Can Fyfe win the Coleman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, i'd say as a forward he is equivalent to Jack Silvagni.

Jack will kick slightly less goals this season because he is competing with two Coleman level forwards whereas Fyfe is not, but if Silvagni were playing for Fremantle he would easily outscore Fyfe.

I don't expect to see many stoppage goals from Silvani, ever. I think Fyfe will kick a third of his goals from them.

Bolton is my smokey, 43 goals 41 behinds turns that into 60 goals 24 behinds and he has the award
It's fair, but I do wonder if there are stats on where players take their shots on goal from.
I suspect the traditional KPFs are getting better-percentage chances on goal (e.g. Harry McKay, the main man at the Blues leading from the goalsquare).

Don't think so. In the end it is always a key forward.

But would be nice when he has a good season as forward even when he kicks like 40.50. Was always thinking he would be the most dangerous among his class of top mids going forward with his marking. But somehow has not been that way yet...
Is Curnow a "key fwd?
I dunno. He's 192 cm.
I'd argue McKay is the "key fwd".

Fyfe played as a forward for the majority of his junior career. Fyfe is better at playing as a flanker. Can roam the forwardline taking contested marks and push into the midfield for stoppages. He could be a key component and kick 35ish goals but he wont win a Coleman

At $67-1 it’s worth a flutter. Looks to be free of any niggles and gets a full preseason. He seems to have the attitude of a sales rep facing the chop in the way he’s closing out every opportunity that makes it’s way into the f50.

Worth a flutter? Only if you're a muppet who loves giving the gambling companies your money.

It should be at least double that.

King came out with a stat the other day saying Fyfe’s kicked 22 goals from 66 shots over the course of the last 3 seasons. Keep that conversion up and he’ll be lucky to even lead the club goal tally.

King came out with a stat the other day saying Fyfe’s kicked 22 goals from 66 shots over the course of the last 3 seasons. Keep that conversion up and he’ll be lucky to even lead the club goal tally.
Kingy, the master of putting Freo down and cherry picking stats to do so. Take out Fyfe's 2021 and it looks much more respectable where he kicked more goals than behinds in both of the other seasons. He had the yips big time in 2021 and playing midfield makes goal scoring accuracy harder.

He's not going to magically be kicked 70% accuracy but 40 goals and 30 behinds would be a huge result. The bigger measure will be his score involvement and goal assists. They are usually big numbers so if he keeps that up and adds goals, he'll extend his career if he wants to.

So given he runs at about average for a midfielder over his entire career what you’re actually saying is that if we take out his last 3 heavily injury interrupted years (when he’s likely way underdone and taking shots heavily fatigued) then he is statistically an above average shot for goal when fit!
Given he has had an uninterrupted pre-season then I really do appreciate the good news you bring !!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Probably a better question of whether he'll get AA as a forward. He's half a chance there. He's essentially going to be our number 1 forward if preseason is anything going to go by and I think best case scenario is he kicks 40+ goals while also being like top 5 in goal assists for the year. Plus, he's Fyfe so he'll stand out.

Kingy, the master of putting Freo down and cherry picking stats to do so. Take out Fyfe's 2021 and it looks much more respectable where he kicked more goals than behinds in both of the other seasons. He had the yips big time in 2021 and playing midfield makes goal scoring accuracy harder.

He's not going to magically be kicked 70% accuracy but 40 goals and 30 behinds would be a huge result. The bigger measure will be his score involvement and goal assists. They are usually big numbers so if he keeps that up and adds goals, he'll extend his career if he wants to.
Why would King, or anyone over East put any energy into putting Fremantle down? They could care less about you guys most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So given he runs at about average for a midfielder over his entire career what you’re actually saying is that if we take out his last 3 heavily injury interrupted years (when he’s likely way underdone and taking shots heavily fatigued) then he is statistically an above average shot for goal when fit!
Given he has had an uninterrupted pre-season then I really do appreciate the good news you bring !!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The amount of mental gymnastics required to make yourself feel good about a simple stat says a lot.

Why would King, or anyone over East put any energy into putting Fremantle down? They could care less about you guys most likely.
Mates with Ross Lyon and when we sacked Ross Lyon he turned on us. Now it's all negative, even after last year. Even Sumich has started saying nice things about Freo after last season, we didn't even have to tinker with anything.

Mates with Ross Lyon and when we sacked Ross Lyon he turned on us. Now it's all negative, even after last year. Even Sumich has started saying nice things about Freo after last season, we didn't even have to tinker with anything.

That is false, since I have been listening to some SEN over the past few days and have heard King* praise Freo in a number of ways. Best run from defence, best without the ball early on, very strong defence and rucks......be good if at least one supporter base wasn't hypersensitive about the things said in the media - which are always just said to fill airtime.

*I can't stand King and wish he would be shot out a cannon into the heart of the sun FYI.

That is dead false, since I have been listening to some SEN over the past few days and have heard King* praise Freo in a number of ways. Best run from defence, best without the ball early on, very strong defence and rucks......be good if at least one supporter base wasn't hypersensitive about the things said in the media - which are always just said to fill airtime.

*I can't stand King and wish he would be shot out a cannon into the heart of the sun FYI.
I don't listen to his every word or Melbourne stuff but he seems to be over critical of us when on Fox Footy all through last year. His 8 came out today and we weren't in it.

I don't care, I was just pointing out that Kingy does love to put the boot into us. Sumich also did this for years and it's suddenly flipped around. It's a bit creepy and it is easier if they just keep hating you so you can simply ignore them.

That is false, since I have been listening to some SEN over the past few days and have heard King* praise Freo in a number of ways. Best run from defence, best without the ball early on, very strong defence and rucks......be good if at least one supporter base wasn't hypersensitive about the things said in the media - which are always just said to fill airtime.

Tbf all the stuff King praises us for now he had other panel members telling him for months before he would acknowledge it.

I certainly wouldn't be putting money on it - but I do think he could be a game changer for us.

We managed to finish fifth on the ladder with Lobb top scorer on 36 goals and Schultz second on 30. If Fyfe can get close to 30-35 goals (which I think is a realistic number) then he replaces Lobb's scoring output but also adds so so much more than the snowflake that is Lobb (more defensive pressure, more bringing the ball to ground, more ground ball gets and more recycling of the ball inside 50).

He scored 3.2 in the run out against Port but also handed off two more goals to Tabs by winning a contest he was second favourite to win. None of his goals were from a set shot - which will always be his achilles heel.

And if he does that he could be the first 'forward' in years to run close to the Brownlow - simply because he's Fyfe and has always polled well with the umps.

Is Curnow a "key fwd?
I dunno. He's 192 cm.
I'd argue McKay is the "key fwd".
He is probably on the fringes with them getting bigger and bigger.

Fevola won 2 Coleman at 1,91m. I'd say most see him has Key forward as well. Pavlich was 1,92m as well. Or both Riewoldts are not that much taller.

Yes. He is 194cm and 95kg.
Also has a tremendous spring with a 6'10 wingspan.

He recently won the Coleman medal not by playing half forward flank or forward pocket :drunk:
Righto then.

Every website has him at 192cm except zero hanger which says 194.

I'm willing to accept the 192 might just come from his draft year and he grew a bit after that?

He's certainly not a monster and his key attributes are agility and running endurance.

Can't see him troubling the totals that Curnow, Cameron, Lynch etc are likely to produce. 30 goals would be a bare minimum pass mark for me. 40 a good year, 50 a great year.

I don't listen to his every word or Melbourne stuff but he seems to be over critical of us when on Fox Footy all through last year. His 8 came out today and we weren't in it.

I don't care, I was just pointing out that Kingy does love to put the boot into us. Sumich also did this for years and it's suddenly flipped around. It's a bit creepy and it is easier if they just keep hating you so you can simply ignore them.
Plenty of people don’t have you in the 8. The squiggle has you guys 10th this year, King’s a stats man. It’s not the end of the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back