Unofficial Preview Changes and Discussion - Grand Final Edition v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you a getting a goal a game you a just a goal kicking mid. De Goey isn't dangerous because he can kick 1 or 2 goals but because he can kick 3 or 4.

The even spread tends to be less effective in finals. I mean how many times has a small forward had a big game in a grand final? Why is it you wanted Cox back so bad even with only 28 goals for year? Because of the structure and target he provides. No one else (even De Goey) can provide that.
Of course.
It's a big reason for the even spread of goal kickers in the forward line.
Crumbing.
Alas, we're flat track bullies. Your opinion as fact, multiple posts/ threads.
We'll all see on the weekend.
I'm not overly confident.
Your forwards worry me.
And McGovern.

I think we are a better side, definitely would've rather played Collingwood, as we've seen what Richmond can do. We've shown twice we are better, and would've win by 6 goals hah JK been fit last week.

I think we win by 42 points

I think we are a better side, definitely would've rather played Collingwood, as we've seen what Richmond can do. We've shown twice we are better, and would've win by 6 goals hah JK been fit last week.

I think we win by 42 points
And yet Collingwood convincingly beat Richmond, who are clearly the better team of course ?

I do think you're the better team though in all honesty.

And yet Collingwood convincingly beat Richmond, who are clearly the better team of course ?
No, Richmond haven't been that great. They beat who they play usually, but they have had plenty of cracks this season and no real 4 quarter footy. I won some cash on the pies.

Where is our weakness? Try and exploit it, I dare you.

No, Richmond haven't been that great. They beat who they play usually, but they have had plenty of cracks this season and no real 4 quarter footy. I won some cash on the pies.

Where is our weakness? Try and exploit it, I dare you.
I don't think you have many.
We'd have to convincingly beat you at clearances to have a chance.

I don't think you have many.
We'd have to convincingly beat you at clearances to have a chance.
Damn, I was trying to get a bite! Props to you.

In all honesty, yes I'm confident but I was there yesterday so I'm probably still on a massive high, it was unreal!

You guys are good, and on your day the tackling and run and ball movement are near unstoppable. I think we know how to counter it though, but gf day is entirely different.

Great season win or lose from both teams, good luck mate.

Damn, I was trying to get a bite! Props to you.

In all honesty, yes I'm confident but I was there yesterday so I'm probably still on a massive high, it was unreal!

You guys are good, and on your day the tackling and run and ball movement are near unstoppable. I think we know how to counter it though, but gf day is entirely different.

Great season win or lose from both teams, good luck mate.
Most pies supporters I know (and on bf) still can't believe we're in the GF.
What a ride.
Reckon most are only just daring to believe now!
Odds 60/40 your way I reckon.
Still, sure was nice handing Richmond a spanking at least!
All the best!

Comment from the mongrel punt, and they will be right cause we’re arrogant

So, next week the Eagles pack their bags and head over to the Colosseum down the road to knock over the Pie sin the Grand Final. That’s the plan, and that’s what I think they’ll do. They’re a well-oiled machine at this stage of the year, and I reckon the Pies played their Grand Final last night against the Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to all the WC posters who've been on our board, its been somewhat more enlightening than the past week or so dealing with tiger fans. Until about 2.30 Saturday, I hope you all enjoy the week as much as we will. Your talls are the obvious worry but its actually Hutchings who will keep me up at night this week - if he can nullify Sidebottom like he did in round WheneverItWas, we'll struggle.

Thanks to all the WC posters who've been on our board, its been somewhat more enlightening than the past week or so dealing with tiger fans. Until about 2.30 Saturday, I hope you all enjoy the week as much as we will. Your talls are the obvious worry but its actually Hutchings who will keep me up at night this week - if he can nullify Sidebottom like he did in round WheneverItWas, we'll struggle.
Cheers, really look forward to playing you guys.

Who do you think will present the cup if we win ?
Woosha would be good, but probably can't do it as a current coach of another club. Judd doesn't seem WC enough. Maybe Peter Matera?
Also, what is the rule with selecting a presenter. Could we nominate Gaff/Naitanui to do it ?
Only 1st page into reading this thread so not sure if suggested but Ross Glendining would be great.

Anyone else notice Shuey with the sneaky look backwards when he won clearances out of the middle yesterday (especially with his hook turn clearances!

Has been pinged a few times with a lack of awareness - looks like he’s learning

Watching the highlights and other videos of the game. Sheppard had just as many problems with De Goey's speed and agility.

1st Goal Schofield
2nd no one (cheapie over the back)
3rd Sheppard
4th Sheppard

That were all goals in play none were from a lead.

Happy to be corrected but shepp Only conceded One from memory - possibly In the third

I was at the game and screaming at simmo to take echoey off him

If shepp was in frame - then I dare say he was cover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back