Preview Changes: R3 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t been this disillusioned since a cooked Gibbs and Douglas were given all of midfield minutes in the SANFL ahead of younger, developing players just so as they could be jettisoned back into the AFL the following week.

What message is he sending to the players?

The message he's intending sending is, 'I'm keeping my head when everyone else is losing theirs, I'm being strong, stoic. We're on the right track, keep going, don't lose faith'.

These are all fair traits to have at times, there is a point of diminishing return though.

I question his judgement in knowing when to change tack. Instead of being really stable and strong he's actually stubborn and unimaginative.

Comes across as he has no answers. That could be the message the players actually get.

I don't know how you can be so wedded to players that have delivered nothing.

This Club literally has an obsession with just selecting proven duds in their last year of contract, would not surprise me if Sholl along with Hamill (when Nicks inevitably selects him too) all play a lot of football this year and then end up not on the list in 2025… at least I’d like to pray both are gone by 2025

What does nankervis have to do to get a game? Came in last year and was superb, hasn't set a foot wrong since, we're 0-2 with a half back in career worst form, we lack any type of flair.

Uninspiring changes
Request a trade.....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nank is best 22 and I don't understand why he is not ahead of Murphy and McHenry in the pecking order.
Leadership/ seniority. Nicks' (totally unfair) pecking order.
Also when are they actually going to give Dowling a chance to prove he's a better option than others in the team?
When the players ahead of him go down with injury (you can rule out being dropped for poor form), or when Hell Freezes over, whichever comes first.
Nick's is now terrified of losing it'll be seniors only for the rest of the season
In 2020/21, he knew they'd lose so he employed his bomb-it-in, slowdown strategy to minimise the size of losses. No blowouts.
It's his go-to Plan A and B now. Nicks is as risk-averse as Sholl is contact-averse.
The "Seniors-Only" is also default. Sometimes, he gives kids a chance but if they fail, they're out, and usually for a while.
Btw, failing Seniors are retained.

Nank is best 22 and I don't understand why he is not ahead of Murphy and McHenry in the pecking order.

Also when are they actually going to give Dowling a chance to prove he's a better option than others in the team?

Nick's is now terrified of losing it'll be seniors only for the rest of the season
Sloane looming in the rear view mirror as well, a much needed senior to steady the ship (t)

If we lose this week, which young player will be the sacrifice next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best possible outcome is we come out and play a blinder nobody saw coming.

The worst possible outcome is that we play as badly as we have in rounds one and two but the fourth quarter comeback sticks and suddenly everything's fine again after a (stunning!) two point win.

Somewhere in between those two outcomes? I just expect us to lose by four goals and for some unknown reason we exchange Sholl back for Berry in round 4.

Nup, I will never understand gifting a game based on sentiment over form.
This would be the ideal time to send the message!

You earn games not gift!

At Adelaide we gift games

McKay, Murphy now smith.

I like smith he’s just not in good form and is not going to win us a premiership. Drop him and get him to prove himself

Jaspa Fletcher, pick 12 in 2022 so 2nd year in the comp, playing wing for Brisbane tonight. A grand final side from last year.

Meanwhile, Rash (pick 6 in his 3rd year) and Peds (pick 9 in 4th year) can’t get out of our forward line.

Let that sink in.
Nicks clearly forgot he played them there and thought it was Laird.

Back in the boys. What a bunch of arseholes these coaches are. * them. Dean Bailey and Phil Walsh are dead and these campaigners get to not only be alive but also spread misery with their radioactive incompetence.

How the * on planet Earth is Nankervis not in the side? How are Smith and Murphy still getting games after 2 explosively s**t performances. 5th season under Nicks and the club is in full reverse with the pedal to the floor.

I shouldn't be surprised, I am, because of misguided hope that the pressure on the club would result in them actually taking positive action. A pile of floating shits, the lot of them.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back