Preview Changes vs GC Suns (Sat 16 April, 4:35pm @ Marvel)

Remove this Banner Ad

No resting anyone. Just keep putting teams to the sword.

However if we are to rest players (like Martin for example) we need to keep the same structure. Timmy should just continue in that forward/ruck role instead of giving him sole ruck duties again.
Martins had such a huge workload over the past month and he’s so important for us to keep fit i think it’s a really good opportunity to freshen him up this week. Agreed keep the same structure so straight swap for Sweet whose deserving of a taste at the level.

Out - martin
In - Schache

Out - McNeill
In - Cavarra

Out - Scott
In - Lipinski

FB: Wood Young Dale
HB: Daniel Keath Williams
C: Smith Macrae Hunter
HF: Vandermeer Schache Bonti
FF: Cavarra Bruce Naughton
R: English Treloar Libba
IC: JJ, Lipinski, Dunkley, Duryea

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I like the idea of resting Martin, but would love to what sweet has to offer.
Also prefer West, he has more mongrel than Lippy.

Martin has been a huge influence in the ruck for us, and has been instrumental in some of our wins so far, but hasn't necessarily had a massive impact around the ground. It's for that reason that I feel a tap ruckman like Sweet may actually do well in our side. I'm far more confident having us play Sweet at some point this year than I ever was last year. The gain we get from freeing up English into that ruck/forward role is more than worth the loss from having a number 1 ruck who doesn't necessarily dominate around the ground.

By no means am I trying to talk down Martin's influence outside the ruck, I'm just saying he's not exactly having the same presence as English around the ground so I really feel that Sweet and English could combine a lot better than I used to think

Is anyone else concerned about Mumford in round six? There's no single player in the AFL more capable of physically hurting you. I'm concerned about the physical damage he will probably cause our players. He tackles to hurt and has a history of succeeding. Playing against Mumford seven days prior to our biggest clash of the season is suboptimal.

Agree, this week would be good to rest Martin and let Timmy and maybe Sweet/Schache handle the ruck as we need him fit and ready for the Plastics and Mumford. If Timmy had to face up to Mumford alone he'd kill him as Mumfords aim is just to injure players rather than going for the ball (as he did when he jumped on Libba a few years ago and broke his ribs), he's just a thug that is protected by the league because he plays for the plastics. At least Martin has the body strength to match him.

Ok It's just John Ralph trying to get him suspended and not something from AFL. The umps gave a Free to Lions for the tackle so doubt it will require further action.

Are you ******* kidding me, that is not a dispensable tackle. It’s all about the outcome isn’t it? He didn’t hit his *ing head

Scott out
One of Lipinski/Cavarra/West/Wallis/Jong in.

Plenty are ahead of Scott in output and potential. Very odd that he's playing. I understand not wanting to change a winning side but Bevo had no problem dropping Wallis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t be inclined to rest Martin unless he actually needs it. Only Martin and the coaching staff know this.

I would bring in our best performing small forward for Scott. And maybe Lip for McNeil.

Not sure why Daniel is copping a lot of heat after one poor game. He is our reigning B&F winner and been reasonable in the first three games (although a couple clangers which is unlike him).

I wouldn’t be inclined to rest Martin unless he actually needs it. Only Martin and the coaching staff know this.

I would bring in our best performing small forward for Scott. And maybe Lip for McNeil.

Not sure why Daniel is copping a lot of heat after one poor game. He is our reigning B&F winner and been reasonable in the first three games (although a couple clangers which is unlike him).
That was one person talking saying he should be dropped. The rest of us are talking about Barrett and the Hun calling for him to be suspended over some tackle.

2 goals to our zero, alot more possessions, from 44-61 inside fiftys

regardless, no one could be happy with our small forward output recently
2 goals? Both Lyons and Bailey were on the ball when they kicked their goals, both contested the next centre bounce and both spent considerable time in the midfield? Truth is neither side had influential small forwards and Brisbane have one of the best in the business, I'd argue that our smalls ran harder and longer than theres.
That said I'd be looking to give both McNeil & Scott a spell and bring in West & Cav and lets see how hungry they are?
:)

Pretty harsh call. Caleb has had 28, 26 &30 the first 3 weeks and got coaches votes r3. I'd say yesterday was his first really down day.
Stats are nice. But he's done nothing with them.

Almost as bad as Wallis? Lol

Make sure the tv’s on when you next sit down to watch a dogs game Mike.
Would be a waste of power considering I'm at the game you miscreant. Haven't missed one this year. Also only my friends call me Mike, Chuck. It's Mr Immortal to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back