Preview Changes: R3 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

So we couldn’t pull off Plan A,B or C with Stewart and there’s no one but Berry that pays the price?

Mate - its like my signature... The old Craigisms have firmly entrenched themselves into the AFC establishment,

"'You don't need a plan B, just execute plan A better..." :drunk:

So he we are again, so if Murphy sucks again, we’ve put up with 3 s**t games from him at least before we drop him.

As I’ve said numerous times, when we drop him annually it’s not after one bad game, we have to suffer a number of poor games from him before we give him the arse.

As for Nank, shows last year he can play. The side sucks and he can’t get a game, like WTF.
Murphy will get the Mackay treatment when dropped.

Will be a sub or emergency not playing SANFL

And straight back in when Pedlar loses the man-on-man battle with Luke Ryan

Hinge is one of only three players who takes the game on and knows how to run with a footy in hand.
Still needs to play better than he has so far this year

Does scholls performances warrant a return?
Better balanced team than with Berry in the side as now can use Soligo, Rachele & Rankine more through the middle.

... but really should have been Nankervis coming in as has far more upside.

We needed to make a statement with changes dropping poor performing senior players, but we predictably made minimal changes.

Last edited:
You sound defeated
If you check my comments from previous weeks;

1) I have had Nankervis in my 22 from Round One.

2) I would also have had Curtin in from Round 1 providing he was fully fit. Imagine playing a Kid who was not fully fit, he gets injured and I can predict the comments from the Tools and Trolls.

3) I have consistently said that Murphy is not in our best 22. I would have loved to bring in Taylor but sadly he is out with concussion. I really, really hope that Cook doesn’t have his usual 14 disposal, I sale of candy game tomorrow. I would love Dowling, Bond, Ryan or Edwards to demand selection tomorrow.

4) We have a group of players who are not AFL quality (Borlase, Himmelberg, Parnell, Hamill, Sholl, Berry, Strachan, Burgess, Murphy, McHenry) and probably never will be in our best 22. Then we have Brodie Smith and Rory Sloane (and at some stage Tex) who have passed the twilight of their careers.

5) We need to find some quality from Curtin, Nankervis, Taylor, Dowling, Bond, Edwards, Ryan and Gallagher. I have my fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The moment he pulls that lever, where he makes significant changes to the team, he's shitscared that the relationship will be changed forever with the players.

The tragic thing is, he's going to lose trust from the players down this path anyway.

Grow some balls.

What message is he sending to the players?
That he's now comfortable as coach & the players in the team can get comfortable too as he's not going to make many changes regardless of performance.

It's like the Australian cricket team... good luck getting into the side!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back