Remove this Banner Ad

I've always found it odd how United fans on here (in general, not all) rush to defend/promote Ronaldo, as if they know him personally or feel like they owe him something.
Absolutely this.

You'd think he was their father or son the way they carry on about him.

Suarez and Ronaldo have the desire to win they do anything to win
You can criticise them oh offside, biting and co oh oh
I don't blame them when I played in china I had players spitting on me, elbowing me and all that because they wanted it

Absolutely this.

You'd think he was their father or son the way they carry on about him.

Would you really?

This whole conversation about his decline ITT was started by a United supporter. There's no doubt he's still remembered fondly for all his achievements and the respect he still has for the club, I don't see how this is any different to how you lot view Henry, or how the Pool fans view Suarez after leaving though. Great players who have a great relationship with their club and fans tend to be remembered positively, not that shocking I'd have thought?

He does cop a lot of personal abuse because of an unfair/exaggerated perception of petulance and selfishness and when that happens you'll find United fans come out of the woodwork to defend him. How often do you see United fans going out of their way to bring him into the conversation though? Not often really. We certainly didn't do anything as drastic as starting a thread to document his post United achievements like the Suarez fans did.

This whole conversation about his decline ITT was started by a United supporter.

And when I bought up that fact after an opposition fan was on about United fans always defending Ronaldo, the first response I got was "it was an easy joke to make". Now a day later and they're back at it, like it never happened.

I guess Internet forums are notorious for people hiding behind, "relax, I was only joking". How do you even respond to that?

It's like me turning around and saying, "Opposition fans only like Messi more than Ronaldo, not because Messi is better but because Ronaldo played for United". Then when I get a negative response to that, I can turn around and say "relax, it was an easy joke to make". Heck, I think that should be our go-to line. Give a little bit back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And when I bought up that fact after an opposition fan was on about United fans always defending Ronaldo, the first response I got was "it was an easy joke to make". Now a day later and they're back at it, like it never happened.

I guess Internet forums are notorious for people hiding behind, "relax, I was only joking". How do you even respond to that?

It's like me turning around and saying, "Opposition fans only like Messi more than Ronaldo, not because Messi is better but because Ronaldo played for United". Then when I get a negative response to that, I can turn around and say "relax, it was an easy joke to make". Heck, I think that should be our go-to line. Give a little bit back.

Er what? You're clearly taking a swipe at me and I haven't been "back at it."

The joke was regarding the number of United goals that have been offside and nothing about Ronaldo. That you still have your panties in a twist despite saying you were "chill" shows you didn't get it, still don't get it, and need to breathe a bit more.

Er what? You're clearly taking a swipe at me and I haven't been "back at it."

The joke was regarding the number of United goals that have been offside and nothing about Ronaldo. That you still have your panties in a twist despite saying you were "chill" shows you didn't get it, still don't get it, and need to breathe a bit more.

It was all directed at opposition fans going on about all United fans having a love affair with Ronaldo, like the last few pages. That is clearly not the case at all. And if the majority of United fans defend Ronaldo, what is the big deal anyway? He's a footballing legend who happened to play for United. People are drawn to greats and that is heightened when the player played for the club you support.

All fans do it. Barcelona fans will defend Messi in 20 years time if another player comes along and that player is said to be better than what Messi was. It's not just a United-supporting thing.

It was all directed at opposition fans going on about all United fans having a love affair with Ronaldo, like the last few pages. That is clearly not the case at all. And if the majority of United fans defend Ronaldo, what is the big deal anyway? He's a footballing legend who happened to play for United. People are drawn to greats and that is heightened when the player played for the club you support.

All fans do it. Barcelona fans will defend Messi in 20 years time if another player comes along and that player is said to be better than what Messi was. It's not just a United-supporter thing to do.

You directly quoted me, you're clearly still wound up by a joke you didn't understand, and claiming that I'm "back at it" when I haven't commented further in here.

You directly quoted me, you're clearly still wound up by a joke you didn't understand, and claiming that I'm "back at it" when I haven't commented further in here.

I didn't mean you (specifically you) were back at it. I meant people on this topic in general.

I would tell you to calm down but I feel that has already been done. :p

I didn't mean you (specifically you) were back at it. I meant people on this topic in general.

I would tell you to calm down but I feel that has already been done. :p

I'm perfectly calm, I just don't see why you quoted a post that was excusing a joke about Man United fans when complaining about people criticising Ronaldo when the two were entirely unrelated.

Do people still think Monaco wouldn't challenge for the title in the PL?
Arsenal lose to Monaco on away goals in the CL: "Lol Arsenal are so s**t, can't even beat Monaco, Wenger out"

City and Dortmund lose to Monaco in the CL: "Monaco are so amazing, PL title challengers for sure"

Arsenal lose to Monaco on away goals in the CL: "Lol Arsenal are so s**t, can't even beat Monaco, Wenger out"

City and Dortmund lose to Monaco in the CL: "Monaco are so amazing, PL title challengers for sure"
you forgetting the 10 - 2 aggregate loss to Bayern?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back