Preview Changes: R5 2021 vs Fremantle

blitzen666

Debutant
Sep 20, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, New York Giants
Walker Kelly and Lynch all potentially coming in underdone. I rate freo so this should be a good indication of where we are at

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
What are the odds that they were praising the strong 4th quarter in their post game analysis? Pretty good I think. How can you drop anyone from the team that managed to overrun such a powerful opponent. :drunk:

Gotta back the boys in to respond though!!!! Except it sure would be great if one or two were backed in to respond in the SANFL.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Walker Kelly and Lynch all potentially coming in underdone. I rate freo so this should be a good indication of where we are at
If they are underdone we are at appeasement of the masses and It shows Nicks is compromised

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Fampton wasn't playing exclusive as a decoy, he had chances to take mark inside 50 and also missed some gettable goals.
Yeah he’s going to get some looks but he’s definitely clearing space and taking away a defender, no?

Murphy, McAdam and Rowe are doing better.

Murphy more up the ground/forward, Rowe and McAdam natural goal kickers.

Newchurch will be banging that small forward door down soon. Genuine, very quick leg speed and goal nous. We lack keg speed.

Not at all.

Rowe is completely off the mark. Performance wise, Jimmy is our worst small forward and there is daylight between him and everyone else. Though I'm happy to give Rowe time to work it out, he's young and showed some promising signs, however he's rated ok in goals and below average everywhere else.

Ned is also outperforming Murphy in both offense and defens at the moment, and that's with the disadvantage of not being in the middle either. It's close but Ned is getting more ball, hitting the scoreboard just as often (though with much better accuracy), offering equal score involvements and more defense.

McAdam is probably the closest to McHenry in terms of performance (and really I could be persuaded it's a tie). McAdam only has goals, and has been close to useless in every other facet of the game. That said, it's over 2 a game and I'm willing to overlook a lot of sins for someone averaging 2+ goals a game in the right set up. They're a pretty good pairing, all things considered. Against McHenry who has produced elite defense and ok offensive stats.

The only "small" forward who is comfortably outperforming McHenry is Schoenberg.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not at all.

Rowe is completely off the mark. Performance wise, Jimmy is our worst small forward and there is daylight between him and everyone else. Though I'm happy to give Rowe time to work it out, he's young and showed some promising signs, however he's rated ok in goals and below average everywhere else.

Ned is also outperforming Murphy in both offense and defens at the moment, and that's with the disadvantage of not being in the middle either. It's close but Ned is getting more ball, hitting the scoreboard just as often (though with much better accuracy), offering equal score involvements and more defense.

McAdam is probably the closest to McHenry in terms of performance (and really I could be persuaded it's a tie). McAdam only has goals, and has been close to useless in every other facet of the game. That said, it's over 2 a game and I'm willing to overlook a lot of sins for someone averaging 2+ goals a game in the right set up. They're a pretty good pairing, all things considered. Against McHenry who has produced elite defense and ok offensive stats.

The only "small" forward who is comfortably outperforming McHenry is Schoenberg.
Damn you and your facts

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
"Well, a lad named McAsey doddling nowhere in the SANFL could be taking a look at CHF in the SANFL to see if he can fire a bullet (he did play most of his footy there), since Berg and Frampsy are wamsy pamsy and RT is yet ready and steady but perhaps my grand idea is too logical bogical.
What is this ?

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Not at all.

As much as I like Ned, I'm not sure about the comparison between him and Rowe?

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 6.29.00 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 6.29.17 am.png

Ned obviously the better pressure player, which is why I think we need to persist with him (different kind of small role), but we've put each of them in for a reason. Give them an extended run of games to gain confidence, then they'll become confident forward/midfielder types

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was Walker an injury issue or just a rest from his workload during that main training session? Thought I heard something that meant it was the latter, could be wrong though

It was said that he took a knock to the calf prior to drills starting. There was footage of his calf being looked at. It was then said it was normal management as I don't think he took part in the actual session. Pick whichever you prefer.

"Well, a lad named McAsey doddling nowhere in the SANFL could be taking a look at CHF in the SANFL to see if he can fire a bullet (he did play most of his footy there), since Berg and Frampsy are wamsy pamsy and RT is yet ready and steady but perhaps my grand idea is too logical bogical.
Is this a stroke?

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
The youngest side playing our the oldest team possible each week.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

15 players with less than 50 games AFL experience and an average age of 24.29 years of age and 63.8 average games experience for our 22 this week.

Compared to Freo who have 7 with less than 50 games experience, average age of 25.18 and 87 games average experience

North - 13 players selected with 50 games or less, average age of 24.13 and 71.5 games experience.

Suns - 10 players with 50 games or less, average age of 24.4, 71.72 games experience.

I think selection is fine, kids are being played. Probably the least experienced side in the comp this week, and 2nd youngest average age.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
15 players with less than 50 games AFL experience and an average age of 24.29 years of age and 63.8 average games experience for our 22 this week.

Compared to Freo who have 7 with less than 50 games experience, average age of 25.18 and 87 games average experience

North - 13 players selected with 50 games or less, average age of 24.13 and 71.5 games experience.

Suns - 10 players with 50 games or less, average age of 24.4, 71.72 games experience.

I think selection is fine, kids are being played. Probably the least experienced side in the comp this week, and 2nd youngest average age.

The reason it looks like that is we've had a culture of playing our most experienced side each week, even when injured. The fact that we're still doing that, less Mackay who missed as sub last week. So there is reasonable concern that the culture hasn't changed as there's a difference between choice and necessity. What it looks like this week is that we'd still prefer to play a senior under duress than a fully fit replacement. It may turn out that they're all fine, but we've got 5 under a cloud and they've all gotten up at this moment. In a rebuilding side with Worrell having put in 2 excellent games, why bother waiting on a game day fitness test for Jake Kelly?

Back