Roast Can anybody explain what benefits Danyle Pearce brings to the team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep there was a fair few players who fumbled a lot especially during that horrid third quarter, but they were not Pearce or Ibbo (who perhaps had the best game of his career).

Danyle has one semi-decent game for the year, in which he still shirks a few contests, and some people are happy about that?

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Danyle Pearce well done on another good year. You earned a well deserved contract extension too.

Most disposals per game (at 21.7) for your career. All while going at your best disposal efficiency (71.3%). An average of 458 metres gained, once again leaves you in the upper echelons of the league (top 10). You increased your R50s without sacrificing you I50s, showing the amount of work you do to link up. Your turnovers were down on 2015 too at 4.8 per game.

I expect there will be another top 10 Doig finish coming up. Congratulations.

Danyle Pearce well done on another good year. You earned a well deserved contract extension too.

Most disposals per game (at 21.7) for your career. All while going at your best disposal efficiency (71.3%). An average of 458 metres gained, once again leaves you in the upper echelons of the league (top 10). You increased your R50s without sacrificing you I50s, showing the amount of work you do to link up. Your turnovers were down on 2015 too at 4.8 per game.

I expect there will be another top 10 Doig finish coming up. Congratulations.
article-0-18D0FFED00000578-773_634x420.jpg

So Tex Walker with 6.2% effective kicks inside 50 led the AFL this year. I know some will say Danyle was narrowly robbed with his 6.1% ;) Sorry misread it, Tex' had 66.2%, my mistake.

Danyle just piss me off , as a senior he cannot play like a 18-20 year old, 5 good game in a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the vitriol for D Pearce spill forth is always entertaining. Particularly as to me lots of the criticism seems ... less than steller. What surprises me is that players like Suban, DeBoer, Spurr Sutcliff, Sherridan, Barlow, regularly have worse games than D Pearce by almost any opbjective measure you name. And there is not nearly a 1/10 of the hate mail.
D Pearce is far from perfect but I would expect him to go top 10 in the Doig. He is picked every week and whilst he earns a bake every now and then he has never been dropped to the seconds. In a year when everyone who is close to poor has been dropped, i can only reason that the powers that be, 100% disagree that he is carp.
However people spin it he has an extra 2 years. He will not be dropped for games next year. He won't be traded. The DP is here to stay loath him or hate him.

Dp is a scapegoat. Nothing more nothing less. Imagine the hate mail mayne would get if he did not have dp to protect him
I afraid you are right , somebody need to be a scapegoat , just happen to be DP with mayne gone.

Another year or two of indiscriminate bombing into the forward 50 in the hope one of our forwards will fend off three defenders and create a miracle goal, but more often and not for the good teams to send the ball right back out and up the other end on a rebound. Whoopee. Can't wait. Give him the Doig.

Another year or two of indiscriminate bombing into the forward 50 in the hope one of our forwards will fend off three defenders and create a miracle goal, but more often and not for the good teams to send the ball right back out and up the other end on a rebound. Whoopee. Can't wait. Give him the Doig.

You see, there's the problem. That is a rarity with Danyle.
He often kicks long into F50 to the boundary for a stoppage, Or long to a contest in F50. But mostly long.
These long I50 kicks are obviously an instruction.
Your comment " hope one of our forwards will fend off three defenders and create a miracle goal ". Is just emotion charged garbage , used for dramatic effect.
Since when has that been Danyle's fault that one of our forwards finds himself outnumbered three to one.
What would you suggest Danyle do in such situations ? Just stop and hold the ball until he is tackled ?
The fact we always have an outnumbered forward line isn't Danyle's responsibility. That is the ******* coach's doing. Plus I cannot recall one of our forwards being one on three. Perhaps you might cite the game and player for all of our benefit.
What I have seen Danyle do when we have been one on two is kick long to a vacant pocket or the boundary line; again I am sure that is his brief from the coach.
I absolutely hate the fact that Ross insists on playing a five man forward line and I bet Danyle would rather see plenty of options ahead of him too, like there was against the Bulldogs on Sunday.
Coincidentally, it was one of Danyle's better games.
Who would have thought that by having a six man forward line would make it easier for players to deliver inside fifty more effectively, including Darcy Tucker.
Two direct beneficiaries of a well structured forward line, included the bloke that heads the league for I50's and your vitriol target and a young up and comer in Darcy Tucker, our next generation of winger.
How about thinking about what impact it would have on Darcy Tucker's delivery continually coming into an undermanned forward line.
Hell maybe the coach would tell him to do the same as Danyle Pearce. Then you would have someone else to spew your exaggerated s**t on.

Last edited:
Just got to wait patiently for another two year :oops:

You see, there's the problem. That is a rarity with Danyle.
B*llsh*t. Hence the long threads and arguments around this issue.
He often kicks long into F50 to the boundary for a stoppage, Or long to a contest in F50. But mostly long.
Yes. This is obviously the issue. Thank you for pointing it out. You missed "long and high" though.
These long I50 kicks are obviously an instruction.
And yet our other winger in Hill rarely does it, instead choosing to hit up a lead
Your comment " hope one of our forwards will fend off three defenders and create a miracle goal ". Is just emotion charged garbage , used for dramatic effect.
How many of Walter's and Ballas goals this year have been lead, mark, kick in a preferred position? Usually they involve kicking off the side of a boot or some other twist and turn. Walters got 4 'miracle' goals in one game. Would seem fairly low% compared to lead, mark, kick in a preferred position like someone like Bruest gets.
Since when has that been Danyle's fault that one of our forwards finds himself outnumbered three to one.
When he long bombs high to a pack, again, and again, instead of picking out a leading forward that even Weller could do easily on Sunday.
What would you suggest Danyle do in such situations ? Just stop and hold the ball until he is tackled ?
Kick low to a lead. Like Weller does, or Hill. Don't see them stopping.
The fact we always have an outnumbered forward line isn't Danyle's responsibility. That is the ******* coach's doing. Plus I cannot recall one of our forwards being one on three. Perhaps you might cite the game and player for all of our benefit.
tweet Pav. I'm sure he can assist.
What I have seen Danyle do when we have been one on two is kick long to a vacant pocket or the boundary line; again I am sure that is his brief from the coach.
Please cite the actual coach's instructions for all of our benefit
I absolutely hate the fact that Ross insists on playing a five man forward line and I bet Danyle would rather see plenty of options ahead of him too, like there was against the Bulldogs on Sunday.
maybe, we can only speculate what goes through his mind
Coincidentally, it was one of Danyle's better games.
It was
Who would have thought that by having a six man forward line would make it easier for players to deliver inside fifty more effectively, including Darcy Tucker.
Probably. Not sure why Tucker has now become involved? I haven't read every previous post
Two direct beneficiaries of a well structured forward line, included the bloke that heads the league for I50's and your vitriol target and a young up and comer in Darcy Tucker, our next generation of winger.
Still not sure how Tucker comes into this. I sure didn't mention him. As for heading the league for I50s - I don't dispute that. I suspect he probably also leads the league for I50 that quickly rebound back out - would like to see where he sits on that stat. Or metres gained by the opposition when it comes back out
How about thinking about what impact it would have on Darcy Tucker's delivery continually coming into an undermanned forward line.
Still not sure where Tucker fits into this
Hell maybe the coach would tell him to do the same as Danyle Pearce. Since we're talking Tucker, if he starts doing the same thing he will cop the same comments. However, if he doesn't, does that mean the problem is just with Pearce? Awkward? Then you would have someone else to spew your exaggerated s**t on. Yes I am spewing sh*t. No to exaggeration

We don't have leading forwards; Walters doesn't lead, Ballas doesn't lead, Pav didn't lead and Mayne sure as hell doesn't lead. So where do you get this kickin to a leading forward from ?
Hill doesn't hit up leading forwards, he just doesn't. Instead of shooting on goal he passes off to a contest.
Weller has kicked once, low to a lead and that was to Yarran two weeks ago. So you want to claim that as a comparison to Danyle whose role is get It into F50 long as many times as he can.

You have been very selective but they don't have the same role as Pearce.
Tucker came into it because of his delivery into the f50 against Bullies. It was beautiful to watch but be also had a full forward line with options something Danyle Pearce week on week doesn't have .

The fact is we have a shithouse forward line structure with a game plan of the five remaining forwards to push right up into defence. None of our playes bring the ball into our forward line with regular precision. It just doesn't happen, not by Hill, Weller, Mundy or even Walters. Danyle leads the league for I50 hence the number of kicks that go long to the boundary or to a mismatched contest. Because that is what he is mostly confronted with.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back