Carey in "Drug" Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Carey in "Drug" Scandel

Do the prisons release the analysis data to the people that have given positive readings?

There could be Charter of Rights abuses if they declined.

Are these the ones they use at Airports, or a different type of gadget?

I'm not sure, there are different variations of Ion Scanners.

The fact he refused a strip search is the damning thing. If ever there was an admission of guilt....

WHAT? Refusing to submit to a strip search is an admission of guilt now?

Have you ever been strip searched? It is an unpleasant and demeaning process and not something you'd do voluntarily.

Let's not forget Carey was at the jail on his own time to try and help some young blokes doing it tough and now HE'S ADMITTING GUILT because a machine that has pulled up toddlers as having "drug residue" beeped him?

I think is is unlikely beyond belief that Carey was attempting to smuggle cocaine into Barwon prison.

Actually, I think he has a case for legal action given the nature of the Herald Sun banners today. When I saw them walking to work it splashed "Carey jail drug bust".

That would make the average reasonable reader believe he has been "busted" with drugs in jail.

This is not the case. He hasn't been charged and what happened is not illegal.

Christ, it is almost ten years to the day since the bloke last played in North colours.

Settle down Daw, s**t like this happens all the time. Papers do what they can to sell papers. Carey's name has been dragged through lots of mud, the fact he's famous means its standard procedure unfortunately. How many times have we seen it, a massive overblown story turns into nothing in a matter of days...

Ahhhh notsureifsrs.....
isureamsrs.

Yes, their private life should be kept private, however this isn't a private issue with the duck.
It was only ever made public because he was a footballer.Well he's not a footballer anymore.

So why should we care anymore about him doing drugs and getting into trouble?

Why can't the issue be made private again for the sake of Duck and his family?

A lot of people are silly enough to do drugs. He shouldn't have done it, but there is no reason they couldn't have dealt with him privately. Wayne's getting targeted just because the Hun need a story.

Not a story that I really care too much about, but I think it is newsworthy.
I don't. I don't see why they can't deal with him without having to make it a huge deal in the paper.

Footballers are very quick to use the media for release of books, business interests, etc, to their advantage, so it only stands to reason there is a down side as well, and that is not being able to act like an idiot .. like your average 23 year old.
I can bet you tons of people involved with the media do drugs. Not everyone gets a write-up in their local newspaper though.

Hutchy following people outside their house isn't newsworthy either.
Bloke refusing to answer ridiculous, leading question isn't newsworthy.
Coach eats sandwich, that ain't newsworthy.
Reiwoldt splitting from his woman isn't newsworthy.
Footballer wears hat, well, that didn't really change my world.
So why stop now?

So why stop now?

Several slow news days with stuff that are not newsworthy. Happens all the time.

But they need to lay off Duck's back, if all they're doing is observing his situation which could not even be true. The title for the article is ridiculous

He shouldn't have done drugs (IF it happens to be true).

If not, the Hun are humiliating him for no reason. And they get money off this s**t

This behaviour isn't limited to footballers. Any famous person must prepare for this crap. I don't understand why people get so worked up by it. I really don't. Either they don't understand how the media works or they're just idiots.

He shouldn't have done drugs (IF it happens to be true).

If not, the Hun are humiliating him for no reason. And they get money off this s**t

You are falling for your own argument.

This behaviour isn't limited to footballers. Any famous person must prepare for this crap. I don't understand why people get so worked up by it. I really don't. Either they don't understand how the media works or they're just idiots.

There's little difference between writing this crap and letting it continually pass by unquestioned.

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah try not to make this personal thanks :thumbsu:

I'm not getting worked up, I just think it's ridiculous.

Duck's career is over, he can do whatever the hell he wants. It doesn't need an article. Especially when it might not even be true.

You are falling for your own argument.
I don't think Carey did it. I was only saying it in tradition with the article.

There's little difference between writing this crap and letting it continually pass by unquestioned.

This.

So why stop now?

Hey hey hey hey now... don't go too far. Don't say things you might regret.

I went there for a legal studies excursion in 2007. A classmate actually tested positive to this machine. There was a bit of a holdup but the class was cleared to go.
If anyone was trying to smuggle drugs in to prison, it would be the guards not Carey.
I dont feel sorry for the Duck. But hes trying to set a good example of himself by giving talks to young Australians and unfrotuantely for him he keeps getting ****ed on.

Just for the usual nuffies who blame Rupert Murdoch and the Herald Sun for everything, this story is the second lead story in Fairfax.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...nd-on-him-in-prison-visit-20120202-1qtri.html

Personally I could not care less about undergoing a strip search. Can someone explain to me what the big deal is. I can understand for a woman it might be an umpleasant experience but for a bloke......

FFS, Carey has been in locker rooms on a daily basis since he was 10 years old.

And you have to laugh at some of the internet tough guys on here having a cry because someone might want to take a look at their little pecker.

WHAT? Refusing to submit to a strip search is an admission of guilt now?

Have you ever been strip searched? It is an unpleasant and demeaning process and not something you'd do voluntarily.

Let's not forget Carey was at the jail on his own time to try and help some young blokes doing it tough and now HE'S ADMITTING GUILT because a machine that has pulled up toddlers as having "drug residue" beeped him?

I think is is unlikely beyond belief that Carey was attempting to smuggle cocaine into Barwon prison.

Actually, I think he has a case for legal action given the nature of the Herald Sun banners today. When I saw them walking to work it splashed "Carey jail drug bust".

That would make the average reasonable reader believe he has been "busted" with drugs in jail.

This is not the case. He hasn't been charged and what happened is not illegal.

Christ, it is almost ten years to the day since the bloke last played in North colours.

This. This pretty much sums up the whole article Daw!

' think is is unlikely beyond belief that Carey was attempting to smuggle cocaine into Barwon prison'- Well said, I don't think anyone here thinks he is stupid enough to attempt such a thing. HUN twisting things to suit themselves.

Shame on you HS going for a soft target to sell a few more papers in the quiet season. Complete beat up. How about your footy reporters get out there into clubland and start doing some decent human interest stories and throw us fans a few more bones.

Just for the usual nuffies who blame Rupert Murdoch and the Herald Sun for everything, this story is the second lead story in Fairfax.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...nd-on-him-in-prison-visit-20120202-1qtri.html

Did you happen to read the 2 articles? Completely different slants on them (and I suspect the Age one wouldn't exist or would be buried if the Herald Sun hadn't made it front page).

Although Carey has made his own bed and is probably fairly open slather, would be nice if the "journalists" could at least check their facts. Then again, the Herald Sun is pretty much just a tabloid in the ilk of News of the World.

Yeah try not to make this personal thanks :thumbsu:

Are you precious? My comment wasn't directed at you. I meant in general dude.

Agree. What are we going to do about it? Stop buying papers and reading this s**t online.

Personally I could not care less about undergoing a strip search. Can someone explain to me what the big deal is. I can understand for a woman it might be an umpleasant experience but for a bloke......

FFS, Carey has been in locker rooms on a daily basis since he was 10 years old.

And you have to laugh at some of the internet tough guys on here having a cry because someone might want to take a look at their little pecker.

With Carey saying he was not asked to submit to a strip search kind of makes the whole admission of guilt implication seem ridiculous. Until we hear from the prison security people directly as to whether or not he was asked to submit to a strip search, we are relying upon the honesty of a News Ltd journalist against the word of Wayne Carey. Do I trust either? It's a tough call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back