Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Carlton round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a few conversations about Ainsworth. Probably too much to divulge on BF.

Things like: his potential (good running patterns, good fitness, gets goal side) and the investment the club has made in him are the main reasons.

Like brander, the club needs him to develop. We’ve put our eggs in his basket and he needs to improve for the future.

...I have no excuses for ah chee
From what I have seen of Ainsworth, that is just throwing good money after bad.
Absolute best case scenario is he ends up a fringe player IMO.
As Kenny Rogers would say, you gotta know when to fold em.

Club likes Ainsworth still no matter what we think. The flaws in his game are seen as fixable and club are happy with his ability to play to instruction and keep his shape.

The reason we see players constantly pointing at him is to keep him focused to stay in his role as opposed to telling him where to be. Easy to ball chase when you are essentially in a spot where you need to move to block the corridor as opposed to get the ball
I don’t see it. Masten brought more to the role with his skill set. I see Ainsworth as way too limited and his skills as beyond repair. I’d be disappointed if he’s on the list next year.

A shame if that’s true with Jetta. He’s been terrific for the club, it’d be a shame for his tenure to end like this.

also think he would very handy in the wet if that’s the forecast.

He isnt injured and isnt in the emergencies.

What do you think it is?
Personal issues was raised by another poster which seems possible.

But as you seem like a self appointed club spokesman you should inform us.

Personal issues was raised by another poster which seems possible.

But as you seem like a self appointed club spokesman you should inform us.

How many players with personal issues are training still? Most step away from the club to deal with personal issues. We dont just shove them onto the training ground when they are dealing with issues you will find.

The fact is he is training every single day, away from the main group. Im sure you can figure that one out with a bit of sleuthing. Hell even Kim Hagdorn figured that one out

Be interesting to see how selection goes when Jones is fit & firing.

Cameron, Jones and Ah Chee.

At best only room for two.

For me Ah Chee is the one who goes out.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Ainsworth is like a Priddis that can't kick at all. I really like the guys tenacity but his thought process is shot as well as his kicking which makes for a very bad combo.
Nothing like Priddis. Priddis could find the ball and get hands out. Ainsworth gets 6 touches and gets nailed in tackles HTB. Thats not going to win you too many Brownlows.

outs: Edwards
ins: Mcgovern

Ainsworth while frustrating needs games in his legs, Shoey is going to be around forever. He must be doing a role of some sort, he does have a serious case of deer in the headlights when he's about to be tackled... don't get me wrong id rather redden in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

outs: Edwards
ins: Mcgovern

Ainsworth while frustrating needs games in his legs, Shoey is going to be around forever. He must be doing a role of some sort, he does have a serious case of deer in the headlights when he's about to be tackled... don't get me wrong id rather redden in the team.
Players that can follow instruction and have been taught to kick the ball properly can't be that thin on the ground.

Would be very disappointed if ainsworth is on the list next year, it’s clear he has no attributes that make him even close to an afl player, Don’t waste any more time and cut ties now WCE.
Surely after the bye mcgov and redden will be in for Edwards and ainsworth.
(Edwards unlucky, did a few good things before going down injured).

Watch out gaiz, speedster Braynus is at it again on the Telstra tracker....

#3 For distance covered at high speed, 2.3km

#3 For highest average speed, 9.3km

And here I thought he once again just loped around and chased his opponent in first gear like they were doing match sim training :shrug:

Blocks the corridor tho...

Watch out gaiz, speedster Braynus is at it again on the Telstra tracker....

#3 For distance covered at high speed, 2.3km

#3 For highest average speed, 9.3km

And here I thought he once again just loped around and chased his opponent in first gear like they were doing match sim training :shrug:

Blocks the corridor tho...
It was one of his strengths he was talked up for a couple of years ago. His running ability was compared to Gaff.

Is Duggan in any trouble? If he's rubbed out and Jetta still can't get a game, then I look forward to the total silence from the club

No Duggan should be okay if the MRP has any competence ... but then comparing Gov's one week jumper punch vs. Tomahawk's innocently deliberate elbow ...

However, Shep is in big trouble for his hit on HEdwards. Thug. (Furthermore, he was seen playing tennis, while drunk.) He's stuffed.

Can some of you more astute judges of football ability help me out here..... I am truly at a loss.

FFS

What skill set am I missing in my observations of the game, do either Ainsworth or Ah Chee ....... bring to our game plan or team mix ....... thats not trumped by Jetta.

I am so over " Mister One Flash Moment a Game Ah Chee " ( did it again tonight with the mark and goal after the siren ).

Ainsworth showed tonight, that he is currently, out of his depth, at the present time, in AFL crunch situations when the blow torch comes into play.
Oh and his skills were, again, found wanting tonight.

Hopefully he improves ...... but back to my original point.

Jetta offers so much more to team balance than either of these two players......... so why the **** is he out of the team.

I just don't get it. :shrug:

Jetta has been disciplined by Simpson for something over in the hub.
Cant get anyone to say what he did but sounds serious.
He not coming up as a option for selection which sucks
Everyone seems to think he will be delisted at years end.
Would be great if Basil Zempilas could grab his ball's and ask Simpson a hard question
about the Jetta situation.

I was at the game last night, and the atmosphere was certainly finals-like.
Some of those last quarter passages in Geelong's forward line were frenetic and breath taking, reminded me of the scrambles in the 2018 GF.
Not surprising Ainsworth and Cameron were found out a little, but great they were exposed to such pressure.
They can only learn from it.
Remember how a young Shuey always seemed to take a few extra steps and get caught HTB? Or how a young Glass seemed to be pushed out of contests too easily?
Plenty of seasoned players on both sides struggled with the pressure and made both forced and unforced errors.

And a big shout out to all who attended, the noise levels were great and could only have helped fire up the players when they started to surge.

From what I've heard it's personal reasons. Hopefully available soon.

The ragging on Ainsworth is cute. 6-1 winning record from his 7 games. Some players have roles to play that aren't flattering. He's doing something right that suggests he's an AFL standard player.

Having said that, if all fully fit (which is unlikely) the changes look obvious.

Out: Edwards, Ainsworth
In: Gov, Redden

Cameron very lucky no other small fwds are fit. Was by far our worst tonight

A win/loss record has nothing to do with Ainsworth.
People are saying his role is to block space......please.

Tell me what he is doing right?
Last week he was putrid and was even worse yesterday.

He continually turns the ball over or kicks it 10 meters to a team
mate putting him under pressure.

Was also like a deer in the headlights when someone ran at him and tackled him.

I saw more potential in Harry Edwards in the first 5 minutes.

You cannot defend the indefensible.

The Ainsworth hate strikes me as very similar to the skepticism Dom Sheed encountered early in his career- for similar reasons- they are one paced, average sized midfielders who tend to play inside.

Ainsworth's great strength and the reason he's in the side is because he's got the aerobic capacity a top line midfielder needs to fill a zone and get from contest to contest for a whole game. He's also pretty good at reading the play and getting to the fall of the ball.

Players of that style often look trash early in their careers, they don't have the skills or pace to look good in limited minutes, and initially they lack the core strength to bust tackles. Their running ability lets them add an extra number at a lot of contests, but that's easy to overlook, and all you see is a lot of pressured kicks and them getting mowed down by defenders.

Give them a few years to bulk out and a starting role in the team, and suddenly they're getting 25 touches each week.

Not saying Ainsworth will or won't make it, but he's not getting games by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back