Analysis Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Vardy and Allen vs Gawn and probably Preuss.

At least try to win the game, Simmo

Melbourne averaging +20 hitouts a game this year but only +4 clearances. Maybe the plan is just to concede the ruck to Gawn and rove to him.

Vardy and Allen vs Gawn and probably Preuss.

At least try to win the game, Simmo

Going in knowingly completely outmatched can be a good thing...the mids can rove to the oppo hitouts and put in place extra defensive structures that they wouldn't if say NN was playing.

Plus you'd imagine Vardys job would be to solely limit Gawns influence

When is D. Day? Do you have until the end of the game to delete your account, or only until the formal selection announcement?

The minute hungrytiger withdraws his racism claim against me, I’m gone.

It’s extraordinarily offensive to me, he threw it out there with zero basis and if he doesn’t withdraw it he can get ****ed.

Of course, we all know he’s pathologically incapable of admitting he’s ever been wrong about anything. So it could be a while.

Interestingly, Gold Coast won the total hit outs last week, and I will say that Witts did a monumental job, but the majority of the advantage came when Gawn was getting a rest. Gawn was clearly the best ruckman out there (especially late) and Melbourne were +12 in the clearances for the day (+11 around the ground).

All this against a ruck group that doubled us up 32-64 in hitouts the week prior. I think this is where we’ll miss Lycett the most - just need a body to smash into Gawn and make him uncomfortable, because if we try to play it straight up there’s no chance.

MY WILLIE IS BACK!!

giphy.gif

Interestingly, Gold Coast won the total hit outs last week, and I will say that Witts did a monumental job, but the majority of the advantage came when Gawn was getting a rest. Gawn was clearly the best ruckman out there (especially late) and Melbourne were +12 in the clearances for the day (+11 around the ground).

All this against a ruck group that doubled us up 32-64 in hitouts the week prior. I think this is where we’ll miss Lycett the most - just need a body to smash into Gawn and make him uncomfortable, because if we try to play it straight up there’s no chance.
This is where I don't mind playing Vardy over Hickey (I know that's not exactly what's happened but just go with it), although Hickey is better at winning taps I feel he's not as good at nullifying the other Ruckman's effectiveness. Vardy create a lot of nil-all draws.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s extraordinarily offensive to me, he threw it out there with zero basis and if he doesn’t withdraw it he can get ******.

Of course, we all know he’s pathologically incapable of admitting he’s ever been wrong about anything. So it could be a while.
He isn't a real person anyway. He's an algorithm invented by the Russians

One big post coming up.

Ive had 2 stints on here. I had a 2 year lay off before i decided to come back. Why? Because it goes back to when i said Jarrod Pickett would be picked up with pick 4 by GWS(2014 draft) And that had come directly from Jarrod. I go way back with the family even before he was born. From his father and uncle playing in the same senior team as my oldest brother to his father being my indigenous liasion officer at school and then myself playing in that senior team.

When i let everyone know i was ridiculed and also there were some racism going on. I have very big indigenous links right across the whole country. I am of indigenous decent myself. The comments that i havent bothered to highlight unlike Miguel Sanchez does. I guess thats what happens when you been on here for 14 years. I guess thats why Georgie call you a "Something" Nazi.

Well i would like to say im sorry to you Miguel for calling yourself for making racist remarks. But it was a few on here at that time. People will always deny. Maybe Miguel you can go back and find that post back in the year Jarrod was drafted. These comments came up too in October/November 2017 when Tim Kelly was being drafted when i worked with Caitlins brother and lived with An AFL indigenous manager and Leila Gurruwiwi. Even you Miguel said there was racism brewing. So you could maybe highlight those comments.

Moving on looks like 1 change Willie for Waterman.
Jump on Venables for 20+ disposals. Rioli comes into fwd line and Venners moves up as the last mid 7th? And also how Waterman started inside.

Cattergirl You shouldnt butt into something that goes back to the 2014 draft. You're like Colleen Smart. Side note Alex Glenn isnt sick either like its been reported. Hes leaving the building. Take that back to your new friends.

I found your comments. I posted some of them to you on twitter. I didn’t find anyone giving you s**t for saying Pickett would go pick 4. Most people agreed with you.

I won’t be able to do any more back searching for you because I’ll be gone :(

It’s extraordinarily offensive to me, he threw it out there with zero basis and if he doesn’t withdraw it he can get ******.

Fair enough - that sort of BS goes on too frequently these days.

I think he can get ****ed either way though.

Wait, so what have I missed here?

You made a bet about Rioli's selection I'm assuming?

Im getting bored with all this crap.I dont read all the posts but i see a fair bit and ive never seen any posts that id consider racist.All i ever read on here is admiration for our Aboriginal players.calling a player lazy,soft,slow or for him to be dropped is normal footy crap and goes for black,white,yellow or red players.
Back to footy, i think Vardy stays in because Gawn is perceived to be a tad on the soft side.The whole club needs to go after him.

Actually No. Not Most at all agreed with me. Most did not. I had the word straight from Jarrod which came straight from Stephen Silvagni at the time.
Anyway you highlighted to me about the racism issue that had occurred and agreed it was around. So thankyou for that at least. Im done talking about this now.
For the record I did no such thing. I didn’t see any racism when I went back. I don’t actually know what you’re talking about.

You said you had multiple connections to Pickett (as you seemingly do with basically everyone) and that he was going to GWS at pick 4 if Melbourne didn’t take him earlier. No one disagreed. The main point of conversation was whether he would still be around at our pick 11. No one thought he would be.

You did earlier say Pickett might be around at our second-round pick:

cockatoo is a must at pick 11. even nth melb forum are worried he will go b4 their 1st at 16. Hes the big guy we need. We can draft gun wingers with 2nd and 3rd round picks. Pickett may slide to our 2nd round if his msg to the east has scared them enough. Dont think dockers will go him with 1st most likely a key position player.

And that he wasn't big enough and we'd be better off going for Touk Miller (fair call, he's had the better career) with our second round pick:

think its time for a new thread How about Will Vozzo and Nisbett Wake up before Trade Week Ends? I think the best we can hope for is somw extra picks with a couple fringe players traded. We really need to try and get cockatoo early because I believe freo will try with their 1st. I have watched footage of garlett and pickett I dont think they are big enough and dont think there foot skills will suit Simmos pre requisites. Better off going for touk miller with 2nd

And then that Pickett would go to Gold Coast, who had pick 8

pickett to gold coast and garlett to north melbourne you can wake up now

Then you suddenly decided that Garlett who was previously too small and not good enough for our second rounder was a family friend and was going to GWS at 7

ok. spoke to a longtime family friend. played all my footy with his dad and uncle. his name is jarrod pickett. every west coast fan give up..not coming to west coast. wants to go gold coast. but going to gws at 7. gws were going to pick him even if they had 1 pick in 10. western bulldogs wanted him but told them no. Also said that him and wright would of been picks 1 n 2 last yr. Garlett is a big slider. lacks discipline. wont go into detail. Take away that 35% in voting. Also said Cockatoo had iniuries but has overcome them. Thats who west coast want outside of jarrod. When jarrod said on tv about finishing career back home he meant with south freo when afl career finished. His family are very impressed with gws set up. He said west coast needs to learn to trade to get better picks.

You can click on those links and start reading on if you want to try to find some racist abuse that I've somehow missed. All the hard work's been done for you. It's almost as if you don't have an excuse.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back