Preview Changes: R3 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

For all you guys criticizing selection, what happens if we win this week? Is Nicks vindicated and your theories about selection relegated?

This was exactly what the round 3 thread was like last year too.

Darcy being out for them is a massive advantage for us. I know Jackson has been in great form I think he might not go so well against a brute ruckman that forces things contested all the time tho.
It was about this time last year a heap were calling for Milera to be dropped, That died down pretty quickly.

That back six looks really exploitable - we're asking a lot of Keane (11 games), Borlase (5 games), Worrell (19 games) and Michalanney (24 games). Even Hinge at 45 games. Smith clearly gets a pass because of his experience. His 250 games vs 104 for the other five combined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That back six looks really exploitable - we're asking a lot of Keane (11 games), Borlase (5 games), Worrell (19 games) and Michalanney (24 games). Even Hinge at 45 games. Smith clearly gets a pass because of his experience. His 250 games vs 104 for the other five combined.

And now Smith is horrendously out of form so backline looks even iffier

Anyone still thinking Berry is capable of being an A grader?
No, to fumbly and not enough hurt factor with his disposal. At best maybe his ceiling is playing a role like Drew does for Port as a more defensive minded midfielder, but I wouldn’t play him in the same midfield as Laird and Crouch.

I would pick him ahead of Murphy and see if he could play the high HF/extra mid for a couple of weeks before putting a line through his name.

Nope but he could definitely play as a pressure forward instead of whatever the hell Murphys role is, he can kick goals and can definitely tackle.

How can you eliminate a role if you don't know what the role is and how important it is?

Seems to me that Nicksy is one step ahead of Fr0ggy.

Anyone still thinking Berry is capable of being an A grader?
Nope. Was apparent in his first year. The stocks of the inside mid with no hurt factor are at historic lows. Hell you’ve got a Brownlow medalist and premiership player in Mitchell at his third club who no one rates at all. Probably one of the most decorated players in the game right now. And I wouldn’t want him as we’ve got 3 of hims already.

No, to fumbly and not enough hurt factor with his disposal. At best maybe his ceiling is playing a role like Drew does for Port as a more defensive minded midfielder, but I wouldn’t play him in the same midfield as Laird and Crouch.

I would pick him ahead of Murphy and see if he could play the high HF/extra mid for a couple of weeks before putting a line through his name.

Playing in a midfield with 2 huge accumulators leaves not much opportunity. There's only so much ball that can be won.

Hell you’ve got a Brownlow medalist and premiership player in Mitchell at his third club who no one rates at all. Probably one of the most decorated players in the game right now.

No one rates Tom Mitchell?

Guy who was 4th in a premiership sides best and fairest just 6 months ago?

Playing in a midfield with 2 huge accumulators leaves not much opportunity. There's only so much ball that can be won.

I watched the game last night and thought the Lions were doing a similar thing to us in the middle. They were often winning the initial clearance, but then losing possession.

If we can’t get Dawson back into form, hitting targets, hurting in the middle … if we don’t use Peds and Soligo and Rachele and Rankine to shake up the midfield … then I can see us winning the clearances and still getting done easily.

If we don’t at least start trying to hit the leading forwards … our scoring will continue to be abysmal, our scoreboard pressure non existent, our hopes of growing into a dangerous team dashed again. Tex / Fog / Pedlar / Rankine / Rachele are no good in a pack marking situation … but a fast moving open space forward line with decent supply, that’s these guys Bread and butter.

I again am looking at our defenders - Max, Wayne, Brodie, Josh and Mitch are all naturally attacking players. I’d better see that shine through, not them swallowing down their instincts and embracing the fear of mistakes!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back