Preview Changes and Preview Thread Rd 6 Port vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Marshall played SANFL footy from 17-19 he averaged around a dozen disposals and a goal per game. My point is that it was hardly conducive to his development as a KPF at AFL level. MG has been finding plenty of the footy at AFL and SANFL level, that has never been his issue. His issue has and will always be his conversion for goal. Sticking him in the SANFL is not going to improve that, and if anything, prolonged SANFL time may only stunt his development.
Why do you think conversion will always be an issue? He’s got a fine routine, it’s purely mental and imminently fixable.

Would swap him and Farrell in an instant. How Farrell is getting a game in defence is beyond me, bloke leaks goals and hasn't offered much in terms of intercepts and effective rebounds.
I tend to agree. He's been caught out defensively, and his kicking hasn't been as dangerous out of defense. In my opinion, he's at his best as a high half forward where he can either delivery the ball in to a leading forward or take a ping from long range.

The big issue for me, is not that Jonas comes back in for Williams, but that we are forced to make this move because of Jonas remaining captain for 2013. This should NEVER had occurred! Modesty on his part, along with backbone by the club should have stopped this and allowed the younger leaders to come through. But no!

He is captain, and we have to live with it.

Why do you think conversion will always be an issue? He’s got a fine routine, it’s purely mental and imminently fixable.

Poor use of words on my behalf (been a crazy week at work). More was referring to his biggest issue right this minute. Needs to work on all aspects of his game like any young player but he's still finding the footy. It's not as if he's having weeks where he gets 3 or 4 touches for an entire game.

I'm more interested to find out why he's got the yips after being in the system for the last few years because when he came into the league he was a great kick.

100% - was clear pretty early last season that Lycett was on his last legs.

The problem is, who do we go for? We need someone near ready - which clubs have reserve rucks that can step in?
I reckon we might be able to target Sam Hayes from the magpies - could be gettable

Only reason I can think Hayes was left out. Was the coaches have given him the #1 ruck spot in the SANFL last 2 weeks and he hasn’t delivered what they wanted. So they fall back onto Teakle and his versatility of being able to play ruck/fwd/def even though his not above average in any of those positions!
Yep Ken mentioned in his press conference today about Teakle being able to play in the 3 different positions.

Last edited:
Yes, fancy wanting a ruckman who is enduring his 6th year on this list to be selected amidst a ruck crisis.
Didn’t realise it was his 6th year,obviously they don’t rate him.

Strange he hasn’t just moved on to another club for better opportunities.
Interesting to see if he stays on at years end with Hinkley gone.

..... It's not as if he's having weeks where he (Georgiadis) gets 3 or 4 touches for an entire game ....
Really he is, at least where it counts up forward. Georgiadis's stats bulk up slightly when he helps out up the ground. But when we need him to contest effectively for marks in the 50m or lead out effectively he'd be struggling to get 4 possessions. And don't get me started on his ability to kick a loose ball a few metres out into the goalpost.

What crowd tomorrow?
Appalling time for the game against a poor WCE side and after all the excitement of gather round.
We do the ANZAC game’s extremely well and at night it’s a great atmosphere but 1.10pm on a Saturday, shocking

What crowd tomorrow?
Appalling time for the game against a poor WCE side and after all the excitement of gather round.
We do the ANZAC game’s extremely well and at night it’s a great atmosphere but 1.10pm on a Saturday, shocking
All of the amateur leagues are back as well.

It will be a poor crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is, who do we go for? We need someone near ready - which clubs have reserve rucks that can step in?
Port Adelaide has a reserve ruck ready to step in if we ever *in picked him.

Really he is, at least where it counts up forward. Georgiadis's stats bulk up slightly when he helps out up the ground. But when we need him to contest effectively for marks in the 50m or lead out effectively he'd be struggling to get 4 possessions. And don't get me started on his ability to kick a loose ball a few metres out into the goalpost.

1682087978998.png

Compared to our other forwards it certainly does appear that he was struggling to take marks inside 50, especially on a lead.

Port Adelaide has a reserve ruck ready to step in if we ever *in picked him.
We have five ruckmen on out list, just need to use Lycett poor form to get some games into them.
Dante is the next cab-off-the-rank.
Hayes named at CHF, has a chance to show his non-ruck skills (this weekend).

This is essentially saying Williams should be picked ahead of Jonas but we can't do that because Jonas is captain lol.

Why was it allowed to devolve into this?

Jonas turned 32 in January, and wasn’t exactly lighting it up last year — for added emphasis, Tredrea was 29 going on 30 when he handballed the captaincy on, and Dom was 28 going on 29.

Appointing a new captain would’ve been logical and completely free of controversy — instead we’re having to endure a sort of Primus’05 awkward festival, replete with leaving a superior younger player in the ressies just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back