Opinion Changes R9 v Norf Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we all ready for Bryce's return this week?

I heard Rowie this morning say that North's injury list is massive and this will be the most winnable game this year. I have no doubt that the club will be doing everything in it's power this week to get a win.

IN- Gibbs. Kelly
Out- B Crouch, Doedee

Don't forget Atkins and possibly even Knight in for two kids

Are we all ready for Bryce's return this week?

I heard Rowie this morning say that North's injury list is massive and this will be the most winnable game this year. I have no doubt that the club will be doing everything in it's power this week to get a win.

IN- Gibbs. Kelly
Out- B Crouch, Doedee
A win will make me feel a lot better. Not. A win will only ensure the pressure is not on our Administration for a week. Want the pressure to stay on them until they do the right thing and leave.

Who's ready for spoonbowl?

*tumbleweed blows by*
We have you comfortably covered for the spoon.

You will need to make do with pick #2...unless we get comp for Brouch, then pick #3 ;)

A win will make me feel a lot better. Not. A win will only ensure the pressure is not on our Administration for a week. Want the pressure to stay on them until they do the right thing and leave.

How about a win will at least not see us be the last team in umpteen years to have a winless season.

A win would also do wonders for the confidence of the young players. Constant losses has a long term negative affect on players.

I don't think winning 1 or 2 games (hopeful at best) is going to make much difference to the off field team.

We have you comfortably covered for the spoon.

You will need to make do with pick #2...unless we get comp for Brouch, then pick #3 ;)
They're looking at pick #3 or #4. Ugle-Hagan will go 1st or 2nd, and the Bulldogs will match the bid, pushing them down another position.

I think Gibbs will play too.

But, if Gibbs attitude is good, his form is good I can't see why he wouldn't be a useful part of a midfield rotation, assuming that is, its Gibbs for BCrouch, not Gibbs for Jones, for example.

In get everyone wants every position to be filled with the youngest player we can find, but we need someone to at least get there hands on the ball.

I'd still like to see Schoenberg play.
I agree. If he’s put in the hard yards and has a better attitude. Reward him. He has another on his contract, I would be looking use that in Crows advantage. They have about 10 players playing with less than 30 combined experience. Experience players are in important to get these young guys to 50 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Doedee misses, will we bring back Kelly or provide an opportunity for Butts?

Will be (another) quite telling selection decision. Kelly is a steady trier who puts in and has courage but has obvious limitations. We know what he gives us. Whereas Butts is the unknown. We possibly wouldn't have know what Hamill was capable of at AFL level without Milera's injury.

If the Injury Gods deliver another development opportunity gift horse to us will we accept it?
I'd play Worrell instead. He seems to be a bit more mobile and flexible.

I'd play Worrell instead. He seems to be a bit more mobile and flexible.
Fair enough.

A couple of good options there to venture into the unknown and one option to go back to what we know.

Really interested to see where we are at though I guess we'll name Doedee on Thursday even if he isn't likely to come up.

It's been a club rule that our captains must play while injured even if there is no discernible reason to do so, so it's almost a two fold test for Nicks

1) Will Nicks* needlessly risk Doedee's hamstring in what is effectively a season of dead rubbers for us?
2) *If* Nicks passes Test #1, will he go back to a known player who has been a regular in our descent, or will he cast an eye over a new guy?

*and the selection committee

Fair enough.

A couple of good options there to venture into the unknown and one option to go back to what we know.

Really interested to see where we are at though I guess we'll name Doedee on Thursday even if he isn't likely to come up.

It's been a club rule that our captains must play while injured even if there is no discernible reason to do so, so it's almost a two fold test for Nicks

1) Will Nicks* needlessly risk Doedee's hamstring in what is effectively a season of dead rubbers for us?
2) *If* Nicks passes Test #1, will he go back to a known player who has been a regular in our descent, or will he cast an eye over a new guy?

*and the selection committee
There really is no need to risk him, I'd be filthy if we did.

We went winless in my first year of seniors footy in the country. It was over 30 years ago and I still remember how s**t is was by the end of the season, rolling up knowing we were not going to win. I don't think I could have done 2 years of it.

It's about balance. We would do better long term if we won a couple (even if we missed pick 1), while giving games to kids where we they the chance of a win. Kids/ losses at all costs isn't the answer.

Which ever one of you posters is the AFC club BF mole, I think we would all love to see one of those early "He's going to make his debut this week" videos posted before the teams go up.

One of his weapons is his clean ball take under his knees and this is just another example hitting it at speed and having a clean take.
When I spoke to ROB in the preseason, Schoenberg was the one he was excited about playing with in the midfield with his clean hands and burst from stoppages.

We went winless in my first year of seniors footy in the country. It was over 30 years ago and I still remember how sh*t is was by the end of the season, rolling up knowing we were not going to win. I don't think I could have done 2 years of it.

It's about balance. We would do better long term if we won a couple (even if we missed pick 1), while giving games to kids where we they the chance of a win. Kids/ losses at all costs isn't the answer.
This is spot on

A handful of wins will be valuable if there's a healthy number of young players in the line up. Learning, developing, gaining confidence.

A handful of wins with most of the old guys actually will make things worse because it will mean we're still on the way down. Coming last with a majority of players who won't improve doesn't leave many places for us to go.

Coming in late on this but thank fu@k that this game isn’t in Tasmania.

We will pinch this one, I feel it in my loins.

I know I said this last week, but this time I really mean it.

I am all for the tankbowl.

What's this, goals in our highlight videos?

I'm shocked by this development.
Personally I'm not reading too much into scratch matches where it's 12 - 14 a side and what is it 8 minute "quarters"....No real resemblance to the congested shitfest most AFL games have been this season.

Coming in late on this but thank fu@k that this game isn’t in Tasmania.

We will pinch this one, I feel it in my loins.

I know I said this last week, but this time I really mean it.

Majak Daw is making his return after a long time out and having gone through hell. They will be pretty fired up I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back