Can Fyfe win the Coleman?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond play Martin in the forward line that might make things interesting, thing is though, if he’s playing well they won’t be able to resist moving him up the ground, as a stay at home forward he’s kicking 60 min.
Dusty's role will be similar to recent years, albeit he's probably not as explosive as he once was and will spend a bit more time forward, and at his age a little more injury prone than his peak.

I expect a lower possession, slightly more goals season. Something like 15-20 touches a game and he'll kick 1-3 goals in any given game, probably 40-45 for the season is a realistic prediction. He might be an AA chance at those numbers but similar to Fyfe he'd be 20+ goals short of the Coleman.

If he gets 150 shots at goal he should end up with about 60 so he'd be a chance but i can't see him getting that many shots.
Hey troll.
Fyfe might not be the greatest kick for goal, but he has won two legitimate Brownlows.
Didn’t need to fuel himself up like he was entering a WW2 battlefield.

Yeah I guess.
Carlton fans are huge on talk..cooking, greenshoots, guaranteed future dominance, only idiots can’t see it?
Yet Brisbane and now Fremantle have
won finals in the same rebuild timeframe

I highly doubt Silvagni is getting a game for Fremantle
To be fair, he'd top score for Peel I guess.

To be fair, he'd top score for Peel I guess.
Are we talking about the same Fremantle who had Rory Lobb as their key forward for the past few years and are now so short on decent KPFs that they're playing a washed up midfielder out of full forward? I'm just trying to clarify we're on the same page.

Are we talking about the same Fremantle who had Rory Lobb as their key forward for the past few years and are now so short on decent KPFs that they're playing a washed up midfielder out of full forward? I'm just trying to clarify we're on the same page.
Lol..you sure are hurt that Fremantle got their rebuild right, and you are living in hope.
Gold standard Carlton

Lol..you sure are hurt that Fremantle got their rebuild right, and you are living in hope.
Gold standard Carlton
Lol, okay buddy. I'd take Carlton's side and future ahead of Fremantle's every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Fremantle will miss the eight this year with a tougher draw.

I know, it's an indictment on Silvagni and Carlton that he'd struggle to get a spot really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, okay buddy. I'd take Carlton's side and future ahead of Fremantle's every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Fremantle will miss the eight this year with a tougher draw.
If you are taking Carlton so heavily, why do you even care about Fremantle?

Carlton are so convinced of greatness they heavily police every thread, even their own.

Jack Silvagni v Nat Cyfe..lmfao

He’ll struggle to kick 30 and that’s if he plays the full season. Will get monstered by actual key backs and it’s not like he’s particularly fast and agile these days.

Look at what Sam Taylor did to him last season, it’s more likely he retires halfway through than him winning the Coleman.

Fyfe does not have anywhere near the ground game of a top small forward, nor the marking ability of a legitimate key forward. He is the equivalent of a Jack Silvagni type up forward with a slightly worse kick for goal
He’ll struggle to kick 30 and that’s if he plays the full season. Will get monstered by actual key backs and it’s not like he’s particularly fast and agile these days.

Look at what Sam Taylor did to him last season, it’s more likely he retires halfway through than him winning the Coleman.
I'm not sure he will be getting the oppositions best defender this year (like Sam Taylor). I think that might of been a game where Taberner wasn't playing. Can see Fyfe getting the second best defender, (Or even third), unless he really starts to dominate.

Dusty's role will be similar to recent years, albeit he's probably not as explosive as he once was and will spend a bit more time forward, and at his age a little more injury prone than his peak.

I expect a lower possession, slightly more goals season. Something like 15-20 touches a game and he'll kick 1-3 goals in any given game, probably 40-45 for the season is a realistic prediction. He might be an AA chance at those numbers but similar to Fyfe he'd be 20+ goals short of the Coleman.

Only got close to 40 goals in his career once.
No way he is kicking 45 or 40 goals. He's a terrible overhead threat.

I reckon a more realistic expectation is 27-30 goals. Even that would be more than serviceable.

Bolton will struggle to kick 45 goals and he's easily your most damaging small forward.

Only got close to 40 goals in his career once.
No way he is kicking 45 or 40 goals. He's a terrible overhead threat.

I reckon a more realistic expectation is 27-30 goals. Even that would be more than serviceable.

Bolton will struggle to kick 45 goals and he's easily your most damaging small forward.
Martin will never have played as much forward as he will this year. He doesn't really need to be strong overhead, it won't be and never really has been how he kicks goals, he'll kick them when bodying 1 on 1, or from forward 50 stoppages. I think 40-45 is a realistic aim on the proviso he's a lot more forward 50 than he has been. It really depends on his role, if he's still up the ground delivering inside 50 and drifting forward then probably not as much, but if he starts and stays a lot more inside 50 which is now expected given Taranto and Hopper will take a lot of his centre square time, then it's not unreasonable.

Bolton kicked 43 goals kicking at less than 50% accuracy including shots that didn't score, so to think he'll struggle to get 2 more goals is an odd prediction, if he plays significant time forward he should be around that mark. He's still only going to improve as a footballer. Hardwick may use him in the middle more though, which would probably mean less goals. We lack a bit of speed in the middle and Bolton has that.

Martin will never have played as much forward as he will this year. He doesn't really need to be strong overhead, it won't be and never really has been how he kicks goals, he'll kick them when bodying 1 on 1, or from forward 50 stoppages. I think 40-45 is a realistic aim on the proviso he's a lot more forward 50 than he has been. It really depends on his role, if he's still up the ground delivering inside 50 and drifting forward then probably not as much, but if he starts and stays a lot more inside 50 which is now expected given Taranto and Hopper will take a lot of his centre square time, then it's not unreasonable.

Bolton kicked 43 goals kicking at less than 50% accuracy including shots that didn't score, so to think he'll struggle to get 2 more goals is an odd prediction, if he plays significant time forward he should be around that mark. He's still only going to improve as a footballer. Hardwick may use him in the middle more though, which would probably mean less goals. We lack a bit of speed in the middle and Bolton has that.

Fair enough. Don't see him getting remotely close to 40 goals let alone 45.

There's better chance of him becoming a space station and calling himself Babylon Fyfe.
He could win the most behinds for the season though. If he is playing well in terms of getting possessions, shots on goal but not kicking accurately they will get him to play further up the ground, probably a big winger like Matthew Richardson.

How was your September watching other teams play despite a Brownlow*, and two Coleman medalists on your list, champion?

I'm not sure he will be getting the oppositions best defender this year (like Sam Taylor). I think that might of been a game where Taberner wasn't playing. Can see Fyfe getting the second best defender, (Or even third), unless he really starts to dominate.

Which is at least half of the games.

So the defenders go down to set up, they see Fyfe. Who else do they see in the Freo forward line that requires minding first?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back