Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Luke Foley emerging defender will make his debut at Metricon Stadium tomorrow evening against North Melbourne. It’s a big moment for him as he’s presented with his guernsey by mentor and development coach Adrian Hickmott.

He’s a skilful rebounding defender, who could still multi-task (ala Liam Duggan) and play midfield minutes.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Warm Kerridge Favourite Luke Foley emerging defender will make his debut at Metricon Stadium tomorrow evening against North Melbourne. It’s a big moment for him as he’s presented with his guernsey by mentor and development coach Adrian Hickmott.

He’s a skilful rebounding defender, who could still multi-task (ala Liam Duggan) and play midfield minutes.

Efa.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
In a year that probably watered down even the most ardent North supporter's interest on game day, worth remembering how poignant tomorrow is likely to be.

Odds on its last dance at the club for a few.

Good luck to the boys, putting aside frustrations about the year never nice to see anyone lose their gig.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you reckon WC will break some sort of record this week with intercept marks inside their defensive 50 ? The way we deliver the ball into our forward line the likes of Barass , Hurn , Schofield & Duggan will have a day out ! Thank F### McGovern aint playing ?!
Not gonna happen.

The ball has to get into their D50 first.

They will however record a record number of intercept marks on the wing and in the middle of the ground.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Declared he wanted to play for North and walked in to the draft to do so.

Rose to become an excellent player who should have over 120 games for North under his belt and still another 5 years of football if not for succumbing to a terrible debilitating life altering injury.

I get where you're coming from mate, but I reckon special consideration should be afforded in this instance.

Think you're getting a bit doey eyed there Tef. Let's see how the departure is handled before we bump him up to Adam Simpson or Shannon Grant club legend "anoint your successor" type of territory.

In a year that probably watered down even the most ardent North supporter's interest on game day, worth remembering how poignant tomorrow is likely to be.

Odds on its last dance at the club for a few.

Good luck to the boys, putting aside frustrations about the year never nice to see anyone lose their gig.
If Majak plays his last game for the club it will be sad to see. We never got to witness him run out in Melbourne.
Garner as well. Marley too has been a good servant. Those boys cant carry any supporters frustrations for whats unfolded this year.

I have yet come to terms with accepting Jacobs pending exit.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
If Majak plays his last game for the club it will be sad to see. We never got to witness him run out in Melbourne.
Garner as well. Marley too has been a good servant. Those boys cant carry any supporters frustrations for whats unfolded this year.

I have yet come to terms with accepting Jacobs pending exit.

I don't quite get the write offs for Majak as yet.

He showed some decent and some less decent form but I'd rather call him up as 2nd or emergency ruck than Campbell, no disrespect to Tom. At least Maj can then perform a secondary role.

He showed some decent and some less decent form but I'd rather call him up as 2nd or emergency ruck than Campbell, no disrespect to Tom. At least Maj can then perform a secondary role.
Hes an elite defender yet we are chasing Corr. Has me worried that his body is no longer up to it.
Im not getting re contract vibes from Rhyce and Brady. Daw is ten times the player Campbell is but I dont think theyre in competition for a spot on the list. Majak could very well not be able to do what he once did.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hes an elite defender yet we are chasing Corr. Has me worried that his body is no longer up to it.
Im not getting re contract vibes from Rhyce and Brady. Daw is ten times the player Campbell is but I dont think theyre in competition a spot on the list. Majak could very well not be able to do what he once did.

All Maj had to do to get back to playing a game of football may have taken a lot out of him mentally and physically. A good long break over the off season could see him come back invigorated and much nearer to 100% healthy than he probably is right now.

All Maj had to do to get back to playing a game of football may have taken a lot out of him mentally and physically. A good long break over the off season could see him come back invigorated and much nearer to 100% healthy than he probably is right now.
Hes worthy of a 1 year deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im not getting re contract vibes from Rhyce and Brady. Daw is ten times the player Campbell is but I dont think theyre in competition for a spot on the list. Majak could very well not be able to do what he once did.

He has been in the system over 10 years and has played one decent season. He isn’t an elite defender.

I’m not necessarily saying don’t give him an extension for 1 more year, but elite players perform year after year, which he has never done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He has been in the system over 10 years and has played one decent season. He isn’t an elite defender.

I’m not necessarily saying don’t give him an extension for 1 more year, but elite players perform year after year, which he has never done.

You don't need players to produce heaps of elite seasons to be worthwhile.

We got one high grade season out of Scott Welsh..

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You don't need players to produce heaps of elite seasons to be worthwhile.

We got one high grade season out of Scott Welsh..

Hence why I said I am happy to sign him for another year. Let’s be honest here, he is pretty lucky to be still on a list after 1 decent season and bugger all games. He has been in the system 10 years and we’re still waiting for him to arrive.

Scott Walsh wasn’t an elite player and Daw isn’t either, which is all I was stating in my previous post.

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah * I'll be gutted if we delist Majak. Heart ruling head maybe but imo he has a lot more to offer than many other out of contract players.

Prior to his injury he was elite. He is worth a shot in 2021 and if he produces anything anywhere near his best form then we will be better for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back