to use it. Only a small sample but I was surprised at the lack of outcry from the industry over Hately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t work like that.
I mean it kinda does though. The players that net the most are the ones who generally sign the big deals. Talls especially hold value
All about leverage. PSD threat looms = leverage.

pick 38 is unders but not crazy unders.

Zac Jones got same $$ and contract and was traded for pick 35
Until I see the pre season draft angle used I see it as a non factor due to how little it’s used. We will see pick 20 will be included somehow with Richmond probably doing a sweeter somewhere if required. Clubs are fairly honest these days

OK - im no expert on North but Xerri looks ok whenever I watch.
His ceiling is Shane Mumford - a bit of an enforcer who is aggressive. Isn't particularly skillful and hasn't shown any forward nous at AFL level. Whether he can match what Mumford can do as a ruckman remains to be seen

Haha righto

Offer a 5 year contract to a bloke you don’t think is worth much in a trade.

Righto champ
If anything it'll definitely weaken CCJ's desire to see Richmond fairly compensated.

He has a million more on the table now.

Rawlings probably rang CCJ and said "are you happy if we use the PSD as a bargaining chip to get you on the cheap?"

And CCJ responded with "* em" and went back to enjoying his Dom Pérignon bubble bath

If anything it'll definitely weaken CCJ's desire to see Richmond fairly compensated.

Rawlings probably rang CCJ and said "are you happy if we use the PSD as a bargaining chip to get you on the cheap?"

And CCJ responded with "fu** em" and went back to enjoying his Dom Pérignon bubble bath
Wat

And CCJ responded with "fu** em" and went back to enjoying his Dom Pérignon bubble bath

Certainly makes changing his mind
Impossible haha

I'd personally value him about pick 30. Tigers probs going to get shafted per the Hately shenanigans.

5 years seems absolutely ridiculous personally but I imagine North are frontloading the hell out of this deal with how much capspace they'd have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back