Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be very interesting as to where they play him
Gut feel is Jones and Hamill go out, Curtin comes in at HB and Smith goes back up to the wing like the end of last season

Then it’s a matter of whether we bring in Schoenberg, Berry or Murphy for Pedlar, my preference in that order

shocked oh my GIF

If he plays on Dixon at any point, I'll melt. Needs to be half back flank, maybe with some wing.
There's no chance he plays on Dixon unless it's a rotation thing for a few minutes or something. Butts/Borlase, Keane and Worrell will all be more likely to get a strict defensive role.

He'll be half-back and I'm sure he'll get some sort of defensive duty but it won't be permanently marking a key forward.

Is his parents traveling for the game?

What a baptism of fire for the kid, a debut in a Showdown.

In hindsight, holding off debuting him away in Tasmania is probably the first ounce of common sense the club has shown in a while.

This is the perfect week for it, particularly as it's our home Showdown.

There's no chance he plays on Dixon unless it's a rotation thing for a few minutes or something. Butts/Borlase, Keane and Worrell will all be more likely to get a strict defensive role.

He'll be half-back and I'm sure he'll get some sort of defensive duty but it won't be permanently marking a key forward.
Any chance they will send him occasionally deep forward and stretch the Power with Aliir out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surly Rozee will be late out, Port playing mind games, Has a scan on the Saturday showing minor hamstring strain but fit to play 6 days later? I smell desperation from port and imagine if he does it proper and misses 3-6 what's more important the showdown or your season. To be fair doesn't surprise me with ports track record with their medico's

When has there ever been a 6 day hamstring injury? Even at the lower end of the scale it’s always at least one week, otherwise chance of turning it into a severe tear are super high. Can’t imagine he will be able to run at full speed either.
Even Brett Burton would insist on an extra weeks rest

Surly Rozee will be late out, Port playing mind games, Has a scan on the Saturday showing minor hamstring strain but fit to play 6 days later? I smell desperation from port and imagine if he does it proper and misses 3-6 what's more important the showdown or your season. To be fair doesn't surprise me with ports track record with their medico's
A baffling call that could potentially impact their season if he does it properly
Will be be interesting to see if it is mind games, and if he does play, if he looks restricted. If he cant stretch out / is hampered, they would be better off playing someone else.

When has there ever been a 6 day hamstring injury? Even at the lower end of the scale it’s always at least one week, otherwise chance of turning it into a severe tear are super high. Can’t imagine he will be able to run at full speed either.

Once again Port show they have zero faith in anyone outside the 23. Why anyone sticks around there is beyond me. They also have a history of being cavalier with injuries so there is little surprise here.

Or maybe they are feigning to stay relevant in a newsweek dominated by the Crows.

Back