Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His kicking has nothing to do with bursting out of packs or blokes hanging off him. Some guys have it and some don't at the end of the day. That's not to say there won't be more improvement.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

His kicking has nothing to do with bursting out of packs or blokes hanging off him. Some guys have it and some don't at the end of the day. That's not to say there won't be more improvement.

Tired. legs.

Can't get over how often I have to emphasise this point to people. When your muscles cramp and tear, guess what goes first?

He's young, get back to me when he's 25 and it's his first kick of the game.

Much easier to find a target when you are balanced, in space and have time to look and steady.

If you are under pressure to release the ball while being tackled, your arms are being held which effects the ball drop, knocked off balance so you are adjusting your legs trajectory as you swing it and can't see what is ahead of you, then it absolutely does effect the kick.

Much easier to find a target when you are balanced, in space and have time to look and steady.

If you are under pressure to release the ball while being tackled, your arms are being held which effects the ball drop, knocked off balance so you are adjusting your legs trajectory as you swing it and can't see what is ahead of you, then it absolutely does effect the kick.
Problem is when he is in space his kicking is still the same. He is still a gun at the end of the day and I suspect there will be some improvement as he matures, but nothing drastic.

Tired. legs.

Can't get over how often I have to emphasise this point to people. When your muscles cramp and tear, guess what goes first?

He's young, get back to me when he's 25 and it's his first kick of the game.
So what happens after his 1st kick, just handball for the rest of the game?

I wonder how eddie betts does it in the last qtr after having to battle against opponents bigger than him all day?

In the final episode of The Two Tones for 2016, Tony Moclair and Tony De Bolfo announce their inaugural Two Tones Player of the Year award and summarise the Blues' last game of the season.

DOC! :handok:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Buckenara analyses Carlton's list for the Herald Sun: "Patrick Cripps will be an A-grade player but he’s not there yet, he’s a B-grader at the moment"

Cripps just lead the league in contested possessions and clearances at the age of 21. He's clearly already an A-grade player.

And the other aspects of his game?

That is 90% of what he spends his time doing. If you are brilliant at 90% of what you do, better than almost everybody else and okay at the other 10%, can't you still be elite until the 90% drops off?

I mean Bont might hit the scoreboard and cover the ground but he doesn't touch Cripps for inside work.

If being an all rounder is the only way you can be elite, then a forward can't be elite because they don't go through the midfield.

Reckon we underrate just how special what Cripps can do is. Even opposition supporters are surprised we don't give him more BOGs in our POTY award.

Judd's delivery wasn't always the best but what he could do inside and his reading of the game made him elite.

Gary Buckenara analyses Carlton's list for the Herald Sun: "Patrick Cripps will be an A-grade player but he’s not there yet, he’s a B-grader at the moment"

Cripps just lead the league in contested possessions and clearances at the age of 21. He's clearly already an A-grade player.
What a ******* campaigner. Sounds like Gary is still sour about 87.

Buckenara is a z-grade journalist and an a-grade flog.

If being an all rounder is the only way you can be elite, then a forward can't be elite because they don't go through the midfield.

Reckon we underrate just how special what Cripps can do is. Even opposition supporters are surprised we don't give him more BOGs in our POTY award.
I get what you're saying but in terms of Brownlow votes and player of the year awards they're looking at flashier stuff such as gaining possessions away from stoppages, critical marks and bursting away from packs to kick a matchwinner.

i.e. Cripps is no Kouta circa 1999-2000.

Almost as bad as Wallsy having a crack at him for hand passing backwards all the time FFS. The kid is bloody good and should be acknowledged for it. Half his hand passes I have never seen before at any level of football in the pass 40 odd years. Barry Cable and Greg Williams had great hands this kid is their equal when it comes to using your hands. When you hand pass the perogative is to give the ball to someone in a better position, whether they are back forward or to the side of you.
He will get better as he matures and will become a headache for the opposition when he rests forward and our mids learn to deliver the ball to advantage

I get what you're saying but in terms of Brownlow votes and player of the year awards they're looking at flashier stuff such as gaining possessions away from stoppages, critical marks and bursting away from packs to kick a matchwinner.

i.e. Cripps is no Kouta circa 1999-2000.
Then I hope he doesn't give a s**t about personal honours and just keeps doing what he does. The remainder of your post I think he can/will do as he matures and when he gets more bloody help. He may not be Kouta but he is a star and I'm happy with that even if journalists etc want more. No dis-respect to you Azul just my two cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back