Cats set to host Simonds finals

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
Quite frankly Geelong already get an advantage vs other Vic teams by having this ground during H&A and one could argue that they wouldn't play finals if their home ground was at Eithad or the G.
I think crowd numbers should be the forefront of venue choices, is it not for the fans this game of ours?

MotleyLemon STPer18

giphy.gif

The way it should be. All cats home games, finals or not, should be at Kardinia Park!
I knew I liked you. :)
Oh wait, now I remember, you're a gooner :eek: :thumbsdown:

Quite frankly Geelong already get an advantage vs other Vic teams by having this ground during H&A and one could argue that they wouldn't play finals if their home ground was at Eithad or the G.
I think crowd numbers should be the forefront of venue choices, is it not for the fans this game of ours?
"Other Vic teams", you mean Melbourne teams, which Geelong is not.

Seats would be split 50/50 like all other matches between vic clubs. So many would miss out but it would be rowdy as * inside KP. Would love to be there for it.

I think you can certainly argue that teams only have the right to a home state final rather than a home venue final. Ultimately the AFL will call the shots here. In the same way that Etihad based teams have never been able to go "our home venue is Etihad, we refuse to play at the MCG."

I personally think if a game is expected to get sold out and there is a much bigger stadium within the same state then I would prefer they moved it. I thought the same when GWS were playing the Bulldogs last year. I'd like to see fans of both competing sides able to attend to the best possible extent. Especially when you consider that Grand Final's tend to be corporate events so its the other finals where most of the real fans are able to go and watch.

So Geelong want to shut out at least 16,000 and more likely 30,000 of its own supporters in the event of playing another Victorian team in a home final?

Does everyone forget that finals aren't ticketed like H&A?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they do. How long would you give Geelong fans being locked out of their own home finals before they would want a move back to the MCG?
This is always a laugh.

People dont get locked out? GF is always gonski quit quickly as ate big concerts.

You make it sound as if we should never have lockouts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is always a laugh.

People dont get locked out? GF is always gonski quit quickly as ate big concerts.

You make it sound as if we should never have lockouts

???? Nothing wrong with lockouts mate. But tens of thousands of Geelong members would miss out on watching their side play a home final against a Vic club and right then the experiment would be over.

???? Nothing wrong with lockouts mate. But tens of thousands of Geelong members would miss out on watching their side play a home final against a Vic club and right then the experiment would be over.
So 10s of thousands dont get locked out of the GF? Or concerts or other events?

Which they have earned. If they choose to play there then they should be allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back