Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

I sort of feel players owe clubs if a direct result of what they’ve done has cost the club $100k fine and cost somebody their job. Instead of sacking the players on the spot like many were calling for they instead back the 2 players in. One of those players, the one from an underprivileged background decides to repay the club and signs a one year incentivised contract and earn back the trust of the club, the other decides to piss in the face of the club and leave for a long term contract somewhere else. Think it shows a bit about the character of the kid.

Hold up. This is being heavily exaggerated, not strictly just by you. The boys were responsible for a 75k fine, 25k was triggered because Mrs Cotchin needed me time. One of those players, the one that earned "back the trust of the club", spent time in the clink in January for making the same mistake again. Both players were going to pay the fine until the AFLPA stepped in and said it was the responsibility of the club (which it really is, they were in a club run hub). And that's not to mention the narrative that somebody lost a job over it, I can't see that proven anywhere any further than talk at the time it may have that effect on the 2021 soft cap with nothing to say it did. If there has been an article this year showing how staff member x had to be let go because of a fine in the soft cap then I'd happily renege on that point.

Kid's been run over the coals the last couple of days for getting 37.5k for a kebab and wanting to prioritise his career. No player owes a club in these situations.

He should of taken the 2 year deal at Richmond with a view to get a bigger contract after that.
He would have been playing finals and possibly winning a flag which is also motivation to sign on at Richmond.
Neil Balme is a reasonable man and he's very dissapointed with CCJ.

Hard to play finals - let alone win a flag from 12th.

Hold up. This is being heavily exaggerated, not strictly just by you. The boys were responsible for a 75k fine, 25k was triggered because Mrs Cotchin needed me time. One of those players, the one that earned "back the trust of the club", spent time in the clink in January for making the same mistake again. Both players were going to pay the fine until the AFLPA stepped in and said it was the responsibility of the club (which it really is, they were in a club run hub). And that's not to mention the narrative that somebody lost a job over it, I can't see that proven anywhere any further than talk at the time it may have that effect on the 2021 soft cap with nothing to say it did. If there has been an article this year showing how staff member x had to be let go because of a fine in the soft cap then I'd happily renege on that point.

Kid's been run over the coals the last couple of days for getting 37.5k for a kebab and wanting to prioritise his career. No player owes a club in these situations.
Agree with most of this with the exception of their incident being the clubs fault because they were in a club run hub. Their adults. Shouldn’t need to be locked in like a prison.

I think Leppa mentioned that he brought his departure forward to ensure someone else didn’t have to be sacked first so it did have some impact

Reading the last few pages is like a prfect descent in madness on paper as north fans start out agreeing that 38 is unders and talking about how Richmond can get some better value while north keeps pick 20, then devolving into 'lol psd bitches lol Richmond teh sux lol' flogs

All I'm reading from Richmond supporters is that you want to trade him on his potential value in a few years, not now. That makes no sense.

The schoolyard level of discussion that he owes his life to Richmond to the point he should be irresponsible with his job security makes no sense either.

'Just because' isn't a valid starting point for a pick for a likely unwanted player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with most of this with the exception of their incident being the clubs fault because they were in a club run hub. Their adults. Shouldn’t need to be locked in like a prison.

Happy to concede that.

All I'm reading from Richmond supporters is that you want to trade him on his potential value in a few years, not now. That makes no sense.

The schoolyard level of discussion that he owes his life to Richmond to the point he should be irresponsible with his job security makes no sense either.

'Just because' isn't a valid starting point for a pick for a likely unwanted player.
Lol, the descent into madness continues. If must be nice living in a fairytale land where you get to create your own reality.

All suggestions by the club and most supporters are that we want him to stay.

But I'm assuming you must be dirty on your club for offering 4-5 years on 4-500k to a 22 year old who isn't worth a pick in a trade. Seems to be a pretty poor recruitment decision.

Lol, the descent into madness continues. If must be nice living in a fairytale land where you get to create your own reality.

But I'm assuming you must be dirty on your club for offering 4-5 years on 4-500k to a 22 year old who isn't worth a pick in a trade. Seems to be a pretty poor recruitment decision.

North skulduggery, pure and simple, just trying to be relevant and creating a separate narrative from reality

We only got pick 35 from Saints for Zac Jones who went on a very similar deal.....

Haha why you so mad, tho?

We only got pick 35 from Saints for Zac Jones who went on a very similar deal.....
Well thats more than what north supporters are offering for the most part.

I'd be fine with 38 if we get a third party involved so that we make whatever upgrade as part of the same deal. The club doesn't want to get a pick it cant use under the pretence it can just trade it up only to be stuck with it because no other club comes to the party.

North finally land their big fish. He will be missed by our VFL side.

This is exactly the type of commentary that cements the view that Pick 38 is not only a fair deal, it's overs.

Can't have it both ways Tiger fans.

OOC, VFL Player, 9 AFL games in 4 years.

You should be very grateful to get Pick 38.

I sort of feel players owe clubs if a direct result of what they’ve done has cost the club $100k fine and cost somebody their job. Instead of sacking the players on the spot like many were calling for they instead back the 2 players in. One of those players, the one from an underprivileged background decides to repay the club and signs a one year incentivised contract and earn back the trust of the club, the other decides to piss in the face of the club and leave for a long term contract somewhere else. Think it shows a bit about the character of the kid.
Really?

RFC obviously didn't rate him. Otherwise they would be offering him a longer/better paid contract.

Name another industry where you would be able to apply pressure to another party once the contract has expired. Not a single one. In fact, there are laws against coercion and the like.

Caro is just being the spiteful old cow she has always been since the days of Keith Greig.

Well thats more than what north supporters are offering for the most part.

I'd be fine with 38 if we get a third party involved so that we make whatever upgrade as part of the same deal. The club doesn't want to get a pick it cant use under the pretence it can just trade it up only to be stuck with it because no other club comes to the party.

It isn't Norfs responsibility what you do with the pick you get.

Why isn't 38 fair? would you prefer that over nothing?

Do you value him at pick 20? Which leads me to asking the question again, if you value him at pick 20, or at least better than pick 38, why aren't you offering him a better contract to stay?

I have gone through the past few drafts, still plenty of good players taken in and around that range

Remove this Banner Ad

Back