Cameron Ling doesn't rate Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Didn't make his top 10 midfielders since 2000. Is he right?

In that time he was three time premiership captain, 3 time best and fairest, 3 time All-Australian, 2 time league MVP and 4 time AFLPA best captain.

I think I might be biased but I felt Vossy was in his prime during that time. Ling seems to feel he peaked prior to that.

Am I ******ed or is he?
He had Simon Black in the top 10.
If you see the top ten, there is no pun expected.
The 10 players picked are all better than Michael Voss.

If you were compiling this sort of a list 5 players pick themselves in Ablett, Buckley, Hird, Judd & Voss. Then you could pick any other 5 of Black, Cousins, Hayes, Mitchell, Pendlebury, Ricciuto, Selwood or Swan and not look a complete plum. Well done Lingy
Buckley doesn't belong in that group of 5.

If i'm not mistaken Lings list was for midfielders, now as good as Voss was he averaged less than 20 disposals a game, if fact stats wise Buckley shits all over Voss in every single department, tackles-disposals-goals-clearences, Buckley was also a vastly better disposer of the ball, it's amazing what a few flags can do to a players reputation.

Meh. Voss was already a Brownlow medalist, 3 time club champion and two time All Australian before leading his side to those flags and winning back-to-back MVP's. As for Buckley and his stats, it's no different to the 2002 GF. Better stats on the day does not equal better player. Welcome to footy!

Meh. Voss was already a Brownlow medalist, 3 time club champion and two time All Australian before leading his side to those flags and winning back-to-back MVP's. As for Buckley and his stats, it's no different to the 2002 GF. Better stats on the day does not equal better player. Welcome to footy!
Rubbish, Voss played in arguably the best midfield ever assembled, Buckley didn't, Buckley was tagged in pretty much every game he played, Voss wasn't, yet Buckley shits on Voss stats wise and was more damaging by foot.

As for who was the better captain, Buckley lead a team of misfits without one AA player to within a whisker of beating the Lions super side, Voss had AA players on every line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish, Voss played in arguably the best midfield ever assembled, Buckley didn't, Buckley was tagged in pretty much every game he played, Voss wasn't, yet Buckley shits on Voss stats wise and was more damaging by foot.

Yeah nah. Voss won a Brownlow and All Australians with a shithouse Brisbane Bears team. But I don't give a hoot about stats; stats say Buckley was better in the 2002 GF. And you know what? The stats are wrong.

Arguing Buckley was a better player than Voss is at least reasonable; a better captain though? Delusional.

Yeah nah. Voss won a Brownlow and All Australians with a shithouse Brisbane Bears team. But I don't give a hoot about stats; stats say Buckley was better in the 2002 GF. And you know what? The stats are wrong.

Arguing Buckley was a better player than Voss is at least reasonable; a better captain though? Delusional.
The 2002 GF where Buckley won the Norm Smith? If you think Voss was better i suggest you watch the game again mate, this time with your eyes open, Buckley was superb!

The 2002 GF where Buckley won the Norm Smith?

Yes that's the one. The Norm Smith victory that forever changed the voting procedure due to it exposing serious flaws in a system that saw Bucks win the medal in a game where he wasn't the best player over 4 quarters.

Never said Buckley wasn't superb. Just said Voss was better. And he deadset was.

Yes that's the one. The Norm Smith victory that forever changed the voting procedure due to the stark revelation of the flaws that saw Bucks win the medal in a game where he wasn't the best player over 4 quarters.

Never said Buckley wasn't superb. Just said Voss was better. And he deadset was.
Agree to disagree, Buckley carried the team on his back that day (as he did throughout his career), stop Buckley and you stopped Collingwood, as for Voss, i actually don't even think he was the best mid in his own team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back