Preview Changes/Preview - round 3 v Sydney - Clarry 150! JVR debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the go with Turner's fitness? Be happy to give him a go once he's right to go.

With what we have available, even if May returns I'd have Goody read the riot act to Petty about toughening up this week, and if that doesn't work he goes out the next week. Give him one more week to get his head out of his arse.

Turner has hurt his ribs.
Scache is out concussed.

Verrall out for 10 weeks.

Injury Update | May on track, Salem to begin rehab

I'd get May straight to full back, and Petty either forward, or out of the team.

TMc to 2nd ruck, and dropping back to help out.

JvR to play TMc's customary role forward, and rolling thru midfield.

Our rucks would read Grundy 1st, TMc, JvR. Rotating thru forward-line. On-baller drops back to support.

Scache is out concussed.

I'd get May straight to full back, and Petty either forward, or out of the team.

Our rucks would read Grundy 1st, TMc, JvR. Rotating thru forward-line. On-baller drops back to support.
I'm trying to work this out, you want petty forward but then bring in jvr?

Scache is out concussed.

You really are the Grandpa Simpson of the Melbourne board

I'd rather injuries hit us now than later in the season, but we're getting a few. Our depth was talked up preseason, so let's see it get us through the next 6-8 weeks and stay in striking distance of the Top 4.

And is all for TMac in the ruck after that performance last Friday

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

B Bowey May Lever
HB Brayshaw Petty Rivers
C Hunter Oliver Langdon
HF Chandler McDonald ANB
F Fritsch Brown Spargo
FOLL- Grundy Viney Petrecca
I/C- Tomlinson, Sparrow, Jordan, McVee
Sub- Harmes

Don’t know how we’re still favourites for this match, bit like 2019 when you could win cash betting against the dees as nobody realised we were a bit dodgy.

We’re better than back then, but Sydney have improved, don’t feel like we have.

Don’t know how we’re still favourites for this match, bit like 2019 when you could win cash betting against the dees as nobody realised we were a bit dodgy.

We’re better than back then, but Sydney have improved, don’t feel like we have.
Don't think theres enough evidence this year to get a decent read on either side atm. I'd still be going off last years form where obviously Sydney were better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think theres enough evidence this year to get a decent read on either side atm. I'd still be going off last years form where obviously Sydney were better.
You’re right, the Brisbane loss was just an off night in general, think we just had a really bad one, move on. Sydney just seem to have the wood on us of late, certainly favourites, would be a huge win if we got up.

I don't understand the petty forward push, they ain't doing it.
Well then he should be dropped. either way.
But we need someone who can play deep forward and make their way to the drop of the footy. One tall tall in bbb, is not enough in today's game.

Petty is a natural, to go at the footy at its highest point.
JvR is not a natural, surrounded by defenders over 200 cms... van Rooyen is a very good mobile tall who is real handy below his knees. Similar to TMc, but with softer hands.

Tmc's days are numbered, with his concrete fingers. No supplety nor subtlety. This is his undoing. JvR will have his spot very soon. IMO.

Last edited:
Yep, JvR as CHF, rolling upfield, and doubling back as per TMc. TMc 2nd ruck; changing with Grundy from the bench.

May has to come in, and I would also bring in Hibbo.

fb/ Tomlinson, May, Hibbo
hb/ McVee, Lever, Rivers
cl/ langers, Oliver, Hunter
hf/ AN-B, JvR, Fritsch
ff/ Petty, BBB, Spargo

Grundy, Tracca, Viney

int from/ TMc, Brayshaw, Chandler, Sparrow, Bowey, Melk, Harmes,

This lineup to me, is more attacking via run, and is stronger in defence.

Tom McDonald is cooked.

I'm getting deja vu to last years semi final when everyone was discussing this and then it ended up being no changes.

s**t now I'm scared they're just gonna swap Gawn for Joel Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back