Opinion Changes vs. Geelong (The Battle For 2nd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pity SJ can't get a reduction with an early plea, means that he will almost certainly challenge and I think might have a shot at getting off all together. The only thing he's gpt to lose is a few extra carry over points. With the early plea discount he'd be tempted to just take the one week.

I don't think with the way the MRP has laid out the charge they have a hope in hell in challenging to get him off. It was negligent, it was of medium impact and it was high. He has got nowhere to go to defend it. Risking 70 odd points on the record later in the season is not worth attempting to defeat Freo :)

I don't think with the way the MRP has laid out the charge they have a hope in hell in challenging to get him off. It was negligent, it was of medium impact and it was high. He has got nowhere to go to defend it.

True they've haven't go much room to much around with the charge itself (at first I thought they'd called it reckless), but they might go for the 'Luke Hodge' defence and get off all together, but that would be a stretch.

If Barlow doesn't play this weekend we won't see him until at least the derby.

If Harvey was coaching you'd guess that Mundy would be rushed back into the side, but with RTB you know it ain't going to happen.

RTB will probably take over a side with no Mundy, Barlow, Pav and Sandi and he'd probably be crazy enough to pull it off.

What's going on dude!
Who's attention whoring?

BTW don't try and avoid the swear filter, let it do its work. Anyone seen to continually do this will receive infractions.

You damn filthy mods

Huge pressure on the training regulars this week with the massive poential inclusions or ommissions of Barlow, Pavlich, Mundy and Sandilands. Never been such a star studded cast all so close to selection for such an important game. First time in our history fighting for 2nd spot on the ladder in the second half of the season....

salim malik, Irish Docker, gaskin, Harry Reems ...others We expect great effort.

Unfortunately I can't give great effort tomorrow as I am working. However, I will put in great effort to get to training on Thursday.

Lift your game mate - we literally have a long list of posters willing to do this job properly, dedicated posters.

I like you, so 1 more chance OK? Don't disappoint me.

snake_eats_cat_by_morning_star1-d302z2o.jpg

Not sure about Pavlich coming in.

This here is Geelong. This game is what footy is about. It's the last chance we have before the finals to measure ourselves against a legit top 4 team.

Pavlich will be up against Taylor or Lonergan, often both. Must be absolutely cherry ripe to take part against the cats.

Huge pressure on the training regulars this week with the massive poential inclusions or ommissions of Barlow, Pavlich, Mundy and Sandilands. Never been such a star studded cast all so close to selection for such an important game. First time in our history fighting for 2nd spot on the ladder in the second half of the season....

salim malik, Irish Docker, gaskin, Harry Reems ...others We expect great effort.

Even if our training guys do give 'great effort', it's going to be hard to tell to much from tomorrow at least. Barlow is unlikely to train tomorrow even if he's considered fit enough for Saturday. Mundy might be the same, though less likely. Might get a bit of an idea with Pav and Sandi, but they will probably look similar to what they got up to last week as well and that doesn't mean too much at this stage. On them (Pav in particular), it's just a case of if they think he's got enough conditioning in him to hit the big time.

Met a bloke last night who claims to know someone high up at Freo. Said he's been told Pav is a definite against Geelong.
To substantiate his claim, he said he'd also been told earlier that Walters would be back for the North game.
If it was me, I'd be saving Pav for a Subi return but let's see what plays out...

We'll really miss Barlow. I don't think it's going to rain down there on Sat-dee, but the smaller ground and pack footy always complements his game. He thrives in it. And as promising as Michie has been, the step up from WAFL to AFL is pretty big – and the gulf between Claremont and Geelong, especially at theirs, is huge. Huge opportunity for him if Barlow can't get up, though.

I don't think we'll risk Pav unless he's anything but totally right. Old Ross even admitted you have one more chance to bring in the injured brigade – if they go down after this, they could miss the year. So we won't be flirting with anything. And if an injury happens, we'll get the (truthful) cliche: "we don't deal in hypotheticals," and whatever happens happens.

Also, it's not Geelongistan. My favourite is Geetroit, as a poor soul mate of mine who lives down there calls it. Geeeetroit.

Met a bloke last night who claims to know someone high up at Freo. Said he's been told Pav is a definite against Geelong.
To substantiate his claim, he said he'd also been told earlier that Walters would be back for the North game.
If it was me, I'd be saving Pav for a Subi return but let's see what plays out...
Happy with that if true!

Would be content and confident if:
-Pav came in for Taberner (unlucky)
-Sandi held off a week until the Saint game
-Barlow came up and played a full game
-Michie/Sheridan got a gig in place of Mundy if he is still 50/50 by the end of the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity SJ can't get a reduction with an early plea, means that he will almost certainly challenge and I think might have a shot at getting off all together. The only thing he's gpt to lose is a few extra carry over points. With the early plea discount he'd be tempted to just take the one week.

On the money PapaJ, he is challenging

Happy with that if true!

Would be content and confident if:
-Pav came in for Taberner (unlucky)
-Sandi held off a week until the Saint game
-Barlow came up and played a full game
-Michie/Sheridan got a gig in place of Mundy if he is still 50/50 by the end of the week

No mention of The Golden Fleece coming in to a back pocket to provide some much needed drive from defence? You're slipping Seppo

I would pull the trigger on Pavlich if he is close enough and not going to risk injury. He def. adds more scoring potential for an unlucky Taberner. He has had some setbacks but it is obvious RTB has been planning to have him and 211 back for this game for some time.

Sandi seems actually more fit than Pav and he would come in for Hannath and be plonked in the goal square. I like the mammoth, lots to work with there and he is a lovely kick. But 211 has the experience and extra height - have not really seen 211 used exclusively out of the goalsquare yet in a game so it is hard to judge but I would favour the big fella to go marginally better.

Hope to hell Barlow and Mundy is good to go. Mundy in for Barlow otherwise Michie if fit enough but I could see Sheridan also getting a game - Sutty if he is not suspended.

Tough calls and some argument to not make many changes but this is a fired up Geelong and I cannot see an 80 point total being enough to get us over the line against them so we need to get more goa.

I would pull the trigger on Pavlich if he is close enough and not going to risk injury. He def. adds more scoring potential for an unlucky Taberner. He has had some setbacks but it is obvious RTB has been planning to have him and 211 back for this game for some time.

Sandi seems actually more fit than Pav and he would come in for Hannath and be plonked in the goal square. I like the mammoth, lots to work with there and he is a lovely kick. But 211 has the experience and extra height - have not really seen 211 used exclusively out of the goalsquare yet in a game so it is hard to judge but I would favour the big fella to go marginally better.

Hope to hell Barlow and Mundy is good to go. Mundy in for Barlow otherwise Michie if fit enough but I could see Sheridan also getting a game - Sutty if he is not suspended.

Tough calls and some argument to not make many changes but this is a fired up Geelong and I cannot see an 80 point total being enough to get us over the line against them so we need to get more goa.

I havn't been able to make training in a while, are you saying that Sandi is looking fitter than Pav during the training drills. If so and they are both good to go I would think that it would make our forward line too slow when defending. Having said that we would have some great marking potential up forward.

Fremantle has ruled out star veterans Matthew Pavlich and Aaron Sandilands from this week’s clash with second-placed Geelong at Simonds Stadium.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2013-06-25/pavlich-sandilands-ruled-out-of-cats-clash.workstation

Aint it strange to actually be a bit happy with that, no rushing them in half done and we back the team in again to get the job done.

Of course what I'm really happy about is that when we finally do see them named they'll be no limping or mid game tiring, we can expect both to be fit and ready for a big game.

Yeah I feel the same, was half hoping that they wouldn't be named for this week. That is a strange feeling indeed.
I hope they will have the tanks to run out a game when they get back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back