Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Carlton round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to suggest Brander as CHB until I looked up the rain. I still think he might be the best option until Gov returns. Far more natural position for him than wing. We may be too tall without him as wing but we are definitely too tall with him as a wing. Got to be anyone other than Ainsworth. XON, Hutchings, anybody. Obviously Redden if he is fit.

Out: Ainsworth
In: Brander

There is no way that Brander should not be getting games, he was our first round selection 17..picked ahead of Allen, Ryan, Kelly, Ainsworth

I dont care if the wing isnt hes natural position, just play him.

Harry was the wrong call against an in-form Geelong outfit. We were lucky that didnt come back to bite us in the arse. Nothing against the kid, but you dont pull that sort of sh*t against rival Top 4 clubs.

However in saying that the kid went alright when he was actually on the ground, and I wouldnt be against playing him for the up-and-down Blues. If he cant get up though, Rotham in.

A shame if that’s true with Jetta. He’s been terrific for the club, it’d be a shame for his tenure to end like this.

also think he would very handy in the wet if that’s the forecast.
Simmo specifically mentioned Jetta and Schofield for praise in his post game comments, saying their effort and positivity is appreciated and will be rewarded.

Harry was the wrong call against an in-form Geelong outfit. We were lucky that didnt come back to bite us in the arse. Nothing against the kid, but you dont pull that sort of sh*t against rival Top 4 clubs.

However in saying that the kid went alright when he was actually on the ground, and I wouldnt be against playing him for the up-and-down Blues. If he cant get up though, Rotham in.
We are headed for a crunch of short turn around games and probably enother hub. I think its great that Simpson is getting games into the younger players/back half of the list even over more experienced and probably better short term options. Its an investment that could be crucial in the back end of the year and into next. I really liked what I saw re- Edwards he is big boy.

No way in hell they’ll play Edwards a week after that concussion. Schofield would likely come in you’d think. Wet game will suit Cripps and Curnow. Won’t be any easy games anymore
Was just thinking this morning. There doesn’t seem to be any out and out flops outside of Adelaide. Everyone else is capable of pulling out a blinder and the Carlton/St Kildas are no longer walkovers. Makes every game from here on a danger game. Obviously the genuine 50/50s like Geelong on the weekend, plus Richmond. But outside of that we have our bogey team 2 weeks away plus having to play all these “not quite challengers yet but capable of shaping the ladder” types. Carlton, St Kilda, Hawthorn and Essendon are all capable of being 40 point wins or 30 point losses.

Haha watch them send us to Darwin and make us play like 3 games in 2 weeks in that shitty humid weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ainsworth is a developing mid. A lot of criticism of playing Brander too. He is actually doing a few good things each match as well as some terrible ones. I recall Shuey, Redden and others struggling hard early on. In the game he got caught holding the ball once and in another contest he got the kick away to Gaff whilst being tackled. He is also going at 83% disposal efficiency so the claim that he is a serial turnover merchant doesn't really hold up to much scrutiny. Check out Blakely for the Purples absolutely awful skills. I am sure Xon and Hutchings and others like Hammer will get a game again soon.

Haha watch them send us to Darwin and make us play like 3 games in 2 weeks in that shitty humid weather.
I'd take that. Let's face it, we are going to have to do another hub with 4 or 5 day breaks between games at some point. Humidty shouldn't be too bad during the day, as it's dry season. At least we've had the opportunity to get momentum up by playing a big stretch at home. We also get good support in Darwin, which would be a big boost.

I am a bit unsure why the QLD teams aren't having to do a hub as well, that seems like the most glaring ommission at this stage in terms of fixture equality.

I don’t care who plays in Darwin but no side should have a heavy schedule in those conditions.

We have Collingwood playing in 4 days returning to QLD to play in humidity

There are no good options at the moment - just have to suck it up when it comes to your time to wear the brunt of it.

I'd take that. Let's face it, we are going to have to do another hub with 4 or 5 day breaks between games at some point. Humidty shouldn't be too bad during the day, as it's dry season. At least we've had the opportunity to get momentum up by playing a big stretch at home. We also get good support in Darwin, which would be a big boost.

I am a bit unsure why the QLD teams aren't having to do a hub as well, that seems like the most glaring ommission at this stage in terms of fixture equality.

I agree. I'd take a Darwin hub over another stint in Queensland any day of the week.

Personal issues was raised by another poster which seems possible.

But as you seem like a self appointed club spokesman you should inform us.
when he was watching some videos on his 200th from his kids and family he looked like he was going to bawl his eyes out. he got dropped after that perhaps he flipped that he came all the way to the hub only to be then dropped.

Ainsworth is a developing mid. A lot of criticism of playing Brander too. He is actually doing a few good things each match as well as some terrible ones. I recall Shuey, Redden and others struggling hard early on. In the game he got caught holding the ball once and in another contest he got the kick away to Gaff whilst being tackled. He is also going at 83% disposal efficiency so the claim that he is a serial turnover merchant doesn't really hold up to much scrutiny. Check out Blakely for the Purples absolutely awful skills. I am sure Xon and Hutchings and others like Hammer will get a game again soon.
That 83% disposal efficiency can be misleading.
At one stage he kicked it 10 metres to Shuey who got told to play on and was under the pump. So he gets a positive stat when really it was a poor kick.

When you're only getting 5 kicks a game and kicking it 10 to 15 meters at a time, you should be hitting targets.

Unless we get a big run of injuries, I'd be surprised if we see him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back