Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

He's always done that. And his run-up has always looked odd and too slow.

As long as it works...and BOY DOES IT!!!

Exactly! We may just need him to put his routine away from around 50m. Just run and slight arc and launch it, otherwise he will have a number fall short.

Darcy (in his radio post match interview) also pointed to the defence not moving the ball quickly in the first half.

I honestly believe that Longmuir has wanted the players to play more aggressively but I still wonder why they ran with Wilson over Walker for so many games when Walker is the one who actually attacks the lines (even Wagner was looking to play more aggressively, albeit didn't really execute very well last night)? Young and Chapman (before he was injured) have also been very conservative; given their strengths they should be trying to play much more aggressively.
That's a weird one...Wilson and Walker both play similar roles in the back 6.

Last season.... I would of picked Wilson over Walker most weeks due to experience.

Walker played in our Elim final win vs the dogs last season. So I am happy with that.

I have always liked Nathan Wilson. He left the GWS at the end of 2017 when they were top 4. Joins us when Freo were bottom 6.

Still.... I want Wilson to get a finals win at freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No love for Hughes?

Didn't put a foot wrong, hard at the contest and set up some good plays.

IMO he's graduated from depth to genuine 22.
Stick that on his gravestone.

RIP Ethan Hughes
“He didn’t * it up once in 2023”

We cut off the short kicks 2nd half. I think we adjusted correctly.

Hopefully we do it next game as well
Think that works to our strength tighter zone 15-30m from the kicker forcing the long 50m kick that Cox and Pearce clean up.
Teams destroy us with the short precise fast kicking exposing Pearce one on one, who’s fragile this season.

That's a weird one...Wilson and Walker both play similar roles in the back 6.

Last season.... I would of picked Wilson over Walker most weeks due to experience.

Walker played in our Elim final win vs the dogs last season. So I am happy with that.

I have always liked Nathan Wilson. He left the GWS at the end of 2017 when they were top 4. Joins us when Freo were bottom 6.

Still.... I want Wilson to get a finals win at freo
I’d play Wilson if Ryan is dropped, injured. But on the wing he could be better suited?
I just don’t think you can play all those HB’s at once.
Wings are an issue, even at Peel and those that could be developed are also playing HB?
Hughes is playing his role, NOD injured, but we are missing an attacking winger
and that doesn’t help out our midfield.

Anyone else notice Schultz in the centre square a couple of times? I didn’t see JOM in there much at all in the 2nd half. Where’s that bloke that lists centre bounce attendances ?

A hearty “ go **** yourselves “ to all the Shooter S Shultz bashing flogs who can’t see past the end of their RookieMe draft guides

It was frustrating when he missed that sitter but I would say he would be one of the most disrespected players to ever lace up a boot for Freo

Starting to smooth out the peaks and troughs form line from his early days and pushing his way up into our top 10 most important players for mine

- so many poor selections early this year but leaving Brodie out might be the worst. I think Brayshaw may be more of a Petrucca in the end, Brodie unlocks that potential.

- The umps missed multiple howlers at the end of the third.

- How the * did the AFL promise Gather Round to SA for multiple years? I hope McGowan throws some cash around to snatch it. This ones probably paid for with our mining royalties anyway.

- Clark has to use his pace more, hes insanely fast.

- Walker needs to impose himself more.

- Schultz had a brilliant game.

- Sorry I called you fat Darcy.

- Serong bullet pass out of congestion JOM handpass straight back into congestion. JOM is pretty bad.

- Johnson holy s**t will be a gun.

How good is it seeing all the boys smiling out there.

Anyone else notice Schultz in the centre square a couple of times? I didn’t see JOM in there much at all in the 2nd half. Where’s that bloke that lists centre bounce attendances ?
According to the afl app he had 1 cba

This is a decent read about the breakdown of the game. What all were wondering about Lukosius and how he was getting so free in the first half

No pay wall to read and brings up good points that I think alot of us have observed

Footy Fix: Don't let the comeback fool you, Freo have been worked out​

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back