Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy we're trying Smith up forward..gotta try something different. Might not work but he's quick and can compete in the air at least. Seems like Goody realises Tmac and Brown are cooked. Tommo had to come in with McKay and Curnow to look after. The best part is it allows Lever to play the role he's best at.

Should win this game, but confidence levels in this side are seriously waning. Like the Freo game, I'll be plonking a cheeky $50 on the opposition because we're really not playing well tbh

I just hope the injuries are now in the rear view mirror. I would like to see him make it or not on his own ability.
- They could be playing him as a defensive forward as well.

I like the changes, I like the fact they are not knee jerk reactions but there looks like some method in the madness.

From what I picked up this week if the team can sort out the leaking of goals in the defensive 50 that will go a long way towards a win.

This should be a good game for Gawn and Grundy as well with Pittonet out.

Yeah system wise the changes actually look really good on paper. Smith to play that workhorse Petty role, Hunter back onto his wing and Tomlinson to let Lever take the 3rd tall.
Atleast for one week, it looks the coaching staff has recognized it ain't working and are trying to change it up. Really hope we win by 15 goals to vindicate it even if the forwards do nothing

Yeah system wise the changes actually look really good on paper. Smith to play that workhorse Petty role, Hunter back onto his wing and Tomlinson to let Lever take the 3rd tall.
This is it with Smith, he plays hard, hits packs and tackles but isn't a natural forward. Basically a shorter, jumpier Petty in the forward line.

don't mind the changes, Tommo could do without but prob the biggest body we had left so it makes sense.
Hope Joel makes it through a full game and kicks a few snags.

Atleast for one week, it looks the coaching staff has recognized it ain't working and are trying to change it up. Really hope we win by 15 goals to vindicate it even if the forwards do nothing

Until 5 minutes into the game it emerges that Smith has been instructed to play exactly like Ben Brown

A forward takes a contested grab in front of goal in the first 5 minutes..Is the crowd going more nuts for Smith or JVR? Huge opportunity for Smith to cement himself as best 22 and cult hero here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back