Preview Changes: R5 2021 vs Fremantle

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Well, a lad named McAsey doddling nowhere in the SANFL could be taking a look at CHF in the SANFL to see if he can fire a bullet (he did play most of his footy there), since Berg and Frampsy are wamsy pamsy and RT is yet ready and steady but perhaps my grand idea is too logical bogical.
McAsey is gone, will be traded at year's end.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Think we'll get a touch up tomorrow from Freo. Will be pleasantly surprised if we don't.

Lynch, Walker, Kelly, McAdam and Smith all listed as having an issue, yet all magically fit to play.
Was Walker an injury issue or just a rest from his workload during that main training session? Thought I heard something that meant it was the latter, could be wrong though

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Getting a win on the board is a false economy and keeps the apricot slices happy. Yay
All depends on how we win.

If we can get it done with a patchwork midfield against Fyfe, Mundy and Co, with the kids leading the way again...then great.

If we play like we did last week we'll get beaten comfortably

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
All depends on how we win.

If we can get it done with a patchwork midfield against Fyfe, Mundy and Co, with the kids leading the way again...then great.

If we play like we did last week we'll get beaten comfortably
I’m not worried about the midfield in all of that.
I want Worrell in the backline and Thilthorpe in the forward and forget the apricot slice.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I’m not worried about the midfield in all of that.
I want Worrell in the backline and Thilthorpe in the forward and forget the apricot slice.
I would also like that. I mean the defence is full of kids, I'd settle for a Murray inclusion.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I would also like that. I mean the defence is full of kids, I'd settle for a Murray inclusion.
You know to fit Worrell you could shift Hamill to wing in place of Seed. Or vice versa. Seeds playing for his life right now for sure.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
You know to fit Worrell you could shift Hamill to wing in place of Seed. Or vice versa. Seeds playing for his life right now for sure.
And I don't mind that, as long as he does play well.

He'd know he's on the edge, and is playing like he knows he needs to save his career. Kelly against the GC the same.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Yep, I'd be shocked if he doesn't come in

It'll be Murray for Kelly and Hately as sub, though. Which actually isn't a bad thing, gives us that extra height in defence
Just seems odd to have Murray sub, and not play a game this week.

Hately would have to be the sub.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Nah, keep Seed in. Arguably in some of the form of his career right now

EDIT: apart from that 1st quarter against GC, of course
He is because he has heat. One mare and it might be it.
I’m bullish on progression of the squad.
There’s been a few times Seed ain’t up to the fight when the game gets physical

CrowBox89

Debutant
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
So freo go sit someone on Laird from the opening bounce and shut him down, so we turn to fog the midfielder to pick up the slack who couldnt draw a footy in the middle last week against north.... meanwhile hately is stuck twiddling his thumbs as the sub and brayshaw, Fyfe, Mundy & Cerra are running us ragged... really hoping for a late change and hately plays or this could be one of the dumbest selections from us in a while.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He is because he has heat. One mare and it might be it.
I’m bullish on progression of the squad.
There’s been a few times Seed ain’t up to the fight when the game gets physical
I've always been of the view that Seed is a confidence player, give him a run of games and he'll perform as a good wingman should. I see where you're coming from, but IMO this is the most confident Seed has been in years, probably since 2018

I don't think we have many that can do what he can off a wing (provide overlap run and metres gained). Extremely important to maintain some kind of resemblance of an attacking gameplan.

Hamill could play his role, but wouldn't accumulate enough right now to play it as effectively. Besides, I think Hamill will end up best used as an attacking half-back that can push onto a wing

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I've always been of the view that Seed is a confidence player, give him a run of games and he'll perform as a good wingman should. I see where you're coming from, but IMO this is the most confident Seed has been in years, probably since 2018

I don't think we have many that can do what he can off a wing (provide overlap run and metres gained). Extremely important to maintain some kind of resemblance of an attacking gameplan.

Hamill could play his role, but wouldn't accumulate enough right now to play it as effectively. Besides, I think Hamill will end up best used as an attacking half-back that can push onto a wing
What, like Smith?
Yeah I agree he is the first choice cos he’s done what is asked. Maybe I’m just saying he is the easiest one to come out position wise when he has a down game.
All good for him if he keeps it up.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
What, like Smith?
Yeah I agree he is the first choice cos he’s done what is asked. Maybe I’m just saying he is the easiest one to come out position wise when he has a down game.
All good for him if he keeps it up.
Yes like Smith (though Seed plays more consistently up the ground), but they're our two best at that role by far. Sholl is more the classy, skilled outside mid with the incredible tank, whereas Seed is more dynamic. They actually make quite a good pair as a wing duo IMO

I do see where you're coming from, but I think it'll be hard to displace Seed if he keeps up this form. Our third wingman Lynch, on the other hand...

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That's how it should be. If senior guys are playing good footy then they stay. It's them playing good footy that helps the kids do their bit with less pressure.

As soon as that falls away then there's no point having said senior players in the 22.

By and large our senior players, as few as they are, have played well. Lynch and Seedsman have had bad days for sure and Kelly.... Well yeah.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yes like Smith (though Seed plays more consistently up the ground), but they're our two best at that role by far. Sholl is more the classy, skilled outside mid with the incredible tank, whereas Seed is more dynamic. They actually make quite a good pair as a wing duo IMO

I do see where you're coming from, but I think it'll be hard to displace Seed if he keeps up this form. Our third wingman Lynch, on the other hand...
I haven’t felt Seed has failed in his cross to the club.
I’ve felt the reason stayed the same though.
I feel that the ducks will fall in a row as far as the shape of the 22 is when he transitions out. That’s why he’s where he is right now.
I don’t have figures at the top of my head but I don’t think by any means his metres gained are huge this year and I don’t really like the metric unless you’re hitting targets.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I haven’t felt Seed has failed in his cross to the club.
I’ve felt the reason stayed the same though.
I feel that the ducks will fall in a row as far as the shape of the 22 is when he transitions out. That’s why he’s where he is right now.
I don’t have figures at the top of my head but I don’t think by any means his metres gained are huge this year and I don’t really like the metric unless you’re hitting targets.
Seed is 6th in the comp for metres gained per game this year, while going at 81% DE. Obviously a small sample size, but his next best year for metres gained was 2018 (IMO his overall best year with us), where he finished 8th in the comp

Yes he's getting towards the end of his career, particularly given his injury history, but hard to say this isn't career-best form IMO

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a cultural and philosophy failure from previous years - we need to get rid of it ASAP.

Unchanged isn’t a positive unless you’re a contender.
Yeah but during the week Matty likes the way “Bull” and “Bill” go about it and gets along really well with them, that’s the positive

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Seed is 6th in the comp for metres gained per game this year, while going at 81% DE. Obviously a small sample size, but his next best year for metres gained was 2018 (IMO his overall best year with us), where he finished 8th in the comp

Yes he's getting towards the end of his career, particularly given his injury history, but hard to say this isn't career-best form IMO
I don’t discourage him but yeah small sample size. Same as the Lynch one.
It’s like why do Kane Cornes and Rucci say that he’s in awesome form? Cos they want Fogarty.

Back