Preview Changes: R10 2019 v West Coast - NOW WITH POLL!

Will the match committee opt for Jenkins or Himmelberg this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're bringing in all of M. Crouch, Seedsman, Milera, Jenkins and Douglas there are going to be some mighty stiff players to be dropped. That's far too many unforced changes.

Gaskin seems to think this is likely to happen.

I'd be impressed with the selectors if Jenkins wasn't rushed in, and instead told to replicate his performance in the next SANFL game.

Can all the doomsayers get this notion that Douglas is even a 1% chance of coming in this weekend out of their heads please? It is not happening. Zero chance.

FWIW, after listening to press conferences, reading the injury report and analysing the game further, I think the changes will be:

In: Jenkins, Milera, Seedsman, M Crouch

Out: Himmelberg, Atkins, Gibbs, Gallucci (all omitted)

Emg: Fogarty, Hunter, Gibbs, Atkins

Sure, it’s completely unlike us to make 4 unforced changes, but I’m feeling it. Must-win game. Apart from Jenkins (lol), the other ins are all best 18 (I’d argue they’re all best 12).

Milera has been running for weeks now and has a strong fitness base. SANFL bye. Indigenous Round. itshappening.gif

I’m not 100% sure on either Seed or Crouch. We may feel Seed isn’t ready for an AFL game yet. Crouch may not get up. I’m backing them both in though, because there’s been quotes on how much Crouch has improved since last Thursday, and Seed was clearly dominant in the SANFL, even late in the game.

Jenkins in for EH is happening whether we like it or not. An absolute lock.

Ben Hart’s comments re Gibbs were pretty telling. I don’t have a transcript handy but channel 7 news last night covered it pretty well.

Bear in mind some of the vision shown by K Cornes on various footy shows which outlined at least 2-3 pathetic efforts by Gibbs at stoppages on Neale (plus 2 or 3 by CEY), and remember that Gibbs only even played due to Crouch being a late withdrawal, and I think you’ll find he’ll be axed if all these guys are ready.

Atkins dogged it in the first half. 3 touches, including 0 in the first qtr. His opponent (Mitch Robinson) had 18 and a goal to that point and was the 2nd best player on the ground. Don’t even get me started on the pathetic missed tackle on C Cameron early in the 4th quarter near the boundary line which directly resulted in a goal. Oh look, a wingman and an outside utility are ready to return from injury. Bye Rory.

Gallucci is not AFL standard at this stage of his career. He played a decent half against Sydney one time last year from memory, and a nice game in a 100 point win against Carlton in Rd 23. Every other AFL game he’s played to this point has been somewhere between mediocre and utter s**t. Not even close to best 22 and was extraordinarily lucky to be selected against the Lions. Will be dropped, and won’t get back in this season IMO. There’s only so long you can survive on athleticism.

McHenry is the smoky. With all these other potential ins, I can’t see it happening this week, but Jesus he’s been unlucky to not debut yet. Only a matter of time.

Gibbs gets a reprieve if Crouch doesn’t come up. Atkins gets a (very lucky) reprieve if the coaches determine that one of Seed or Milera aren’t ready.

Otten or Fog come in if Harto doesn’t get up. Gut feeling is that it would be Fog, as we’ll surely be mindful of WCE’s speedy forward line.

Keath and ROB aren’t on the injury report so we have to assume they’re all good.

One of the more fascinating selection nights in recent years coming up.

While I would like to as I would prefer Gooch on the wing, I cannot see them dropping Jones or Atkins for Matt, next in line for matt is Gibbs, Greenwood or CEY
While Seeds for Kelly will improve the team's structure.

Edit Milera may change that entirely. that would mean for Matt, Seeds and Milera, you will be looking at, Kelly, Atkins, Gooch, Jones, Gibbs, Greenwood, or CEY, the first 3 looks the most likely.
Definately not dropping Chayce, but I still think we can manage a way to squeeze Gooch in whilst still bringing Matt back. But it will probably mean a tough call on a guy like Kelly, Rat, DMAC or Murphy.

And for all their effort and hard work, eventually we have to be willing to put these guys down to the Magoo's for higher ceiling players. And with Milera, Seed and Matt all back this week or next. That time is pretty much now!

I'd like to see:

Out: Atkins, Gallucci, Mackay
In: Seedsman, M. Crouch, Milera

Mackay a little stiff but Milera is a far better player. Gibbs to play more outside, M. Crouch inside for Gallucci. Himmelberg stays, Jenkins needs to back it up.

Would understand if Milera isn't picked straight up and has to play SANFL

B Brown - Talia - Hartigan
HB Laird - Keath - Smith
C Seedsman - Sloane - Gibbs
HF Greenwood - Walker - Lynch
F Betts - Himmelberg - Murphy
R O'Brien - M. Crouch - B. Crouch

I Kelly - Milera - Jones - CEY

Kelly backline rotation, Milera defense/mid, Jones forward/wing/mid, CEY mid

Definately not dropping Chayce, but I still think we can manage a way to squeeze Gooch in whilst still bringing Matt back. But it will probably mean a tough call on a guy like Kelly, Rat, DMAC or Murphy.

And for all their effort and hard work, eventually we have to be willing to put these guys down to the Magoo's for higher ceiling players. And with Milera, Seed and Matt all back this week or next. That time is pretty much now!

Definitely tough calls this week, And yea I would like Gooch to stay just don't believe they will keep over some of the others, not if Matt, Seeds and Miera come back. Also if I am dropping Murphy its for Stengle and only Stengle. he knows where the goals are.
Problem is once dropped it may be a hard climb back into the side. which is good pressure wise.
Which is why I believe MacKay having his best year in ages due to the talent pushing for spots.

I'd like to see:

Out: Atkins, Gallucci, Mackay
In: Seedsman, M. Crouch, Milera

Mackay a little stiff but Milera is a far better player. Gibbs to play more outside, M. Crouch inside for Gallucci. Himmelberg stays, Jenkins needs to back it up.

Would understand if Milera isn't picked straight up and has to play SANFL

B Brown - Talia - Hartigan
HB Laird - Keath - Smith
C Seedsman - Sloane - Gibbs
HF Greenwood - Walker - Lynch
F Betts - Himmelberg - Murphy
R O'Brien - M. Crouch - B. Crouch

I Kelly - Milera - Jones - CEY

Kelly backline rotation, Milera defense/mid, Jones forward/wing/mid, CEY mid
Would rather MacKay in than Kelly, we need the attacking player more than the dour defensive player. be unlucky for either as they have not done much wrong.
But JJ needs to play this week against West Coast, we have a chance to dominate the ruck contest, and cannot afford to lose momentum against the West coast mids when Himmelberg rucks. It was highlighted against Port but with Brisbane, I believe cost us the game, With ROB we had the run when Himmelberg went into the middle we lost momentum. and Brisbane scored.

On Berg vs JJ:
Berg will be dropped if the club thinks he needs a rest after 5 games straight and/or there's stuff he needs to work on and the SANFL is the place for that.
JJ will be recalled if the club thinks he's corrected the reasons they dropped him. People on BF think one very good SANFL game isn't enough, but only those who work with him and eyeball him on a daily basis will know.
Obviously these two events are not independent, so it might be a little from column A, a little from column B.

Maybe if it's a choice between those two in their current states, as it were, v West Coast at AO where they play well, maybe there's some justification in going with the more known quantity in JJ.

I know that's a bit of a copout and "trust the club" but I really don't have a strong opinion either way.

I'm sure at least part of this board will melt on selection night if JJ comes in for Berg. But my response would be "OK, they've obviously got their reasons". The true melting will come if JJ comes in, and then doesn't perform. And that would also be very, very bad for JJ - if he's selected for the above reasons and then fails to deliver on what the club has asked of him / believed of him.

Definitely tough calls this week, And yea I would like Gooch to stay just don't believe they will keep over some of the others, not if Matt, Seeds and Miera come back. Also if I am dropping Murphy its for Stengle and only Stengle. he knows where the goals are.
Problem is once dropped it may be a hard climb back into the side. which is good pressure wise.
Which is why I believe MacKay having his best year in ages due to the talent pushing for spots.
Iron sharpens Iron mate! Its gonna get very tight this week, and only tighter with young guys dominating the SANFL after that.

For what its worth, i'm desperate to see Stengle in the 1's at some point too. He's had 33 shots on goal in 7 games, averaging 4.71 shots per game. Thats just crazy. He really should be leading the goal kicking in the SANFL right now if he kicked a little straighter, as it stands he's only 2 back on 17!

With Seed and Milera back this has to be the week Mackay is out.

All of Brown, Smithers, Laird, Seed and Milera back in. He is part.of that depth chart.

I would want MCrouch, Seed and Milera in.

First two outs would make Gibbs and Mackay. The third is tricky.

I think Atkins adds value when we are playing well.
Murphy and Jones I both like and think they need to play for development.
Gooch we have to persist with, he shows signs of greatness as a forward flanker.

If forced I would probably pick Gooch to be dropped.

I would also keep Hberg in. JJ kicked a bag against short people. The caveat.being if Hberg needs a rest, with the SANFL bye.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ins: Crouch, Seeds, JJ, possibly Milera as well.
Like to see Ned get a game and Stengle keeps kicking goals
Out: Atkins, Gallucci, Kelly after that its a toss up. Jones? Mackay?

4 changes is a lot but I agree with them, I cant see us pushing for 5 or 6 and giving a game to Ned or Stengle. Possibly the following week?

Milera has missed 4 games, it will be interesting just how much conditioning and training he has had over the last couple of weeks as to whether he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 changes is a lot but I agree with them, I cant see us pushing for 5 or 6 and giving a game to Ned or Stengle. Possibly the following week?

Milera has missed 4 games, it will be interesting just how much conditioning and training he has had over the last couple of weeks as to whether he plays.
Hart commented on his Monday video that Milera had a great pre-season and was extremely fit, has continued running throughout his time off, and was in great form when he was injured. Then mentioned based on Thursday's main training would be well and truly up for selection

Hart commented on his Monday video that Milera had a great pre-season and was extremely fit, has continued running throughout his time off, and was in great form when he was injured. Then mentioned based on Thursday's main training would be well and truly up for selection

Thanks. He is a lock for selection then.

I'm thinking we need to hold our nerve on Gooch. Seems to be fast approaching whipping boy status in here, but for me I'm inclined to give him a big slab of games to get his form going. Contrary to popular opinion I think he offers plenty with his attacking style and speed. And now he's going through the midfield a bit more we may actually see it!
You are 100% correct.

Can all the doomsayers get this notion that Douglas is even a 1% chance of coming in this weekend out of their heads please? It is not happening. Zero chance.

FWIW, after listening to press conferences, reading the injury report and analysing the game further, I think the changes will be:

In: Jenkins, Milera, Seedsman, M Crouch

Out: Himmelberg, Atkins, Gibbs, Gallucci (all omitted)

Emg: Fogarty, Hunter, Gibbs, Atkins

Sure, it’s completely unlike us to make 4 unforced changes, but I’m feeling it. Must-win game. Apart from Jenkins (lol), the other ins are all best 18 (I’d argue they’re all best 12).

Milera has been running for weeks now and has a strong fitness base. SANFL bye. Indigenous Round. itshappening.gif

I’m not 100% sure on either Seed or Crouch. We may feel Seed isn’t ready for an AFL game yet. Crouch may not get up. I’m backing them both in though, because there’s been quotes on how much Crouch has improved since last Thursday, and Seed was clearly dominant in the SANFL, even late in the game.

Jenkins in for EH is happening whether we like it or not. An absolute lock.

Ben Hart’s comments re Gibbs were pretty telling. I don’t have a transcript handy but channel 7 news last night covered it pretty well.

Bear in mind some of the vision shown by K Cornes on various footy shows which outlined at least 2-3 pathetic efforts by Gibbs at stoppages on Neale (plus 2 or 3 by CEY), and remember that Gibbs only even played due to Crouch being a late withdrawal, and I think you’ll find he’ll be axed if all these guys are ready.

Atkins dogged it in the first half. 3 touches, including 0 in the first qtr. His opponent (Mitch Robinson) had 18 and a goal to that point and was the 2nd best player on the ground. Don’t even get me started on the pathetic missed tackle on C Cameron early in the 4th quarter near the boundary line which directly resulted in a goal. Oh look, a wingman and an outside utility are ready to return from injury. Bye Rory.

Gallucci is not AFL standard at this stage of his career. He played a decent half against Sydney one time last year from memory, and a nice game in a 100 point win against Carlton in Rd 23. Every other AFL game he’s played to this point has been somewhere between mediocre and utter ****. Not even close to best 22 and was extraordinarily lucky to be selected against the Lions. Will be dropped, and won’t get back in this season IMO. There’s only so long you can survive on athleticism.

McHenry is the smoky. With all these other potential ins, I can’t see it happening this week, but Jesus he’s been unlucky to not debut yet. Only a matter of time.

Gibbs gets a reprieve if Crouch doesn’t come up. Atkins gets a (very lucky) reprieve if the coaches determine that one of Seed or Milera aren’t ready.

Otten or Fog come in if Harto doesn’t get up. Gut feeling is that it would be Fog, as we’ll surely be mindful of WCE’s speedy forward line.

Keath and ROB aren’t on the injury report so we have to assume they’re all good.

One of the more fascinating selection nights in recent years coming up.
The are great changes, assuming Milera is fit.

I would make only 1 adjustment. I would keep Gibbs in the place of Kelly as we really do need another good ball user in defence. Also, gives us more flexibility as we can rotate with Milera & Mackay through the midfield/defence.

B: Brown, Talia, Hartigan (Fogarty)
HB: Smith, Keath, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Milera
HF: Lynch, Jenkins, Jones
F: Betts, Walker, Greenwood
R: O'Brien, Sloane, Brouch
I: Gibbs, CEY, Mackay, Murphy

If we want to keep Gooch, then probably Murphy or Mackay make way, depending on whether we see him more up forward or on a wing.

Changes will be

IN Crouch Milera JJ seeds
Out Murphy Gooch EH jones

Club wants to win not develop
So you insist on playing the same pathetic game on and on and on and on .....

Tired of insisting that Doedee was a poor draft choice or Greenwood and Keath will never be AFL standard ........

How about a wager that Jones plays against the Eagles?

If he is dropped then I will ban myself from Bigfooty for 6 weeks. If he plays then you give us all a 6 week break :).
With three first choice midfielders returning surely the odds are too good for you to to refuse?

Team for wce.
Laird Talia Fogarty
Smith Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Jones
Lynch Walker Mchenry
Stengle Greenwood Betts

ROB MCrouch BCrouch

Knight Jenkins Mackay Kelly

Out: Hartigan concussion Gibbs Atkins Himmelberg Cey Gallucci Murphy

In: Jenkins, Milera, Crouch, Seedsman
Out; Himmelburg, Galluci, Atkins, Mckay/Kelly (both would be very stiff)

Maybe kelly/Mckay would be swapped for CEY/Gibbs?

I think we're startign to ge tthe nucleus of our best 22 back which is exciting. Milera back is huge

So you insist on playing the same pathetic game on and on and on and on .....

Tired of insisting that Doedee was a poor draft choice or Greenwood and Keath will never be AFL standard ........

How about a wager that Jones plays against the Eagles?

If he is dropped then I will ban myself from Bigfooty for 6 weeks. If he plays then you give us all a 6 week break :).
With three first choice midfielders returning surely the odds are too good for you to to refuse?

What are you on about

I want those three to remain in the team, ffs bring in Mchenry and fog aswell Im not fused about the result I believe we should devlop and see if the list is capable instead of this competitive BS

I just fear the club will bring those in as they believe they are still a chance at the flag

Back