Preview Changes: R15 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Greenwood was “omitted” and from memory wasn’t happy. I think this happened more than once that season.
as he was still raw back then this was understandable. Not so much a strategic move as precautionary. A bit like Ned this weekend.

Tex was rested. Talia was too IIRC. All to make us cherry ripe for the QF

Yep. Greenwood was “omitted” and from memory wasn’t happy. I think this happened more than once that season.
as he was still raw back then this was understandable. Not so much a strategic move as precautionary. A bit like Ned this weekend.

Not only that but Tex and Talia magically became injured

Why on earth would you rest people coming off the bye anyway?

You don't want players having essentially three weeks off between games, that would do terrible things to their touch.

Not only that, but the pay off of winning here is absolutely huge. Like, going from a "premiership sleeper/also ran" to a legitimate threat huge.

Lose, and well, we were expected too regardless so there is nothing lost here outside of potential for injuries.

What happens if Jacobs doesn’t take the mark, then what? He has no mobility, no speed, no second efforts, it would be a disaster.
We talking about the same Player, For someone that has no mobility and no second effort he gets a bit of the ball and a couple of contested possessions.
JJ replacement at this time based on today game is a race between Himmelberg and Jacobs.
Like I said Jacobs is in the picture, and Himmelberg did not shut the door on who will replace JJ. he left the door ajar. So it going to be a training track decision by Pyke, whether we like it or not.

We talking about the same Player, For someone that has no mobility and no second effort he gets a bit of the ball and a couple of contested possessions.
JJ replacement at this time based on today game is a race between Himmelberg and Jacobs.
Like I said Jacobs is in the picture, and Himmelberg did not shut the door on who will replace JJ. he left the door ajar. So it going to be a training track decision by Pyke, whether we like it or not.
You are deluded, what happened to Jacobs being trialled up forward today?

You are deluded, what happened to Jacobs being trialled up forward today?
If you bother to read what I said I expected Jacobs would play between 60 and 70% game time in ruck,
I also mentioned it would be more interesting to see if Himmelberg plays the supporting ruck, Funny how you forget that.
by the way did you see the game

After today game Both Himmelberg and Jacobs would be talked about, It does not matter what we think.
And by the way What is wrong with expecting our selection committee to look at all the options, whichever way they go I at least want them to consider every option,
What do you want no discussion about other options?

If you bother to read what I said I expected Jacobs would play between 60 and 70% game time in ruck,
I also mentioned it would be more interesting to see if Himmelberg plays the supporting ruck, Funny how you forget that.
by the way did you see the game

After today game Both Himmelberg and Jacobs would be talked about, It does not matter what we think.
And by the way What is wrong with expecting our selection committee to look at all the options, whichever way they go I at least want them to consider every option,
What do you want no discussion about other options?
“They will both be talked about” a statement you can’t be wrong about.

Will he play? No, stop talking s**t

“They will both be talked about” a statement you can’t be wrong about.

Will he play? No, stop talking ****
Who talking s**t,
If JJ put up the game Himmelberg played today you would be the first to can him and say he should not play, and then heap some rubbish on him.
Himmelberg played an average game for him. but it was not a game to be an automatic selection into the AFL team.
Jacobs will be in the discussion along with Himmelberg for JJ replacement. And should be.
At this Time the Odds favour Himmelberg but I hope he plays better than he did today.

But do you honestly believe we should go own the path and expecting Himmelberg to play in the AFL no discussions allowed,

Who talking ****,
If JJ put up the game Himmelberg played today you would be the first to can him and say he should not play, and then heap some rubbish on him.
Himmelberg played an average game for him. but it was not a game to be an automatic selection into the AFL team.
Jacobs will be in the discussion along with Himmelberg for JJ replacement. And should be.
At this Time the Odds favour Himmelberg but I hope he plays better than he did today.

But do you honestly believe we should go own the path and expecting Himmelberg to play in the AFL no discussions allowed,
I think the idea of playing Jacobs absolutely ludicrous. He is not an AFL forward option. If he doesn’t mark he will have no recovery, no defensive pressure. He will not be able to move around in our forward 50, he’d be stationed at full forward. It would be embarrassing.

Then if he actually rucks he will be taking ruck time away from Rob so that’s another dumb option.

You might as well talk about Stengle replacing Jenkins because that has about as much relevance.

You’ve also said “don’t be surprised” if we go with Jacobs.

You are pushing s**t uphill and I don’t know why.

I think the idea of playing Jacobs absolutely ludicrous. He is not an AFL forward option. If he doesn’t mark he will have no recovery, no defensive pressure. He will not be able to move around in our forward 50, he’d be stationed at full forward. It would be embarrassing.

Then if he actually rucks he will be taking ruck time away from Rob so that’s another dumb option.

You might as well talk about Stengle replacing Jenkins because that has about as much relevance.

You’ve also said “don’t be surprised” if we go with Jacobs.

You are pushing **** uphill and I don’t know why.

Well I am prepared to wait as it could happen either for the Geelong game or even the Port game after,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Sloane and Talia an extra week off.

Farewell game for Otten.

Debut for Ned and Davis.

Let Campo coach on the day. He can audition for the Carlton job.
wait what? Farewell game in front of an opposition crowd? You must really despise Otten

I don’t want to treat theCats game as another bye. I would like to see how our refined game plan goes against one of the best. This means Sloane must play.

Out: Atkins in: Gibbs

wait what? Farewell game in front of an opposition crowd? You must really despise Otten

I don’t want to treat theCats game as another bye. I would like to see how our refined game plan goes against one of the best. This means Sloane must play.

Out: Atkins in: Gibbs
After the game Atkins just played you’ve got him as an out?

Is it April Fools?

I'd love to see Fog played and told to just do Fog. Go as hard and physical as you damn well like.
Make it another statement game? #FogSmash - dont worry about how many games he gets , but make a statement of intent about not wanting to lose at Meth Park. I like the idea

After the game Atkins just played you’ve got him as an out?

Is it April Fools?

Um not April Fools but I find Atkins to be somewhat of a conundrum. But overall I am not confident when he has possession. But that is just me. Gibbs will come back in and it will be a like for like ytype of player you would think. Outside mid for outside mid so that means Crouc, Sloane, Cey and Greenwood shouldn’t make way. Harto maybe th other player but Gibbs is no defender so that won’t work either. I just keep coming back to Atkins. To me it makes sense

Um not April Fools but I find Atkins to be somewhat of a conundrum. But overall I am not confident when he has possession. But that is just me. Gibbs will come back in and it will be a like for like ytype of player you would think. Outside mid for outside mid so that means Crouc, Sloane, Cey and Greenwood shouldn’t make way. Harto maybe th other player but Gibbs is no defender so that won’t work either. I just keep coming back to Atkins. To me it makes sense
Well that’s a concern, seriously since when do we drop a player after a game like Atkins had?

Well that’s a concern, seriously since when do we drop a player after a game like Atkins had?
Imo, Atkins should have been dropped earlier in the year to give him a kick up the arse... but sends the wrong message to drop him after a good game.

Imo, Atkins should have been dropped earlier in the year to give him a kick up the arse... but sends the wrong message to drop him after a good game.
If players are vying for spots the better player should get it. The message would then be; positions are tough and there are no golden tickets so if you want that spot you need to go all in. I have no issue with that message

Who talking ****,

You're wrong. Sauce's game was very ordinary. Himmelberg's, while not great, was better. There's no way Sauce will be in contention to replace JJ. Fog won't be either, after his effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back