Cats push for big Victorian club at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

KP should be entitled to host The AFL grand final. Last time the AFL hosted an AFL grand final outside the MCG was in 1991 at the old Waverley Park. It culminated into Angry Anderson singing bound for glory in the Batmobile.

Seeing KP hosting a grand final with Agnry anderson on the Batmobile would be epic.:D

A friend who lives in Geelong says it is like living in the 90's.

How the hell is that possible?! Etihad holds 52,000 while KP holds 19,000 less. I am assuming your team pays bugger all rent. Does the Geelong cats own the ground or does the Geelong council own it? I am assuming food and beverage profits go to the club as well.
Geelong don't own SS, they are a tenant. But they run the stadium, including all the food and drink. They have always made a big profit at the ground even before the redevelopment because the overheads are minimal. Whereas at Etihad, the stadium has a high rent, and owns all the amenities, so the profit margin is much smaller. Once the AFL owns Etihad teams that use it as a home ground will get a return much like what Geelong get at SS.

Geelong don't own SS, they are a tenant. But they run the stadium, including all the food and drink. They have always made a big profit at the ground even before the redevelopment because the overheads are minimal. Whereas at Etihad, the stadium has a high rent, and owns all the amenities, so the profit margin is much smaller.

Suspect we would have lost money/just broken even for our home game vs Carlton.

No prob with Geelong using their home ground. Just include all Vic clubs in the deal. (Hullo Collingwwod)

How the hell is that possible?! Etihad holds 52,000 while KP holds 19,000 less. I am assuming your team pays bugger all rent. Does the Geelong cats own the ground or does the Geelong council own it? I am assuming food and beverage profits go to the club as well.

Council own it.The club makes the extra money due to the seating,advertising and catering profits at Simonds Stadium.

I also think that one of the major reasons why Geelong has home games at the bigger venues against the top drawing clubs of the present is that it allows for more AFL members to attend the game as well, as opposed to them being very restricted at Simonds. Once the final redevelopment is done, I'd be happy to play all our home games at Simonds, but I can't see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When a Melbourne team plays Geelong they have two choices.

One is playing Geelong at a neutral ground OR playng them at Kardinia which favours Geelong.

Melbourne clubs either break even or are completely disadvantaged in more then a fews. It's pretty easier to understand why most Melbourne clubs do all they can to avoid playing there. Geelong's fans can't really complain about fairness when the only one who ever benefits is them.

Firstly you're a troll, and not a very smart one at that given this post.

Secondly, playing an away game at Geelong has nothing to do with what other clubs earn at their home games. You still get 11 home games like everyone else to make money from.

Lastly, every team has a home ground advantage when playing a home game. That's the nature of the sport. To expect Geelong to give up their home ground advantage for Melbourne clubs because 'it's unfair' really shows that you have no idea what you're talking about, or you're trolling. There can't be one rule for Melbourne-based teams and another for Geelong. That's unfair. Now go away.

Probably because we helped foot the bill to develop it.

Firstly you're a troll, and not a very smart one at that given this post.

Secondly, playing an away game at Geelong has nothing to do with what other clubs earn at their home games. You still get 11 home games like everyone else to make money from.

Lastly, every team has a home ground advantage when playing a home game. That's the nature of the sport. To expect Geelong to give up their home ground advantage for Melbourne clubs because 'it's unfair' really shows that you have no idea what you're talking about, or you're trolling. There can't be one rule for Melbourne-based teams and another for Geelong. That's unfair. Now go away.

Huh? Anyone who disagrees is a troll. Bigfooty logic at it's finest.

You do realise that Geelong' are the ones asking for a exception here?

Suspect we would have lost money/just broken even for our home game vs Carlton.

What's Geelong contract with Etihad like?

To be honest I'd rather see Carlton play 2 games against the Cats with our away games been at KP and our home games at the G.

Infinitely preferable to our games at Etihad where both clubs are getting badly undercut.

Not really. Happens at all grounds, Geelong are just jumping on board.

Never been there but looks like a s**t ground.

Enjoy it.
Ha where do you play your home games again. yeah Subi that's right. The only AFL stadium with trisomy.

What's Geelong contract with Etihad like?

To be honest I'd rather see Carlton play 2 games against the Cats with our away games been at KP and our home games at the G.

Infinitely preferable to our games at Etihad where both clubs are getting badly undercut.
I don't even know if we have one per se. The AFL just shunt us there cause they are sending Norf off to Tasmania etc and still need to fulfil contract obligations. We'd rather play our home games at the G. Anyway 1 game at SS = almost full capacity at the G in terms of money we make.

An exception by wanting to be able to play games in their home city?

They want games in Geelong which is fair enough but they can't compare games in Melbourne as been similiar to selling games in Canberra.

Geelong are the only ones getting advantaged by teams visiting them when travelling Melbourne teams have to play home games against the Cats on neutral ground. So they can hardly complain about things been unfair to them from a on-field point of view. Obviously it wouldn't be such a issue in my opinons if their games against Essendon and Carlton earned more money due to the s**t Etihad pull.

So they can hardly complain about things been unfair to them from a on-field point of view.
Yeah we can. Our home ground is SS. If other clubs for whatever reason gave up their home grounds to play at Jihad or the G not our problem. We are not a Melbourne club.

I don't even know if we have one per se. The AFL just shunt us there cause they are sending Norf off to Tasmania etc and still need to fulfil contract obligations. We'd rather play our home games at the G. Anyway 1 game at SS = almost full capacity at the G in terms of money we make.

So how much revenue would a Essendon/Collingwood at a SS pull compared to your usual games against the smaller Melbourne sides?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back