Preview Changes and Preview Thread Rd 6 Port vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another classic "Stinkers thinkers he's won already" game. He's taking WC cheap, and toying with the team sheet.

I don't expect that we could possibly lose (could we?), but nothing would surprise me with this clown. The vibes are not good.
And we've seen it before!

Those that believe georgiades isn’t getting picked because he is out the door have got it wrong in my opinion, it made no difference with Amon. We happily continued to play him and it’s in our best interests to get the best trade deal to play him.

They obviously want him to string a few good game together and sort out those yips.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It is not just yips, it is his timing and he keeps running under the ball.
If has no Plan B when he flies and fails to take a big grab.

This board is ridiculous.

Before selections its all "West Coast are worse than a country football team" and "they're basically Fitzroy '96!" then we bring in a couple of developing SANFL players that aren't everybody's first preference and all of a sudden it's a danger game and we might be tanking.

We're going to win between 7 - 12 goals and you can all go back to stressing about Ken getting another contract.

Last edited:

Teakle was preferred by Carr as far back as the internal trial because of his leap, but Lycett grabbed the #1 ruck role and expectedly was terrible. Mind you we shouldn't expect much more from Teakle.

Makes no sense that Teakle hasn't been the ruck at SANFL level only to come and play ruck at AFL level, but that disconnect sums up the Club right now. Keep convincing yourselves you're connected by telling yourself so whilst doing the complete opposite of what connected Clubs do.

Happy for Lord but disappointed Georgiades isn't getting a run. Given he's off contract at the end of the year I won't be surprised in the slightest to see him leave if he doesn't get games going forward. Playing him in the SANFL isn't going to do anything to fix his yips kicking for goal so I don't quite get why he's not playing at AFL level.
It’s pretty simple, he’s not playing AFL because he’s doing sweet FA.
Unfortunately port have some history of playing players that are doing much the same.
I’d prefer we had a team in the VFL and give this SANFL the push.
Problem is we are not good enough list wise to carry more than a couple of under performers.
There’s just no other option until he shows improvement.
Let’s hope that’s very soon because he has shown before he can play.

Lord goes much closer to a like-for-like Dixon replacement than Georgiadies.

Yes, Ollie is 197cm and 94kg, good sized key position forward. He can do a bit of chop out ruck work too.

He has earned his call up.

I hope Dylan is the tactical sub, he can come on and fit in at either end of the ground.

This board is ridiculous.

Before selections its all "West Coast are worse than a country football team" and "they're basically Fitzroy '96!" then we bring in a couple of developing SANFL players that aren't everybody's first preference and all of a sudden it's a danger game and we might be talking.

We're going to win between 7 - 12 goals and you can all go back to stressing about Ken getting another contract.
Very true there will be an emergency meeting in Bunker 8 straight after the game.

It’s pretty simple, he’s not playing AFL because he’s doing sweet FA.
Unfortunately port have some history of playing players that are doing much the same.
I’d prefer we had a team in the VFL and give this SANFL the push.
Problem is we are not good enough list wise to carry more than a couple of under performers.
There’s just no other option until he shows improvement.
Let’s hope that’s very soon because he has shown before he can play.

When Marshall played SANFL footy from 17-19 he averaged around a dozen disposals and a goal per game. My point is that it was hardly conducive to his development as a KPF at AFL level. MG has been finding plenty of the footy at AFL and SANFL level, that has never been his issue. His issue has and will always be his conversion for goal. Sticking him in the SANFL is not going to improve that, and if anything, prolonged SANFL time may only stunt his development.

Yes, Ollie is 197cm and 94kg, good sized key position forward. He can do a bit of chop out ruck work too.

I hope Dylan is the tactical sub, he can come on and fit in at either end of the ground.
Dylan is a terrible sub.

Yes he is versatile but he just doesn't have the leg speed to take advantage of being the fresh legged sub.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today's presser:
“We think Brynn Teakle has capabilities to play in all three areas of the ground; forward, back as well as a ruck where we drafted him from,” Hinkley stated.
Hinkley’s hopeful of the 23-year-old featuring around the ground and forming a partnership with fellow utility Jeremy Finlayson.

Ken Hinkley says Scott Lycett will head back to SANFL level to rediscover his best form after axing the ruckman for Round 6.

“Mitch is learning,” Hinkley said of the youngster’s non-selection.
“He’s had a remarkable start to his career but he’s a young player. I reference Todd Marshall, who was in a similar position early in his career. I know how Mitch is invested in our footy club.”

The man crush on Hayes has overwhelmed some posters.
Hopefully they will get over it.

Yes, fancy wanting a ruckman who is enduring his 6th year on this list to be selected amidst a ruck crisis.

Today's presser:
“We think Brynn Teakle has capabilities to play in all three areas of the ground; forward, back as well as a ruck where we drafted him from,” Hinkley stated.
Hinkley’s hopeful of the 23-year-old featuring around the ground and forming a partnership with fellow utility Jeremy Finlayson.

Ken Hinkley says Scott Lycett will head back to SANFL level to rediscover his best form after axing the ruckman for Round 6.

“Mitch is learning,” Hinkley said of the youngster’s non-selection.
“He’s had a remarkable start to his career but he’s a young player. I reference Todd Marshall, who was in a similar position early in his career. I know how Mitch is invested in our footy club.”
Nicely explained by Ken/the club. I specially like the Georgiades comment with reference to Marshall's long development time.

Nicely explained by Ken/the club. I specially like the Georgiades comment with reference to Marshall's long development time.

DFF8BE4C-24B5-4981-8FB7-06AEAA8973F7.jpeg
D6F4944D-1A79-439D-925D-2D93476BE615.jpeg

So if Todd’s anything to go by, Mitch can expect a career-reviving chat circa 2025?

I cant see williams as the sub fit. No offence to him, he shouldnt have been dropped, but i think the sub has to be a burst player. speed isnt a gift of his

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back