Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Pineapple Grapple v the Suns, Round 20 @ Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Bailey comes in for Ashcroft if he's recovered, if not I would be giving Dev Robertson a crack at Ashcroft's inside time. Rayner to play a little more time on ball, I really like him in there.

Outs- Will Ashcroft.:'(

Ins- Dev Robertson or Zac Bailey.

You would think if Dev can’t get a good run at it now with Will’s spot opening up he never will, so hopefully he gets first crack. Not sure Bailey will be right to go next week, so it’s probably Dev or Lyons anyway and I hope they don’t don’t back to JL.

I do wonder if Kiddy is injured whether the coaching staff might use the opportunity to see how Rich has fared in his training block.

Zorko needs to pull his finger out, otherwise let Kai take his spot for 3/4 and then swap Zorko in, if necessary.

You would think if Dev can’t get a good run at it now with Will’s spot opening up he never will, so hopefully he gets first crack. Not sure Bailey will be right to go next week, so it’s probably Dev or Lyons anyway and I hope they don’t don’t back to JL.

I do wonder if Kiddy is injured whether the coaching staff might use the opportunity to see how Rich has fared in his training block.

Zorko needs to pull his finger out, otherwise let Kai take his spot for 3/4 and then swap Zorko in, if necessary.
Yes, please don't bring Lyons in for Ashcroft, the drop in run would be too much IMO, Dev is a great runner and we haven't seen enough of his inside work, that was his strength pre draft.

Fagan was 50/50 on Ashcroft in the press conference but the fact he was walking and not on crutches was a good sign, let’s hope it’s just a strain🤞

Fagan was 50/50 on Ashcroft in the press conference but the fact he was walking and not on crutches was a good sign, let’s hope it’s just a strain🤞
One of our group that we go to the games with is a Physio and she said it was classic ACL signs, bad pain at first then capable of walking off pretty normally, also the physical movement test they do is very reliable in predicting an ACL, up to 90% accurate.

Unfortunately it is almost certainly season over for Will.:(

Out of interest, anyone recall if Rayner and Hipwood had crutches on after ACLs? Also, has any other club had this many ACLs to generational young players? Seems a bit unfair

Out of interest, anyone recall if Rayner and Hipwood had crutches on after ACLs? Also, has any other club had this many ACLs to generational young players? Seems a bit unfair
Cam had no crutches, was walking around and smiling (That’s cam lol).

Cam would have known the worst as well as the physios said he’d likely done his ACL.

Zorko needs to be, at best, sub. Nearly cost us the game with his mouthing off. He is now a liability on the field and not looking likely to produce his game changing moments like years gone by.

Can't see Gunston getting pushed aside for the rest of the season so not even going to mention that.

Out: Zorko, Ashcroft
In: Bailey, Robertson

Cam had no crutches, was walking around and smiling (That’s cam lol).

Cam would have known the worst as well as the physios said he’d likely done his ACL.
To add to this, as I found the pressers.

For both Eric and Cam, Fagan said straight away in his post game pressers he was told they were ACL’s by the physios.

So either the physios were a little unsure with Will or hadn’t got around to speaking with Fagan, it is the only difference I can see as he didn’t say the same tonight.

Plus or minus crutches (or ice) means nothing with ACLs as Malice pointed out. A brace is also going to do bugger all. It didn’t look good when it happened and that’s more telling.

They would almost definitely know the extent of the injury immediately with their pitch-side assessments. Fagan is usually very upfront with these kind of things and the fact he didn’t confirm a serious injury at the press conference gives a tiny glimmer of hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To add to this, as I found the pressers.

For both Eric and Cam, Fagan said straight away in his post game pressers he was told they were ACL’s by the physios.

So either the physios were a little unsure with Will or hadn’t got around to speaking with Fagan, it is the only difference I can see as he didn’t say the same tonight.
Agree entirely - was typing my post and just read this after. We can only hope.

It just looks ACL to me unfortunately.

No simple wig can replicate that magnificent mane. And I think its too much to ask someone with a recent ACL injury to also shave their hair to create a true likeness as well...

we're out of luck there

Yeah Fagan mentioned he hopes it isn’t an ACL but scans will be done Monday. Sounds like he thinks it is but just genuinely not sure.

A free with everyone else’s ins and outs:
Out: Ashcroft, Zorko, Coleman (purely because he might be injured, if not keep him there)
In: Robertson, Lohmann (Bailey probably still out), Rich (what can you do?)

It’s shattering for Will & for the club for sure, but his output - while phenomenal for a first-year player - thankfully isn’t necessarily essential for us to win a flag this year. We can cover him much more easily than we could cover 10-15 others in the best 22.

With that said, my first inkling would be to look to one of Zorko/Bailey/Rayner to fill his midfield minutes, and not make any changes beyond that. Not sure if that’s how the coaching staff will go, but I think our best 22 is relatively clear outside of that now.

It’s shattering for Will & for the club for sure, but his output - while phenomenal for a first-year player - thankfully isn’t necessarily essential for us to win a flag this year. We can cover him much more easily than we could cover 10-15 others in the best 22.

With that said, my first inkling would be to look to one of Zorko/Bailey/Rayner to fill his midfield minutes, and not make any changes beyond that. Not sure if that’s how the coaching staff will go, but I think our best 22 is relatively clear outside of that now.
For me it depends who the club has next in line, Lohmann or Robertson.

If they want more game time into Lohmann, he comes in and they give Bailey more midfield minutes. If it's Robbo, well like for like replacement.

I wouldn't count out JL either, considering his experience.

No to Rich after seeing him in the ressies (sadly)

Pretty easy really, Dev comes in.

Though, pretty concerned with the form of Starcevich. He gets caught with the ball regularly, is clearly scared in marking contests and his disposal is sub standard. Sure he's played really good games this year but his worst is pretty poor. I'm hoping he can regain his zip but he looks like he's struggling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back