Changes and tactics vs St. Kilda - Stretch, OMac Out - Jetta, Lewis In

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have done a complete 180 from last year to this year in a number of ways.
The most obvious being last year we played on and ran trying to move the ball quickly at all times. I think we were first in the league for playing on.
So far this year if we aren't last for that stat we are close. Much slower ball movement. Less playing on.
We seriously lack leg speed and also the skills to pull off the fact paced game style we were focused on last year. This new slower style is resulting in less clangers and avoidable turn overs
Hmmm, no, you definitely don’t lack leg speed

Cannot wait to smash you lot.
Our outside run with steven and hind in will destroy you guys.

Hogan was he only melb player we feared ... BWHAHAHA. You little beauty. Steele will destroy Oliver so then what can you do?

Good luck stopping gresh at the g. The cat kicks an average of 5 goals there. And thats against richmond. Against demons? wow, could be 10.

Mediocre side are we? nope. things have changed. youll find out.
We have Pressure and Structure now. Dont see how you can beat us. Not on our level.

Hogan was he only melb player we feared ... BWHAHAHA. You little beauty. Steele will destroy Oliver so then what can you do?

Good luck stopping gresh at the g. The cat kicks an average of 5 goals there. And thats against richmond. Against demons? wow, could be 10.

We have Pressure and Structure now. Dont see how you can beat us. Not on our level.
s**t, any hope I had of winning this game is gone, can't see us winning now.

Lol. Up and about after beating the Box Hill Hawks.

Your chances of winning will increase further if you keep Kent in the side, guarantee he will play a big one against his old side.

Will be interesting to see if he plays.
He should be out for Steven but it will depend on steven. We may just rest Steven after all its just the dees

Saints
In: Geary, Hind, Steven (ouch!)
Out McKenzie (inj), Parker (inj), Kent (Ommitted)

Disrespectful comments are going to make you look stupid come sat night

Demons suk. 1-3?

frost and omac are a joke. Demons softness is back. LOL - wait til see our pressure. Ha my lord you are going tonfet hurt. Brayshaw will be concussed by 1/4 time. Olivers hair wont be the only red on his body.
Seriously will be hilarious watching your bgrade runners chasing tail all
day.

You do realise we have Long, Gresham, Bruce and Membrey right? How can you stop that?

our work is harder, were faster. Just watch and learn.

Cool. Will enjoy your melts when the Saints purple patch ends. Saints are a more ordinary version of 2018 Port Adelaide.

Well not entirely true. If we get sick or dont turn up to play then you have a chance. Upto us though. We have control whether we win this one. The better teams do.
Was thinking of going down to Moorabin and sneezing a few times today but I don't want to expose myself to the countless other infections which exist at whatever dive St Kilda train at now.

Was thinking of going down to Moorabin and sneezing a few times today but I don't want to expose myself to the countless other infections which exist at whatever dive St Kilda train at now.

Friendly reminder that St.Kilda had to move back to Moorabin from Seaford because there weren't enough coffee shops they could perv on the local talent from.

Disrespectful comments are going to make you look stupid come sat night

Demons suk. 1-3?

frost and omac are a joke. Demons softness is back. LOL - wait til see our pressure. Ha my lord you are going tonfet hurt. Brayshaw will be concussed by 1/4 time. Olivers hair wont be the only red on his body.
Seriously will be hilarious watching your bgrade runners chasing tail all
day.

You do realise we have Long, Gresham, Bruce and Membrey right? How can you stop that?

our work is harder, were faster. Just watch and learn.
I like this guy

How this character hasn't been banned yet is beyond me.

Pretty much all he does is go around posting incredibly inflammatory stuff designed to trigger and offend, until he gets suspended. Then he comes back and it's rinse-and-repeat.

Also wouldn't assume for one second that he actually barracks for St Kilda.

His first posts with this account were absolutely bagging the s**t out of us. Then after his first suspension he went to the other extreme and was way OTT with praise and so-on.

Just pure trolling.

Pretty much all he does is go around posting incredibly inflammatory stuff designed to trigger and offend, until he gets suspended. Then he comes back and it's rinse-and-repeat.

His first posts with this account were absolutely bagging the s**t out of us. Then after his first suspension he went to the other extreme and was way OTT with praise and so-on.

Just pure trolling.
Sounds like a certain Doctor that used to roam these parts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might beat us, and you're definitely not a mediocre side. You're far worse than that.

Just pure trolling.

I know but he has a clear plan and is trying to execute it. I appreciate that if nothing else. Doesn’t happen often at my work or elsewhere TBH

We can't be playing the same tall forward setup at the G as we did at the SCG. Preuss' debut was great but i wouldn't be playing him unless he is 100% and even so i would want more genuine crumbers in the F50 than we had last week.

If Lewis has to be in i would drop Omac, drop the press back significantly to avoid out the back goals and have Wagner stick with Membrey and tell him to not go 3rd up at ariel contents and have Frost stick tight on Bruce. Let Hore intercept and Lewis direct.

i'd also stress more accountability from the mids at stoppages and not to press to high to allow some space in the F50 for our leading tall forward line.

I feel like this is the opposite to what we have done in 75% of our games under Goodwin, but its what we were doing in the 2nd half of last year.

I
We can't be playing the same tall forward setup at the G as we did at the SCG. Preuss' debut was great but i wouldn't be playing him unless he is 100% and even so i would want more genuine crumbers in the F50 than we had last week.

If Lewis has to be in i would drop Omac, drop the press back significantly to avoid out the back goals and have Wagner stick with Membrey and tell him to not go 3rd up at ariel contents and have Frost stick tight on Bruce. Let Hore intercept and Lewis direct.

i'd also stress more accountability from the mids at stoppages and not to press to high to allow some space in the F50 for our leading tall forward line.

I feel like this is the opposite to what we have done in 75% of our games under Goodwin, but its what we were doing in the 2nd half of last year.
I agree. the Saints aren't a tall side at all, and they really only have 1 tall fwd in Bruce. i'd have Frost on him too and go with a smaller, more mobile defence. Frost can do an ok stopper job on a key forward, its the zoning and intercepting that he struggles with. I think he prefers the simpler job of just being accountable for an opponent, and i'm more concerned with the Saints small and mid sized forwards hurting us with their running anyway.
im not sure if Preuss, if fit, is a good idea either. the Saints have Brown, and Battle, who is a good player but relatively inexperienced, and some rookie kid as their tall defenders, and we could possibly exploit them with our 3 talls if we deliver inside F50 correctly. but I don't have much faith in our ability to make that happen, unless Melksham somehow miraculously gets 20 plus inside 50s. we have trouble keeping the ball in our forward 50 at the MCG as it is, and im not sure the big fella Preuss is mobile enough to have an impact on the bigger ground, so the Saints could run it out easily, and when that happens we struggle to get our defensive pressure going and it all falls apart.
last year we had Oscar and Petty as our tall defenders, and TMac, Weid and Hogan in the fwd line. it will be interesting to see if we change it up this time or go in with the same sort of set up that we lost with last year.

The weirdest thing just happened mates. I came in here and my phone started smelling like bullshit.

2.6 isnt even close to a 5 goal average at the G.

I still think you guys are mediocre, but i think we are too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back