Preview Changes: R3 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Pity there isn't a preview thread up. Anyway, for the record, we have only payed two rounds. While the results are disappointing, there is a lot of 2024 yet to go. Things to address to be sure, but no need to develop panic disorder just yet. 'Keep calm and carry on', although not in exactly the same way. Selections will be interesting.
Nothing but a win will do this week. It is win at all costs or this season is looking shot already

Why are our senior* players so sensitive

Meanwhile Rach is like “get me the * in there”

If I were him I wouldn't be so mouthy. His sole centre bounce attendance last week was notable by a pathetically weak effort on his part, noticed, but glossed over by the commentators, which resulted in him not attending further. He needs to develop some hardness.

We are doing Brodie no favours playing him this week. He is horrendously out of form and squibbing contests.

'Manage' him this week and bring him back for a farewell game. He is cooked

What I hate is that we never back in the kids. We throw them to the wolves and then drop them instantly.

If you are a senior player, you get 1-2 months of poor form before a reluctant dropping. See Murphy last year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nicks doesn't want to embarrass a cooked player in his 250th. It should be his final game for the club. If Nicks continues to play him then he's decided to go down with a sinking ship.

Last edited:
This must be the most awkward 250th i've ever seen. Seems like fans, coaches, media and even Brodie Smith himself know he's badly out of form, and doesn't deserve to play this week. And yet they are selecting him on a Tuesday to play his milestone in Fremantle, and giving the full puff piece on AFC media.

Nicks: Great 249th, Brodie. You really settled in after some early jitters.

Brodie: Are you kidding? I reeked.

Nicks: Oh, really? Do reeky players get the game ball? Hey, everybody, let's hear it for Brodie!

Brodie: Umm... gimme a B?

Why are our players so sensitive about the midfield being called vanilla?

******* get on the field and win some matches, don't sook to the media
They should hear the things we call them

After listening to Campo, he provides good analysis.

No more vanilla of Laird, Crouch and Dawson, Nick's must play one of Soligo, Rachelle, Rankine or Pedlar at centre bounce. Edwards, FOG, Hinge and Jones are left field options that should be tried.

Stop going down the wings and go quicker forward, and ensure entries are not kicked just forward of centre but from about 60 metres out. Opposition teams are restricting that so get the better users of the footy delivering into the forwards with chip kicks

All very sensible comments

After listening to Campo, he provides good analysis.

No more vanilla of Laird, Crouch and Dawson, Nick's must play one of Soligo, Rachelle, Rankine or Pedlar at centre bounce. Edwards, FOG, Hinge and Jones are left field options that should be tried.

Stop going down the wings and go quicker forward, and ensure entries are not kicked just forward of centre but from about 60 metres out. Opposition teams are restricting that so get the better users of the footy delivering into the forwards with chip kicks

All very sensible comments
We did that with one play in the 4th quarter and kicked a goal and then went back to bombing......

If I were him I wouldn't be so mouthy. His sole centre bounce attendance last week was notable by a pathetically weak effort on his part, noticed, but glossed over by the commentators, which resulted in him not attending further. He needs to develop some hardness.

That's fair.

Give the 20 year old kid one CBA and if it isn't up to standard pull him immediately.

I think you are correct in giving this Nicks guy the benefit of the doubt! Can you believe some are questioning his decision to limit Pedlar, Rachele and Rankine to a combined 4 CBA's in round 2! Don't these guys know that Nicks has the 16th BEST winning percentage as a head coach in the whole AFL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are our players so sensitive about the midfield being called vanilla?

******* get on the field and win some matches, don't sook to the media
Media to players/coaches 'is your midfield vanilla?'
Players/coaches 'no, we don't think so'

Seriously, are they not allowed to answer a question when asked? They're allowed to defend themselves if criticism comes.

Sooking? There is one person sooking here and it aint the club

Last edited:

Seriously, are they not allowed to answer a question when asked? They're allowed to defend themselves if criticism comes
With a stupid response?

Laird himself even said he’d be spending more time out the middle, so he gets it.

Easy response “yeah maybe we didn’t have the mix right and we will look at that”

How is that embarrassing? They are just answering a question with their opinion on it, or is that not allowed and they need to all be pessimistic sad sacks like this forum?
We prefer them to be realistic not delusional ambassadors like some on this forum….

But you’re patrolling has started early today, are you not on this arvo or are you going to do overtime?

Seriously, are they not allowed to answer a question when asked? They're allowed to defend themselves if criticism comes.

Sooking? There is one person sooking here and it aint the club

Tex said "he needs to be very careful on what he says, I don't think our midfield are vanilla at all"

Had a crack at the person making the comment, comes across very sensitive and sooky

Haha, 'realistic', is that what you call 6 straight days of whinging?
Whinging about a realistic event doesn’t make it less realistic…. You need to look up the definition.

And the topic is paramount given how crucial it is and discussion about how pathetic some of our responses have been is worthy of discussion.

If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Your constant whinging about the board and trying to shut down criticisms is tiresome and pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back