Preview Changes v Tiggers - Round 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna be an exhaustive MC this week.

Plenty of VFL players with their hands up. 3 definite outs and a few in the 1s whose form is wobbly.

Of the injuries, English is a tall forward/2nd Ruck and Schache has been playing that role we'll all year at VFL level. Has played big AFL games at MCG before. Simple choice for mine.

West must've been perilously close to getting the Jong role this week and did well again

Lipinski comes in for Dunkley.

After that, Vandermeer has been poor since R1 and really offered nothing last night. I'd send him to the 2s for some touch and confidence.

Smith, Scott and JJ could also be discussed as outs on form.

There are a few good options to choose from. For mine Garcia and Hannan are close but need at least 1 more week to build their tanks and further regain their touch. The 2 I'd strongly consider are Wallis and Butler.

Wallis is probably the safer call but lacks that bit of pace that VDM offers. I thought Butler has been outstanding the past 2 weeks with his hard running, strong contest and ball use. I'd pick him.

In: West, Lipinski, Schache, Butler
Out: Jong, Dunkley, English (all injured), VDM.

I'd also bring in McNeil into the 22 for Scott as Sub.

Gonna be an exhaustive MC this week.

Plenty of VFL players with their hands up. 3 definite outs and a few in the 1s whose form is wobbly.

Of the injuries, English is a tall forward/2nd Ruck and Schache has been playing that role we'll all year at VFL level. Has played big AFL games at MCG before. Simple choice for mine.

West must've been perilously close to getting the Jong role this week and did well again

Lipinski comes in for Dunkley.

After that, Vandermeer has been poor since R1 and really offered nothing last night. I'd send him to the 2s for some touch and confidence.

Smith, Scott and JJ could also be discussed as outs on form.

There are a few good options to choose from. For mine Garcia and Hannan are close but need at least 1 more week to build their tanks and further regain their touch. The 2 I'd strongly consider are Wallis and Butler.

Wallis is probably the safer call but lacks that bit of pace that VDM offers. I thought Butler has been outstanding the past 2 weeks with his hard running, strong contest and ball use. I'd pick him.

In: West, Lipinski, Schache, Butler
Out: Jong, Dunkley, English (all injured), VDM.

I'd also bring in McNeil into the 22 for Scott as Sub.
Seems about right. Bevo was quite positive about Butler in his presser when forecasting possible replacements. Garcia got a few mentions too so he'd be in the mix too.

Out: English, Dunks, Jong, Scott

In: Schache, West, Lip, McNeil

Lip pushes Baz back into the midfield rotations to cover Dunks. West can have a run through there as well. Schache plays forward/2nd ruck to give Martin a chop out. McNeils starting to really get going now, a lot to like still needs to sharpen up his disposal but he’s coming along.

That was Scott’s best game but I still didn’t like it, that’s really as good as it’s going to get with him and he’s just not good enough in most aspects, pretty fumbly, skills are average, he’s slow with the ball and his pressure is only okay. He can be sub for mine.

VDM has been poor too, something looks off. If he’s fit though I’m leaving him in to turn it around, he provides so much more than any other player defensively with his pace in our front half. No one else brings that, even while he’s been poor offensively. If he’s carrying an injury rest him up and get him right. Probably Cav in for him if that’s the case.

If I had my way I’d probably be playing Young over Cordy. Cordys just too slow for the way our backline plays and he’ll just constantly get done over the back. Young’s not perfect but I feel more comfortable with him. Won’t happen though. Would even consider Buku but it’s a big ask for the kid.

Garcia, Hannan both next in line but I think they need more time. And I wouldn’t be against JUH coming in too to be honest, even alongside Shach, Bruce & Naughty

I don't think the Tigers are the side to go in too tall. Sweet in will reduce our run and doesn't require the same attention in the F50 as English does. The Tigers based their game on manic run and pressure, so I think that likely rules Schache out as well. But I haven't seen any VFL form or matches.

I think you will get Lipinski in, West in and ???? Perhaps Weightman ?? Forward/mid pressure and link up play from all three. Likely to all have good hands and be able to keep the ball moving.

Will Hayes come on down.

Will Hayes come on down.

No

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the same back spasms which can often be hamstring-related. Just not moving well and needs a few weeks on the sidelines to get his body right methinks.

You'd have to think West is a walk-up start now.

I know I dealt with back spasms after a nasty case of bursitis in my foot. My walk was off and that threw my back off.

At 6 and zip this is a free hit against the Tigers and a great test.

I'm pretty happy with Westy, Lip and Schache coming in. They were a level above on Thursday night (against a very ordinary side admittedly).
Also McNeil to move into the 22.

Out English - In Schache
Out Dunkley - In West
Out Jong - In Lipinski
Out Scott - In Garcia

Vandermeer very lucky - unless he's possibly dealing with an injury, I think a couple of runs dominating in the VFL would do him a world of good.

Don't know if McNeil now still gets his managed week off?

I'd be excited to see how Schache goes as part of the three-headed monster setup, especially against Richmond. And would love to see West get a midfield spot. A few times in the pre-season, he just looked primed and ready - massive game in front of 65k+ at the 'G would be such a great stage to announce himself to the footy world.

The whole reason Lipinski gets dropped regularly is because his defensive pressure isn't good enough and he's not suited to playing wing...
Lipinski is an inside midfielder all the way, not a winger. He is competing with Wallis and West to replace Dunkley.

I rate him as an inside mid but I don't think he'll be picked there. Hasn't happened since 2019 despite there being plenty of room for him there last year. Maybe Bevo will prove me wrong but I think he'll be brought in and it'll be for a wing role for better or worse

In some ways Schache as the 3rd head is more exciting than Timmy. He is a more natural forward and has a better feel for leading patterns and creating space. Could be a boon for the other 2 heads.
Schache fanboys actually believe this?

I know English played a stinker against GWS, but please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back