Changes vs Melbourne, melt away!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure we can make any changes that make us better.

Out Cripps (inj)
In Ah Chee if fit or Petrucelle

Cole has seriously regressed this year which is disappointing, I loved his work last year.

Christ.

Sometimes you just get beaten by a better side on the day/night.

Some of the comments here about us being soft or getting ahead of ourselves are laughable.

A lot of fair weather supporters around.
Just shows how spoilt our supporters are. Reigning premiers, equal second on points and spitting it because we lost to the other second on points team by a point. I know who is soft.

I actually tipped Collingwood by a point, so no surprise here. I think this loss could be a blessing come finals time. We won’t take them for our bitches and Buckley has shown his hand. They threw everything they had at us and came up one point winners. Good for them, they deserved the win.

Now let’s get on with it and see what the season has left. It’s been a hell of a ride so far! Go West Coast 💙💛

The bloke can't move. He looks like an 80yr old man constantly getting outmuscled and outmaneuvered.

I presume the whole reason he's not "coming up the ground" is because his body is wrecked and he has to stay deep. Like Franklin, he hardly trains.

Agreed. Sadly the great man is on his last legs.
But what to do in the short term?
Last week we got a glimpse of life without him and it looked ok albeit against the dockers

Smith and Masten in the same side, shame there's not a Grand Final half marathon instead of a sprint
Smith would be able to cover Cripps around the ground, where I think we need help the most judging last nights performance. Waterman / AhChee better forwards but won’t be able to put in the km’s needed to cover Cripps

Last week we got a glimpse of life without him and it looked ok albeit against the dockers
GET OVER YOURSELF.
If he came on the market 15 other teams would line up to sign him.
Kennedy will be there when the whips are cracking/

Jeez reading some of the changes and we f-U-K-Eing turn quick on our own.

Kennedy is a legend of our club, regularly takes the best defender AND the loose man.

Not ony that he regularly provides a foil so guys like darling can take great grabs.

He had the flue, and really should have been given another week to recover.

Kennedy is going NOWHERE.

Smith would be able to cover Cripps around the ground, where I think we need help the most judging last nights performance. Waterman / AhChee better forwards but won’t be able to put in the km’s needed to cover Cripps
There's more to football than covering ground though, Cripps is quite dangerous with the ball in hand, Smith not so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy not dominating as in previous years shouldnt surprise anyone. However he is still a best 22 when healthy. He also works well with Darling and again I saw JK provide a dumby lead and a 2nd player lead behind JK and was kicked to, JK ignored.....set play.

He will have good games and poor games but FF is one of the hardest positions on the ground.

Look it’s obvious when Oscar is playing a pure forward. Aka not a defender or Ruck + fwd we are too tall. As good as he is he’s displacing our fwd. I don’t think

Oscar/jk/darling has ever played well together. They all mess with each other running patterns. In saying that I’d rather we just go Darling/jk

Out: Nicnat (rest), Cripps, Cole.
In: Schofield, Ah Chee, Petch.

Put Ah Chee right in the thick of it, play him as a main mid and see how it goes. Either that or do the same with the Mallen.

Out: Cole, Cripps, Ollen/JK (Injured/Sick?)

In: Rotham, Ah Chee, Petch/Waterman/Brander

Again Ryan has gotten up after a contest and has been limping. Not sure if it’s legit or if he’s over exaggerating, because it seems to happen a fair bit.

It does, yes, he seems a little fragile, and suspect to pain. Noticed it the GF too. Needs to toughen up a bit.

Christ.

Sometimes you just get beaten by a better side on the day/night.

Some of the comments here about us being soft or getting ahead of ourselves are laughable.

A lot of fair weather supporters around.
I like how our national cricket team gets a free pass but when it comes to our footy team it's always "you useless campaigners" & "pathetic"
Interesting isn't it?

Look it’s obvious when Oscar is playing a pure forward. Aka not a defender or Ruck + fwd we are too tall. As good as he is he’s displacing our fwd. I don’t think

Oscar/jk/darling has ever played well together. They all mess with each other running patterns. In saying that I’d rather we just go Darling/jk
No this is not the case.
Oscar actually adds balance. I suggest that you have a real close look at the running patterns of the forwards.
We only have three talls up forward at any time.
Oscar mainly plays high forward, giving us a marking target between wing and half forward but he also rotates in this roll with JD and JK.
The small forwards are mainly there for defensive pressure and rotate off the bench.
Oscar is a unique player and a superb athlete. We are a better team with him in.
He is also the future of the club.

anyone who was at the game yesterday could see the amount of times kennedy was being mishandled yesterday but those green slimey campaigner hecks of a afterbirth campaigners known as hecken shitcampaigner umpires kept ******* him and the team over

We seem to be running out of fun tickets at just the wrong time.

JK is not 100% fit.
Rioli might be over his injuries, but is carrying too much pudding and isn't match fit. Just cannot do his Rioli things enough.
Ryan looks hurt and limps and holds his side when away from the play.
We know NicNat is not fully fit and is on limited minutes.
Gov looks like he is marginal on both ankle and ribs.
With Cripps, Hutchings missing from our best 22 we have gone from looking pretty fit to pretty banged up.

We really don't need a trip to Alice Springs to play on the concrete oval there.

Jesus some of you turn on our own. Kennedy is a champion and has so many runs on the board. I think he has a couple of down games in the bank.

I think we need Nic for Gawn but if he’s sore then don’t fly him to Alice.

Cripps is a huge loss. Need someone who runs and runs. Ryan needs to move into that role (has clocked up the KMs before). Do we give Brander a shot as high half forward? I would.

Melbourne don’t have a tall forward line, so for me Cole gets one more shot. Simmo likes backing in the boys so I’d imagine he’ll give him one more match before Rotham replaces him.

Riolu desperately needs a good run. I think in Alice some of our indigenous boys might turn it on.

Petch needs a good outing in the 2s

For me:

In: Brander
Out: Cripps

If Nic isn’t fit
In: Brander, Ah Chee (if fit)
Out: Cripps, Nic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back